Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matt41

Aston Martin 4-Door Coupe

5 posts in this topic

Not bad.... where's the rest of the nose?

Dude, your drawings would be a zillion times better if you wouldn't set your A-pillars so far forward, and if you would draw some more length into your hoods.

From the rear to the B-pillar this thing is gorgeous! It goes downhill from there. Just work on giving your cars rear drive proportions.

Side note: Hot sig, a bit on the huge side, tho.

Dude, your drawings would be a zillion times better if you wouldn't set your A-pillars so far forward, and if you would draw some more length into your hoods.

From the rear to the B-pillar this thing is gorgeous! It goes downhill from there. Just work on giving your cars rear drive proportions.

Completely agreed with Dimitri here. Your skills are progressing excellently and you have perspective down pretty well at this point. The proportioning is off, though, from the A-pillar forward on many of your drawings, which makes it look either pre-crashed or like some weird cab-over-engine van design. I took your working sketch and did this...

Posted Image

...which was really nothing. I went into Paint, moved some of the hood and most of the fascia and front fender/wheel forward, then drew in lines to make it look connected.

Just remember that the distance between the door/pillar and the front wheel well typically corresponds to front- or rear-wheel drive on passenger cars. A shorter distance means FWD; a longer distance RWD. Truck/SUVs/crossovers, this doesn't typically apply to.

Please keep up with this Aston, though...I'm looking forward to seeing the final product! :thumbsup:!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0