Feeling disenfranchised, frustrated,

Camino LS6

So what's the last piece of the puzzle? Who burned you and how?

Hah!

Who didn't?

SLP: When they promised letters of athentication for both Firehawks

The guy who bought the Maserati: When he promised to send my tag back via Fedex the next day

My Various employees over the years: Who promised to show-up on time when it counted

People who have taken on projects I've been involved in- only to disappear before the job is done.

The list grows longer every day.

We all deal with stuff like this so much we become indifferent about it, and it affects how we treat other people. I recently sold my business that I built from the ground up. It grew into a really profitable machine. During that time, I learned that people, on the whole, suck, and most of it has to do with honesty. I learned to keep secrets to myself that I deemed important. I learned to always be professional, and never ever say something that could get me sued. It's better to say nothing at all. Now that I have sold the business and am currently retired, I can only offer this bit of advice. Give someone enough rope, let them hang themselves, and be done with them. Its funny to me how the people who screw you over then whine to you about their problems. To them I say "If you got an issue, grab a tissue." or I ask them if I can call the waaaaaambulance for them. That usually shuts them up.

Keep the faith brother. There are some out there who are genuine. They are just harder to find.

We all deal with stuff like this so much we become indifferent about it, and it affects how we treat other people. I recently sold my business that I built from the ground up. It grew into a really profitable machine. During that time, I learned that people, on the whole, suck, and most of it has to do with honesty. I learned to keep secrets to myself that I deemed important. I learned to always be professional, and never ever say something that could get me sued. It's better to say nothing at all. Now that I have sold the business and am currently retired, I can only offer this bit of advice. Give someone enough rope, let them hang themselves, and be done with them. Its funny to me how the people who screw you over then whine to you about their problems. To them I say "If you got an issue, grab a tissue." or I ask them if I can call the waaaaaambulance for them. That usually shuts them up.

Keep the faith brother. There are some out there who are genuine. They are just harder to find.

Thanks K.C., I really thought I'd be where you are by now. It just didn't work out that way.

I require the genuine.

4 down and time to call it a night.

After all, I have to deal with all o these twits tomorrow! :AH-HA_wink:

Yes, that's it.... take out your anger on a FWD sedan! :metal:

I volunteer an Accord, Camry & MK-Z.

Thanks K.C., I really thought I'd be where you are by now. It just didn't work out that way.

I require the genuine.

4 down and time to call it a night.

After all, I have to deal with all o these twits tomorrow! :AH-HA_wink:

Camino, despite what I have mentioned, things aren't all roses and cherries around here. Life is rough, and for those of us who are self employed, the opportunity for the business to take off can happen at any time. Don't give up on yourself. We're here for support anytime you need it. :cheers:

You realize an unintended side effect of drinking, anger, and vehicle restoration may be waking up with a bad hangover and a front-wheel El Camino somehow.

No chance of any of that.

1) I'm Irish, Scottish, and German 4 beers does not a hangover make

2) I stayed out of the barn tonight

3) I wouldn't create a FWD anything no matter how much drinking I might do.

G'night folks!

That's a good idea, XP. However, you're not the first person to think of buying a large parcel of land, building a repair shop, paint booth, and garage and stock it with unwanted vehicles.

Its called your five-star Dodge dealer.

Oh come ON now did we really have to insult Chrysler in this thread too?!

Plus, it would be your local Isuzu and/or Mitsubishi dealer if anybody.

--

Here's another Camry Camino!

Posted Image

Edited by Dodgefan

--

Here's another Camry Camino!

Posted Image

:rotflmao: It was funny as heck when I read Fly's comment and even funnier because I knew you'd have something to say about, I almost fell out of my chair because of both of y'alls post.

Nope. Just Dodge and its fans.

Huh? Mitsubishi lot having a garage? Isuzu dealer having a lot? Using 'and/or' to imply there may be both dealers existing on seperate locations? You're just being silly now.

Yes, that's it.... take out your anger on a FWD sedan! :metal:

I volunteer an Accord, Camry & MK-Z.

Yes, the FWD gets a beating.

But, I can think of some much more worthy recipients ;).

And, uh, if you HAVE to ask what those are ... then you have no idea who I am. Kidding, of course, well, sorta.

Anyway....

Camino ... I know we don't have the same experiences, but I can tell you that a lot of what you have posted in this thread ... are things that I have either realized, been frustrated with, or have learned about all too well. Sometimes, I just wonder.....

And, if one more person suggests that because I have 5 Monte Carlos currently I should get a new (i.e. '06 or '07) one ... I don't know what I'll do, but I will NOT be responsible...................................

;)

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I see something that I don't like" ... Sheryl Crow ... 'Real Gone'

Hah, hah, and furthermore hah

Huh? Mitsubishi lot having a garage? Isuzu dealer having a lot? Using 'and/or' to imply there may be both dealers existing on seperate locations? You're just being silly now.

Well Mitsubishi needs some place to store all of those unwanted Raiders.

Thats a good idea Fly, but there are driverless people in Africa where all the Raiders can be sent. :P

I'll add my :twocents: for better or for worse.

1) There is nothing wrong with anger. The problem is when the anger invades every aspect of your life (Been there, done that -- got therapy, anger management & pills)

The key is just trying to maintain a positive outlook through all of the :bs: Find something that makes you happy and hold on to it. A loved one, music, cars, nature, etc. My problem always was (and still is) that I am so analytical and anal retentive about things that often these hobbies that I love turn into stress and hell and end up being something that I don't want to be a part of anymore (Witness: being a C&G mod) That's when you have to step back and say "Wait a minute, I'm having tunnel vision again. There is much more to this than what I've come to see."

2) Tequila works well, I chug Solo cups of straight tequila and I always feel better afterwards. :D:alcoholic:

3) It's too bad I'm not out of school yet and have financial backing because I'd offer you a deal. I plan on eventually opening up a resto shop and doing high quality restorations of cars right here in the country (READ: NO suburbs or yuppies allowed) I'd certainly need a few partners in this venture. 8)

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM