Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Opel Dumping Vectra Name

7 posts in this topic

Opel Dumping Vectra Name

New Aura-alike gets new badge.

car connection.com

At last summer's British Motor Show Vauxhall launched the new Corsa supermini. At next year's event it looks like it will be the Vectra. Jonathan Browning, GM Europe vice-president of sales, marketing and aftersales - as well as chairman of Vauxhall, the U.S. company's UK division - wouldn't give a definite yes to a London show debut next July. But he wasn't far off.

He said: "We haven't nailed down that decision yet, and it could go either side to Geneva or Paris, but for me London is the ideal time." Browning also confirmed the Vectra name is dead. "The replacement vehicle will not be called Vectra. We haven't announced formally the new name - there's been some speculation - but we will be announcing it formally later in the year," he explained.

And what can we expect from the all-new car? Browning said: "Let me take you back to the step that the current generation Astra took from the prior one, and the step we took with Corsa, generation to generation. Think about the energy and enthusiasm that the three-door executions [of those cars] created. For me, in terms of the next-generation Vectra, the step we're taking with that car is substantially greater than the steps we took with either the Astra or Corsa."

source:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Car_Shows_...290.A13363.html

Will the Saturn version get a new name too? Will it be the front-end of the Vectra glued to a LWB Epsilon instead of a clone? So many questions! :dizzy:

Will the Saturn version get a new name too? Will it be the front-end of the Vectra glued to a LWB Epsilon instead of a clone? So many questions! :dizzy:

Well, I never kiss and tell! :AH-HA_wink: So no answers from me. :smilewide:

When in doubt, changes products names and ad slogans. This is a sure fire way to make sure customers forgot about your products and brands over time. It's worked wonders for Buick. Good thinking GM!

Mark

The deal with Buick is that when GM give each car new names, the products those cars were attached to were extremely dull, outdated, and offered nothing new to their segments. Perhaps it will be different this time since it appears the Vectra replacement will be very much competitive to it's segment. It will make everyone forget about the below-average Vectra.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0