Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
-Camaro-

'07 Escalade

26 posts in this topic

Nice Chop, I hope the new escalade looks this good or better. :P I am so excited to see the new ride. :P

I think you did a pretty good job, but I'm guessing the real one won't be as similar to the Tahoe. Obviously it's hard to make it look a lot different since that was your base.

Crazy and funky. Kind of cool but a bit over the top. The 16's elements are too obvious. Keep posting Camaro. :)

You've got your brand's crosswired.

The fender portholes are Buick.

[post="27048"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The New Escalade is said to have them.

The New Escalade is said to have them.

[post="27082"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's why I added them, because I heard it was going to have portholes. Anyway, Buick or not, it was just for fun and if it looks good, I'm putting it on there. lol I wanted to make the side really edgy like the Cien, wasn't good enough to do that.. Edited by -Camaro-

<_< Where, oh where, will my disgust with GM end? Sorry but as a longtime GM fan, using Buick's portholes is just wrong. Cadillac surely has enough design language of its own. Or can't GM wait until they've completely starved Buick?

Or does it mean the Raineer/ Randevous are going upscale and BOF? :huh:

TO me it means Buick is set for doomsday. However we won't ruin this choppers thread. Lets take it else where if we chose to discuss.

TO me it means Buick is set for doomsday. However we won't ruin this choppers thread. Lets take it else where if we chose to discuss.

[post="27469"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I don't mind if it gets off topic, but I don't see it that way. I don't think they're willing to pay all the money to kill Buick and it's their oldest division, I just don't see it happening. I don't doubt them scaleing it down though..

Good job. From what I remember when I saw the two Escalades in the convoy Tuesday night near Nashville, the front was harder creased and XLR-ish with a grill design similar to the Sixteen but not softened. I couldn't make out much about the body because the black and white triangle paint scheme played too much on my vision. By the time I got turned around and back to the hotel the fleet of 2007 Yukons, Tahoes, and Escalades were surrounded by security tape with the Escalades covered up.

I don't mind if it gets off topic, but I don't see it that way. I don't think they're willing to pay all the money to kill Buick and it's their oldest division, I just don't see it happening. I don't doubt them scaleing it down though..

[post="27785"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I thought oldsmobile was the starter of gm. :huh: dispite the fact that they are already gone. Edited by prototype66

No; Olds was the oldest brand in North America when it died. Buick was one of the first companies that was bought to create General Motors. Was it 1908 or 1910; somewhere around there?

http://www.gm.com/company/corp_info/history/gmhis1900.html

" Buick Motor Company, founded by David Dunbar Buick, is incorporated on May 19, 1903. "

but pertaining to the subject of the tread....
portholes look ok.....LOOK ok
good work with what pictures were available....just don't like the rook racks....looks to much like the vans roof racks.......

Yeah. That's what I thought. It would make more sense to have the vents. Portholes wouldn't mesh well with the A&S theme. It would give the 'slade a much more upscale look. Kind of like what Land Rover does with it's SUVs.

Portholes belong to Buick. Why no bodyside moldings to protect those massive doors from parking lot dings and to dress up the plain looking sides? Cadillac has been copying BMW in this regard and have drudged up quite a few disgruntled customers with the new STS.

Camaro first off, that is beautiful it would be nice if that front end is the exact way the slade will be. Second I figured you would like to here a compliment before you hear all the B.S. whining about those port holes, none here, take it or leave it, it's all about change. Good work!! B) B)

I don't want to stir the pot here, but this chop was posted on Car Spy Shots three days prior to this. Granted there are some differences, but this one looks like a cleaned up version of someone elses work. It isn't a direct lift, but credit where credit is due. A lot of the work had already been done. My appologies if this is just a cooincidence, but the resemblence is eerie. Edited by Nodnarb

Portholes belong to Buick. Why no bodyside moldings to protect those massive doors from parking lot dings and to dress up the plain looking sides? Cadillac has been copying BMW in this regard and have drudged up quite a few disgruntled customers with the new STS.

[post="32082"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Because no cladding makes it look clean. How do you know it doesn't have dent resistant doors? :blink:

Camaro first off, that is beautiful it would be nice if that front end is the exact way the slade will be.  Second I figured you would like to here a compliment before you hear all the B.S. whining about those port holes, none here, take it or leave it, it's all about change.  Good work!! B)  B)

[post="32109"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wow, your first post. lol Thanks though!

I don't want to stir the pot here, but this chop was posted on Car Spy Shots three days prior to this. Granted there are some differences, but this one looks like a cleaned up version of someone elses work. It isn't a direct lift, but credit where credit is due. A lot of the work had already been done. My appologies if this is just a cooincidence, but the resemblence is eerie.

[post="32201"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes, the resemblence is erie, looks like a copy of mine. That was posted on October 10th, my picture was posted here on September 29th, in the competition 6. I doubt he saw my picture and decided to try for himself though. Great minds think alike. :) Edited by -Camaro-

Lol,That was MY chop.All I did was take a sixteen grill annd lights,Changed the bumpers and:Done.
It took me like 5 minutes.

[post="32275"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Took me 3-5 days to do mine.. lol, I just couldn't get things perfect.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0