Feeling disenfranchised, frustrated,

Camino LS6

Look, I can't do anything about it tonight. So, if you really don't want the Ridgeline, just leave it in that ditch where I found it and I'll bring your Maserati back tomorrow.

:lol:

Yeah, I wish it was that simple. I've just about reached critical mass with everything I see as so awfully wrong around me. And I've just about had it with people who never do what they say they will - the next one is likely to be vented on.

Well try not to wig out on any of your cool stuff, but if you do.....

DENTED EL CAMINOS HALF PRICE!!! :P

With that being said, care to elaborate on what the problem is? Does it have something to do with the owner of the property you live at (you were alluding to something regarding that before)?

Yeah, I wish it was that simple. I've just about reached critical mass with everything I see as so awfully wrong around me. And I've just about had it with people who never do what they say they will - the next one is likely to be vented on.

Perhaps this is not the time to say that I really won't be bringing the Maserati back tomorrow.......

:scratchchin: hmmm

A target!

I am safely locked behind my gated enclave <------ :) There is now an ALL POINTS BULLETIN that went out to the Delaware State police and Delaware National Guard and last but not least GM's Crack Guard Unit from the Wilmington Assembly plant that guards me night and day, to be on the lookout for an older disgruntled man, in his mid 40's from Pennslyvania, wearing a hat and smelling of mulch and engine grease, he may have his faithful friend B&B landscaper with him. Shoot to kill! :P

Well try not to wig out on any of your cool stuff, but if you do.....

DENTED EL CAMINOS HALF PRICE!!! :P

With that being said, care to elaborate on what the problem is? Does it have something to do with the owner of the property you live at (you were alluding to something regarding that before)?

I guess I owe some sort of explaination for the post.

No, the owners are just a tiny aspect of it all. I am just so freakin' sick of the things I see around me. The foolishness of it all and the dumbing down of individuality and freedom. This least-common-denominator mentality so commonplace in the country these days. And the grinding foot of pointless nastiness everywhere. There are a thousand reasons for my current disaffection, and I guess that they just ganged-up on me today.

Look...I'm SORRY I didn't pee in that Tundra's gas tank ok?! I mean...I didn't have to at the time...and it was COLD out.

Perhaps this is not the time to say that I really won't be bringing the Maserati back tomorrow.......

Thanks for the jokes guys, they do help.

And PCS, you can call off the militia - I think I'll just empty the fridge of beer instead. It's been in there too long anyway (since July). There are maybe 3 or 4 left and I intend to make that count zero before I call it a night.

I'll save the manifesto for another time.

Just don't ever suggest that I should buy a FWD sedan like everybody else and I won't have to break out the claws.

I guess I owe some sort of explaination for the post.

No, the owners are just a tiny aspect of it all. I am just so freakin' sick of the things I see around me. The foolishness of it all and the dumbing down of individuality and freedom. This least-common-denominator mentality so commonplace in the country these days. And the grinding foot of pointless nastiness everywhere. There are a thousand reasons for my current disaffection, and I guess that they just ganged-up on me today.

Buy some cheap acres out in the middle of nowhere, build whatever you want as far as a house and outbuildings, and start an El Camino ranch. I've thought about doing it a million times. Clear the land myself, put up a steel building or three the size of a football field, and do whatever the hell I want. There's a guy on the Professional Car Society forums living the dream right now. He sold his house and moved out to the woods, and put up a massive steel building with a two-story apartment in one corner. He walks out his front door every morning to the rest of the floor where his fleet of twenty or so professional cars and fire engines await him. He's like one of my heroes hahah

Buy some cheap acres out in the middle of nowhere, build whatever you want as far as a house and outbuildings, and start an El Camino ranch. I've thought about doing it a million times. Clear the land myself, put up a steel building or three the size of a football field, and do whatever the hell I want. There's a guy on the Professional Car Society forums living the dream right now. He sold his house and moved out to the woods, and put up a massive steel building with a two-story apartment in one corner. He walks out his front door every morning to the rest of the floor where his fleet of twenty or so professional cars and fire engines await him. He's like one of my heroes hahah

I LOVE that idea!

Camino, here's a quote from him briefly describing his basic setup:

My building is a Morton 60' X 125' with a 12' X 15' roll-up door, two 12' X 12' roll up doors, and a 18' by 10' roll up door. Basically I will have a door in every one of the 16' high walls of the building. The plan is to build a 25' X 30' two-bedroom apartment in one corner of the building which should give me room to park 10-12 Procars and at least three firetrucks inside the rest of the structure - along with the rest of my vehicles. Completion is scheduled for the end of August.

I love the idea too!

Here's some more:

I am planning on space for three Fire Trucks parked parallel with the long side of the building at the far end opposite the apartment, and then 4 ten foot wide spaces on each side of the building perpendicular to the long side of the building. This will leave about 10 foot down the middle of the building where I can park an additional couple of cars parallel with the long side of the building. This takes up a little over half of the building - the first 70 feet of the 125' length of the structure. Two 12' X 12' doors will come next along each side, along with a walk-through door next to each one. The 25' X 30' apartment will fill the space in one corner of the building, and the remaining 30' X 25' space will be used for parking my truck, motorcycles, and other "normal" vehicles. An 18' wide by 12' tall door will open into the end of the building that contains the "living quarters," while a 15' tall by 12' wide door will allow the tallest Fire Truck to back into the opposite end. And no, there won't be any roll-up doors that open into the apartment. I only have two Fire Trucks at the moment, so I am saving the third parking spot at that end of the building for my eventual acquisition of a ladder truck. Eventually I will build an actual house on the 5 acre lot (with an attached garage, of course!) and plan on renting out the apartment for short-term workers at the Nuclear Plant. I actually bought 36 acres, and am currently in the process of having it surveyed into 7 lots, of which I will sell 5. Just think - I will own my own subdivision - "Austin Acres!"

