regfootball

06 TOYOTA YARIS

14 posts in this topic

I like the SMART better, style-wise, but this isn't too bad.

42 mpg? Between 12 grand and 18 grand?

AWESOME!!!! I might get this before I go off to collage.

Interesting. We'll see how it's packaged in the U.S.

Congratulations, Greg, you managed an entire 2,000 word essay without mentioning the Aveo/Wave even once! I've seen the Uncle Yaris commercials. Am I the only person who thinks Uncle Yaris looks like the creepy uncle from Tommy who wanted to dirty thinks to him? Although the Yaris is a quantum leap over the Echo, it only catches up to the Aveo in terms of interior room. Don't believe the gas mileage numbers. Nobody will acheive those unless they drive like my great aunt. The Aveo has always had a 5 star frontal crash rating. Bully for Toyota! Sadly, the ugly Yaris will sell because of the T on the hood.

That misplaced Toyota emblem is kind of goofy. Seems like Toyota is trying too hard to be Nissan these days. (styling wise anyways) This is a huge improvement over the Echo. But that's not saying much since just the thought oif the Echo makes me want to :puke:

Posted Image

BTW: love that mini-mini-teeny-weeny front 1/4 window. It's like 1/16th of an inch wide. :rolleyes:

That misplaced Toyota emblem is kind of goofy. Seems like Toyota is trying too hard to be Nissan these days. (styling wise anyways) This is a huge improvement over the Echo. But that's not saying much since just the thought oif the Echo makes me want to  :puke:

Posted Image

[post="26965"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

"Seems like Toyota is trying too hard to be Nissan these days."

We could never expect Toyota to be original in anything it does.

Considering how many Echo hatches have popped up here in the last year or so they finally decided to market it here, I think this car will do very well atleast in Canada. The Aveo has pathetic fuel economy for its class, its sad.

The lack of side airbags is a serious omission. If I were buying a cheap subcompact, I'd get the new Accent over it, under the condition I'll relocate the side molding. The Daewoo Aveo is outclassed and outdated now.

my lawn mower has bigger and wider wheels and tires. MY PUSH LAWN MOWER

Wow... it looks better than the Echo, but that's not even saying anything. That's saying nothing. Ugh.. ugly.

my lawn mower has bigger and wider wheels and tires.

MY PUSH LAWN MOWER

[post="27498"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I bet your push mower has more torque too!

I bet your push mower has more torque too!

[post="27547"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

it just might. part of my lawn is a like a 50% grade or worse, and my *ahem* Honda engined Craftsman mower from Sears tackles that bitch by pulling MY lard ass up the hill just fine.

WHO SAID OVERHEAD CAM ENGINES DIDN'T HAVE ANY TORQUE?

anyways......i think my lawn mower has thicker sheet metal than this Yaris thing too.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor