Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lamar

2008 Mazda6 Revealed

28 posts in this topic

This car is sharp looking, as is most of Mazda's lineup (only the two badge engineered Ford clone vehicles are hideous, unnecessary, and out of step with the rest of the lineup: the Tribute and the B-series pickup). Mazda has been on a roll with awesome designs. The only disappointing feature was the C pillar treatment on the sedan; why the slab of black plastic behind the back side window? I hated this design element on the 2008 Chrysler Sebring and the Lincoln MKZ (Zephyr), although I think Mazda did do a much better job of integrating it into the side profile than Chrysler. The rest of the vehicle is totally sharp. I even think the wagon is cool and sporty; I usually don't care for wagons, but this one rocks. I hope this car and the new 2008 Malibu really cut into the Camry/Accord monopoly on the midsize sedan market (both cars certainly have more of a cool factor and visual appeal than either the Camry or Accord). I might have to consider trading up from my current Mazda3 (which has been trouble free since I purchased it three years ago) into this slick new Mazda.

I really like the design of this, but it appears much smaller in size than the new Accord, Malibu, and Camry. I think this will be the choice for those wanting the sportiest sedan though.

that is perfect.

stylistically, for me, this has the least flaws i've seen on ANY car, supercar, sedan, or otherwise.

very mondeo profile, but that works here.

also, the interior looks really businessy and focused on driving, but thats ok.

10/10. home friggin run.

and i'm not even a mazda fan.

Edited by dimitri0917

It's just gorgeous. I love it. I want one right now.

I'm in LOVE.......

Coming from a previous Mazda6 owner, I think Mazda did a great job of updating the car....and expanding on it's "sportiest in the segment" appearance.......while it may not knock Camry and Accord off their pedestals, it will certainly cause Altima and G6 some serious heart-burn......

And I like how the rear of the car does the Sebring thing better than the Sebring. :lol:

That's really funny you should say that--when I first looked at the rear, that's EXACTLY what I thought about the taillamps!

Very cool. The detailing on the front looks spiffy, and the whole thing says "concept" more than "production."

To the other car manufacturers especially GM, car weight can be reduced in the successive generations without sacrificing creature comfort.

Good engineered car. Interior is kinda warming on me.

Best in class. No question.

This is a great looking car inside and out.

The lousy quality photos don't do the car justice...it looks fantastic. And yes, it does the Sebring rear end better than the Sebring.

Better than the Accord sedan or coupe....best in class.

I like the detailing of the headlights and taillights. The overall shape of the headlights and taillights is repeated in the detailing. Nice design feature. I can't wait to see this car at the dealership. It's awesome!

As I said in the other thread, its definitely a good looking midsizer. I absolutely love the hatch. By far the sexiest mainstream midsizer you can buy.

This car doesn't change my sentiments for Mazda: The only thing they've done that interests me is the Wankel engine.

As I said in the other thread, its definitely a good looking midsizer. I absolutely love the hatch. By far the sexiest mainstream midsizer you can buy.

All NA gets is the sedan unfortunately. <_<

All NA gets is the sedan unfortunately. <_<

That renders this car unsexy to me. I like the wagon. The sedan looks a bit dumpy in the back with the ground effects. I just aren't all horny over this like everyone else I suppose.

I just aren't all horny over this like everyone else I suppose.

Oooh grammar by Budweiser.

Oooh grammar by Budweiser.

Blessed by St. Ides himself, what can I say?

No one gets a Camry Solara vibe from the front? Just me I guess. I don't see the big deal in either the outside or inside. This sits in the same category for me as the new Altima: I don't see what the fuss is about. Shrugs.

Wow. Damn. Holy crap.

IMO, this blows the rest of the midsize field away. Mazda's going for broke and hitting homeruns in almost every segment. It NEEDS to advertise the hell out of this car. Obviously, it will never out-sell the Camry, Accord and Altima but I predict it will be just like the 3: Mazda will sell every one it builds. It should sell the wagon and sedan in the U.S. but I prefer all three.

I wish we could get the hatch in the states :(

Edited by Dodgefan

I'm a little bummed out. I read a couple of disturbing notices about this vehicle.

1) This is supposedly not the version of the Mazda6 that we will get in the U.S. I love the sleek, svelte, athletic presence of this car. I definitely don't want to see a bloated version "specifically designed for American tastes." Mazdas are supposed to be sporty alternatives to dull, mainstream Asian vehicles. If I wanted an Accord or Camry, I would buy one.

2) We will supposedly only get a sedan version of the redesigned vehicle. I'm not so fond of the hatchback, but I think the missing wagon version will be a missed opportunity for Mazda (slick looks meets utility; what a nice alternative to a crossover). I normally don't like wagons, but this one has changed my mind about this configuration. A Mazdaspeed version might just make the wagon segment cool again and Mazda could lead the way. If the development money has already been spent on bringing the wagon out somewhere in the world, why would it hurt for Mazda to give this configuration one more try in the U.S.

I hope this is all speculation by some misguided auto journalist. Somehow, I get the sinking feeling it isn't.

Edited by cire

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0