Pretty sweet, eh?

So...this would be an even worse time to tell you I found out the El Camino will ride Epsilon II........?

Bob, if I see pictures of a restored El Camino with twin .50s mounted in the bed and a camouflaged Malibu with BATTLE WAGON Krylon'd on the side, we're doing an intervention.

So...this would be an even worse time to tell you I found out the El Camino will ride Epsilon II........?

Bob, if I see pictures of a restored El Camino with twin .50s mounted in the bed and a camouflaged Malibu with BATTLE WAGON Krylon'd on the side, we're doing an intervention.

If you see that...

RUN!

Sounds like a good idea to me too. They had Cadillac ranches, why not El Camino ranches?

Why not...in my family, it's the Mustang and Cougar ranch (between myself, my brother, and our mom, there are 6 Mustangs and 3 Cougars stored on the 'farm' in Eastern Ohio...

So when exactly did the US, as a nation, go insane?

The Reagan years?

I think it started when the country became so sensitive to everyone else's ideals and created their own agenda. I also think that the latest Republican poisoning did not help. I am not a political guy and George W. Shrub is the first political person I have out and out hated. I place Stalin ahead of Mr. Shrub. But thats just me.

There's a book by Maxine Greene called the Dialectic of Freedom. It's a great book that makes you question everything in your life and states that everyone in a community (no matter how big or small) needs to work together towards freedom. It's a good book if you're a deep thinker. I read it for a college class and it really struck me. Check it out. It's kinda cool how you can make it pertain to your own life.

you're not the first person to think of buying a large parcel of land, building a repair shop, paint booth, and garage and stock it with unwanted vehicles.

Its called your five-star Dodge dealer.

:pokeowned:

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day!

I think it started when the country became so sensitive to everyone else's ideals and created their own agenda. I also think that the latest Republican poisoning did not help. I am not a political guy and George W. Shrub is the first political person I have out and out hated. I place Stalin ahead of Mr. Shrub. But thats just me.

There's a book by Maxine Greene called the Dialectic of Freedom. It's a great book that makes you question everything in your life and states that everyone in a community (no matter how big or small) needs to work together towards freedom. It's a good book if you're a deep thinker. I read it for a college class and it really struck me. Check it out. It's kinda cool how you can make it pertain to your own life.

Sounds interesting, but the thing is, I've had with "community".

I've always placed the greater good slightly below the individual. Unfortunately, we don't give much value to the individual these days.

I remember your description of that farm, Moltar. It also sounds like heaven to me.

I think it's safe to say that I need to re-locate. :AH-HA_wink:

I have thought about moving to Pittsburgh...only 90 minutes from the farm...living there would give me the big city life, techie jobs, and access to the countryside, since I will eventually inherit the farm...

You know, that's another thing. As a person, I've always tried my best to keep my word, especially promises I keep to those around me. If I promised to do something and have attempted to keep my promise but just couldn't for whatever reason, I say so...plain and simple. I've had people similarly promise x, y, and z to me and just kept up with the lie as time went on. Hey, guess what? If you can't do it, tell me. If you can't keep your word, fine...tell me before time passes so much that I depend on you doing so.

It seems like more and more this dishonestly and lack of committment is not necessarily out of maliciousness, but of fear. People seem to be afraid that they cannot do what they said they would, so they lie about it instead. It ends up hurting more people far worse than the truth.

You know, that's another thing. As a person, I've always tried my best to keep my word, especially promises I keep to those around me. If I promised to do something and have attempted to keep my promise but just couldn't for whatever reason, I say so...plain and simple. I've had people similarly promise x, y, and z to me and just kept up with the lie as time went on. Hey, guess what? If you can't do it, tell me. If you can't keep your word, fine...tell me before time passes so much that I depend on you doing so.

It seems like more and more this dishonestly and lack of committment is not necessarily out of maliciousness, but of fear. People seem to be afraid that they cannot do what they said they would, so they lie about it instead. It ends up hurting more people far worse than the truth.

Exactly!

This was the major contributing factor that caused me to start this thread tonight.

Trust and honesty is essential in any relationship... with work, any promises/etc I always get in writing..I don't trust people to carry through on verbal promises....

I think one of the thing I like better about contracting is that I don't have to deal with any of the assumptions or promises that I would have as a regular employee... I simply do the work, get paid by the hour, and my free time is mine...if management expects me to work overtime, I get paid for it.

And this is why I feel real bad about wrecking your Maserati. Might as well say it now. I did. Sorry. At least you have that Ridgeline I left, and since you've been drinking, it should look a lot better. :P

It would take quite a bit more than 4 beers to make a Ridgeline look good.

'sides, I sold the Maserati (and I don't want it back). :AH-HA_wink: