Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

VE Ute Export Deal Close

15 posts in this topic

Interesting...sounds like it's close to a deal (assuming PC-S doesn't throw a wrench in the deal).

Edited by moltar

Well, it's never really a done deal until an announcement happens. But it sure looks like it won't be long before that comes.

The article itself doesn't really confirm it, but the fact that it is out there with some very leading comments by Holden staff comes close.

A GMC, maybe... But I do not think this is a good idea as a Pontiac.

Sure, it might give them some much needed volume and a bit of an image boost but in the long run it's just whoring out the image of the division a little bit more if GM is indeed striving to make Pontiac a performance car brand.

Sure, it might give them some much needed volume and a bit of an image boost but in the long run it's just whoring out the image of the division a little bit more if GM is indeed striving to make Pontiac a performance car brand.

Can't agree. The Ute is a performance car.

Still should be a Chevy though.

I agree, GMC is a more natural fit for the Ute than Pontiac, but consider the fact that both the G8 and a hypothetical GMC Ute would look exactly the same from the front doors forward (save for the badging). Even the best GM marketing couldn't explain to the dumbest customers why two vehicles looking exactly the same wear different badges in the same showroom and have them feel warm and fuzzy about either brand. There'd only be more cries of "Just kill <insert brand here> already!" As weird as it seems, the Ute is better off as a Pontiac than as a GMC.

I'm with Camino though - the Ute's best chance at success is as a Chevy. It would practically sell itself as an El Camino.

Let's get real, if it was sold as all three the elCamino

would still account for 85% of total sales so why the

hell not just call it an ElCamino from the get-go...?!

I think the Ute will be a huge flop here in the U.S.

I think it could be a low volume novelty, but not necessarily a flop.. how much demand is their for a 2 seat, car-based pickup? Not much, I would think..

Of necessity alone, it will be low-volume. Holden can only build so many, especially with the G8 already coming here. I'm quite sure that it will be profitable, however.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room