What is your favorite

K.C.

Ok, ok, I'm tempted to say Intrigue but I will defer to my childhood love, even prior to my being able to drive one:

The 1975 or 1976 Olds Cutlass Salon coupe with buckets, console, rally gauges, the color keyed rally wheels. and the ultra-quiet and long-lasting Olds Rocket 260 V8.

I'd have to say that a Tri-5 Nomad is my favorite but the late 50's Apache and ANY 68-72 A-Body are very close.

Which is why I am very happy with this.

Posted Image

My brother just picked up an unmolested 71 El Camino and I was pretty much drooling over it.

Now, is anyone who remembers how many Camaros I own surprised by my selection? Camaros are right up there too and my favorite of them are the 70-73's.

Corvettes are real close too.

im sure this will surprise noone... especially those who saw the sig i had a while ago...

Posted Image

1969 corvette L88... mmmmm

Best GM car of all time for what? Looks? Performance? Daily driver?

I like the 1963-1967 Corvettes the best. In their time they were ASTOUNDINGLY good looking cars comparative to anything the WORLD had to offer, forget about just the domestics. I like the Coupes best.

I like the late model Corvettes for performance, bang for the buck, etc. I just don't like the LOOKS of the late model Corvette, not bad, but nothing to write home about IMO.

Daily driver/utilitarian vehicle would probably go the the SSSilverado. Power, all wheel drive, decent looks- it's a good work vehicle IMO.

The A and G bodies from 1964 - 1988 cover almost all of the GM cars I love, along with most F-bodies and Corvettes, any Holden RWD, and the original Novas up to the mid 70s. There are a few others, but that's the lion's share.

Camino, I think you and I could hang out talking and playing with cars all day long. Throw in my brother and some other friends and we'd have one heck of a good time.

I could play too, since the Pontiac A bodies are my favorite, but mention the H word and I'm taking my A body home. :P

Well, if you put up with our idiosyncrasies, I am willing to put up with yours. :AH-HA_wink:

Personally, I think they have helped wake GM up and they have some good ideas to work from, but their cars are designed for a different market. Some will work here, others need more American heritage.

Anyone who REALLY appreciates the Chevy V-8s is welcome, as well as those who like other GM V-8s (Hmmmmm, 455). Heck I could even enjoy BSing about Buick Turbo V-6 from the 80s.

Yeah I love the Pontiac A-Bodies from 1968-1972. If only Pontiac would do an A-Body retro from that time, that would almost be better than sex for me. :smilewide:

Post a picture of your wife so WE can decide!

Nice sled. I think I already posted that my Dad had the following year's coupe with an inline six. Like some of the moronic things he said and thought, he had always affirmed Pontiacs were duds because a close friend of his got a lemon. Turns out his LeMans coupe was the BEST car he'd ever owned...it NEVER stranded him...not even once.

Post a picture of your wife so WE can decide!

Nice sled. I think I already posted that my Dad had the following year's coupe with an inline six. Like some of the moronic things he said and thought, he had always affirmed Pontiacs were duds because a close friend of his got a lemon. Turns out his LeMans coupe was the BEST car he'd ever owned...it NEVER stranded him...not even once.

She has given her permission, look but don't touch, oh and she would kill you Bob! If you catch my drift. :AH-HA_wink:

Posted Image

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

3 guesses :AH-HA_wink:

That's easy ;).

BTW ... I sent you a PM ... you receive it?

As for my favorite ... it can't be all that difficult to decipher..........

the Monte Carlo, of course.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I've got this feeling that won't subside" ... Eric Carmen ... 'Hungry Eyes'

She has given her permission, look but don't touch, oh and she would kill you Bob! If you catch my drift. :AH-HA_wink:

Posted Image

HA. I wouldn't worry about Bob touching. Reg, on the other hand, may be interested in buying a keyboard I have to sell...

Oh, and she's quite fetching. Which begs the question...j/k :P

I like the era '57-65 the best, and I greatly prefer the full-size cars. A-Bodies were just de-engineered from the B/C-Bodies, anyway. I love Cadillacs and maybe a bit moreso: Pontiacs. I love the 1st gen Grand Prixs, and will pinpoint my favorite as my first car: 1964 Grand Prix Sport Coupe.

Too many to choose from. Brass-era monsters like the 1910 Oldsmobile seven-passenger touring sedan are amazing, but really any little buckboard will do. Pretty much anything from the Classic era from the lowliest and most basic Chevrolet up to the most outrageous custom-bodied V-16 Cadillac. Everything from late 40's fastbacks to 1950's rocketships, but any old utilitarian sedan is just fine too. Savage pavement-eating 1960's muscle cars and big fat 1970's luxury barges are awesome, but even grandma's station wagon and the school librarian's no frills sedan do the trick. Turbocharged G-bodies and sleek looking F-bodies, but even the Caprice Classic your mom used to drop you off at school in was pretty awesome. And trucks. All of them.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that, until recently (last 15 years or so), there wasn't much that GM made that WASN'T cool. Sure they had their small crappy cars whose ownership ensured surefire contraception when new, but I'm sure I'm not alone here when I get a kick out of seeing a Vega or a Monza or some other featherweight POS living a second and much cooler life as a drag car. Only recently has GM dropped the ball and built stuff that's about as exciting as watching linoleum curl. They need to go back to their days of building something for everybody and putting it in exciting packages. They had it right for the first eight or nine decades and can get it back again if they keep plugging away at it. They finally seem to be getting it a little.

Favorite? As in single favorite? I don't really think I can do that...but I can do my favorite from each of the five traditional divisions:

Buick: 1953 Roadmaster Skylark

Cadillac: 1959 Eldorado (any)

Chevrolet: 1957 Bel Air V8 Sport Coupe

Oldsmobile: 1970 442 W-30

Pontiac: 1965 Bonneville convertible

1930s Cadillac V-16s.

Coachbuilt ones with the 452 cubic inch 45* OHC V16 motors.

I particularly love two tone Dual Cowl Phaetons, but if I had

to pick just ONE specific car it would be the "Tiger Hunt" 1931

Cadillac V16 boat tail speedster built by Pinninfarina. :wub:

Posted Image