• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

Sign in to follow this  
Flybrian

FRANKFURT: 2008 SAAB 9-3 Turbo X

How much is this supposed to cost, because a 335 is going to cost u about 55k with options and all the stuff the dealer tacks on.

A 335xi with sport package, cold weather package, keyless access ($500), premium package, automatic ($1375), satellite radio and rear parking sensors is $48,700. Take off $2000 if you don't need all wheel drive. The 2 items in parenthasis Saab doesn't have. It is pricey, but not $55,000, plus it's 0-60 time is the same as an Aston Martin DB9.

Or compare this car to a CTS, the CTS has a far better interior for the same money. The CTS probably handles better than the Saab too, despite being bigger and heavier, because Sigma is a far better platform than Epsilon. No car with a transversely mounted engine handles great, they may be good, but never class leading.

Edited by smk4565

A 335xi with sport package, cold weather package, keyless access ($500), premium package, automatic ($1375), satellite radio and rear parking sensors is $48,700. Take off $2000 if you don't need all wheel drive. The 2 items in parenthasis Saab doesn't have. It is pricey, but not $55,000, plus it's 0-60 time is the same as an Aston Martin DB9.

Or compare this car to a CTS, the CTS has a far better interior for the same money. The CTS probably handles better than the Saab too, despite being bigger and heavier, because Sigma is a far better platform than Epsilon. No car with a transversely mounted engine handles great, they may be good, but never class leading.

Exactly. The only positive for the Saab over the 335i is that it's a GM. I'm sure the BMW still handles and drives better too.

The Turbo X is basically a limited-edition version of the Aero XWD. All XWD 9-3s get the 280 PS engine shared with the fwd Vectra OPC, while fwd Aeros get the 255 PS version. If you don't like the styling of the Turbo X, fine, just get a standard Aero XWD and save yourself some money into the bargain.

Exactly. The only positive for the Saab over the 335i is that it's a GM. I'm sure the BMW still handles and drives better too.

And it won't be worth half its MSRP in three years.

This would be Darth Vader's car when he was staying at his Scandanavian lair. I really like the black outline on the taillamps, and I love the wheels. They are a huge step up from the other wheel choices on the new 9-3. I agree with the post above, this would be one fun car in the snow. Cross wheel drive and 280 hp? That just begs for drifting (in the safety of a light polless parking lot. :thumbsup: Saab.

Saab desparately needs cars like this. And they need to have it in a two door hatch, with attitude.

This should have been done long ago.

Posted Image

Edited by HarleyEarl

The car isn't much more than a dressed up base 9-3. I love the wheels but the rear bumper is way too busy!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.