91z4me

Mazda 2

8 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, I heard that Mazda will not be offering this product in the U.S. I don't get it. I think it would be a great alternative to the other B segment vehicles offered in our country. I wonder if Ford is concerned that the Mazda2 might interfere with the success of the upcoming arrival of the next generation Fiesta (or whatever they decide to call it). I think Fords and Mazdas appeal to different segments of the car buying public. You would think that in an ever increasing fuel conscious market such as ours, Ford and Mazda would offer as many alternatives as possible to take advantage of the situation and generate more sales (no matter how modest they may be).

I do think this is a very attractive vehicle for the B car segment. Although I probably would not purchase one, I think the car would augment Mazda's (and Ford's) image here in the states.

yeah - looking like this :

Posted Image

production for US begins in April 2009 - we will get a 5door and a sedan.

Igor

It's sharp and a great addition to Ford's lineup (if they retain the concept's appearance). I still think there is room for this and the Mazda2 in the U.S. subcompact market. What a great 1-2 punch to the Fit, Yaris, xD, Accent, Rio, and Aveo.

It's sharp and a great addition to Ford's lineup (if they retain the concept's appearance). I still think there is room for this and the Mazda2 in the U.S. subcompact market. What a great 1-2 punch to the Fit, Yaris, xD, Accent, Rio, and Aveo.

ford will have a 1-2-3-4-5-6 punch in the small segment:

besides the Fiesta/Verve as a 5door and a sedan, Ford will have the new EcoSport (AWD capable SUV-thing) - possibly named Bronco and styled after the Bronco concept of couple years past, a new Focus, a new Escape (Kuga) an a C-max tall wagon (think Vibe, HHR. Mazda5) ... finally, Reflex is reported to be live again - coming under the name Puma.

All SIX small cars under FORD brand will be on sale before the end of 2011.

The decision to bring Mazda2 to US is all on MAZDA .. not Ford - Ford manages Mazda but only "indirectly" - the head of Mazda has a single responsibility to Ford - TURN STEADY PROFIT - Ford does not dictate/care how to do that.

Igor

Edited by Igor2

production for US begins in April 2009 - we will get a 5door and a sedan.

Too bad the 3-door won't make it to the US...

Too bad the 3-door won't make it to the US...

not initially ... but if it sells well enough - it will come ... like Chevy and any other automaker, Ford is building the models it feels will sell the best ..of course Sedan is on the list .. and the success of the b-segment 5doors(Fit, Versa, Aveo5, SX-4) simply outshines the success of b-segment 3door (Yaris, Rio, Accent).

Igor

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead