Buh Bye GXP

Well they came for the Pontiac Grand Prix GXP today, she is on her way to Zürich, Switzerland (Swaziland for ocnblu). My new job starts on October 1, 2007, until then I will be driving the 1969 Pontiac Custom-S.

Here is some information on the company shipping the GXP.

http://www.aaat.com/

I can't wait until I take the GXP across the border into Germany and hit the German Autobahn! :AH-HA_wink:

I can't wait until I take the GXP across the border into Germany and hit the German Autobahn! :AH-HA_wink:

If you see a Vauxhall VXR8 coming up behind you, just pull over to the right and let him pass. It's not worth the trouble.

Wow...a W-body in Europe. Interesting...probably be the only one there...and how will you get it serviced there?

I saw a surprising number of American (as in American American) cars on German autobahn... everything from Explorers to North American Odysseys to North American Fusions to Dodge Rams. I think it's because of the local US military base there.

Whoopee! One less W-Body on this continent. Europe can totally have it. :P

Agreed. :smilewide:

It will not be the only one there, plesnty of Czechs & Slovakias own imported W-bodys.

There's even a Navigator and Corvette ZR1 that I know about in Slovakia.

When I first read the subject of this thread, I thought it meant you were going to trade it on the first G8 you could get your hands on! :P

I would drive a Camry first! Oh wait Holden use to sell a lot of rebadged Camrys didn't they, and Corollas too! :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

more silly employee expenses by GM :nono: :nono: :nono:

probably would have been cheaper for them to just give you an 07 CTS company car.

Or since he's going to Europe, a nice new Opel Agila..

Edited by moltar

Whoopee! One less W-Body on this continent. Europe can totally have it. :P

Oh, stop...c'mon! :AH-HA_wink: Seriously, it'll be the best-looking car in Switzerland!

I say this as I'm in Florida for 1 week in a white Grand Prix, thinking how much fun it is to pilot this thing around from behind that wrap-around dash!

I loved the W-body, I really did. However, I feel it's best years are behind it. Given the choice of a slightly used Intrigue or a new Lacrosse CXS, I'll take the Olds. In previous generations, I liked at least one model of W-body from each division. Today, the only one even remotely on my radar would be an upper end Impala. I don't really mind the overhang at all. I'm just giving ya hell.

My guess for the overhangs you're seeing would be the Citroens. The larger sedans have a front overhang that would make a W-body blush.

Hide your dog! :smilewide:

Are you gonna hump the dog's leg in excitement?

This US American doesn't have a map. Where is Swaziland again? Is it in South Carolina?

Over yonder between dem necks of the woods of Wyest Virginia and Kentucky.

Hey! You never told me this German thing was so easy! You mean all I have to do is khange all my "Cs" to "Ks"? :huh:

Exactly and you throw in a lot of Ja's, just like Pennsylvania Dutch. Speaking of which do you know what makes this sound?

Klip Klop, Bang Bang, Klip Klop, Bang Bang!

That's right it's a Amish Drive By shooting! :P

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Hey PCS, Bobby told me he'd really like to have a lock of your hair to put in a heart-shaped locket he wears around his neck. Can you spare a hair?:smilewide:

Actually ocnblu I was going to go to your gay nudist colony and let you select the hair to give to Bobby. I can spare more than one hair as I am not follicly challenged. I could even spare a pelt for my 2 dear friends (You and Bobby). :P