Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Northstar

Spy Shots: ‘07 Lincoln Aviator

21 posts in this topic

Pictures at link: http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiast...S178.A9431.html

The first pictures of the 2007 Aviator wearing its production sheetmetal have been taken - and the Aviator is shaping up quite similar to the new Ford Edge we showed you two weeks ago on TCC.

Riding on the new CD3 platform, the Aviator will compete with the likes of Acura's MDX and the Lexus RX. It will likely be powered by a new 3.5-liter V-6 with 245 horsepower, with other engine options to follow.

The Aviator will begin production in August of 2006 in Oakville , Ont., alongside its sibling, Ford's new Edge. And although the profile may look like the Edge, there are many exterior differences in the front and back. With clearly unique styling, the Aviator carries the concept's taillight design across the back of the tailgate, and incorporates many Lincoln cues up front in its grille and headlamps.

Front-wheel drive will be standard, with an all-wheel-drive version also available.

From what your able to see, it look's boring. Can someone do a chop of the picture of the Edge that was released on the TCC forums, and give it a Lincoln Grill?

So we have a mazda version, ford version, and a lincoln version.. what's the mercury version Monticello? Melbourne? Mendota? :lol: :lol: :lol: Edited by jbartley

I think AWD needs to be standard...let Ford have FWD and AWD optional. There will be no Mercury version of this...Mercury gets the Freestyle-based Meta One after the Freestyle is dropped.

Does anyone know if this looks close to the concept version that was out a year or so ago?

Oh, great!  What'd they do - steal Buick's full-width tailight design?

[post="27148"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It looks like it. I think the final product will looks really good, though.

Oh, great!  What'd they do - steal Buick's full-width tailight design?

[post="27148"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Lincoln used it on the Mark VIII, Continental, and I think another vehicle but not sure.

Plus Buick seems to have abandoned it!

Yeah, Lincoln has used a full-width taillamp treatment on and off for lots of years. Can someone post a pic of the Aviator concept with the cool 60's-style Lincoln front end? I really hope the production version follows through.

I think AWD needs to be standard...let Ford have FWD and AWD optional.

There will be no Mercury version of this...Mercury gets the Freestyle-based Meta One after the Freestyle is dropped.

[post="27160"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

sarcasm! :lol:

Looks pretty bland, and I never liked the bloated 2004 concept car anyway. Carbon copies of already mediocre-looking Fords that don't live up to there name I think will be the big killer of Lincoln.

It's got the looks, but the bones are pretty weak. With RWD, this car could've been so much more.

So is this supposed to compete with the Equinox/Torrent/Cute Ute portion of the market?

[post="27174"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

This isn't a small cute ute. It's in the next size class up. It's also luxury, so it'll compete with the MDX/RX/FX/M-Class/X5 etc.

Quite plain. I don't like the proportions at all...this and the Ford Edge just don't do it for me. I'm sure they'll get the interior right though...

This thing looks like Infiniti nice. I can't wait to see it unmasked. NAIAS '06?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0