Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Northstar

2007 Jaguar XK8 Convertible pics

20 posts in this topic

I like it... And I don't think it looks like a Korean attempt at a Jaguar. :D

[post="27199"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, it looks like a Korean attempt at an Aston Martin. :P

Ehhh... The front still has too much underbite, and the car looks droopy in general. Fantastic interior though.

It is a handsome car, but it isn't totally inconceivable that it came out of the same design studio as this:

Posted Image

What? I'm not saying that Jaguar ripped off Buick, just that it's a funny coincidence that they have similar grille/headlight shapes. Although Jaguar and Buick have always reminded me of each other, stylistically.

I'm sorry, but the way that grille is done...
Posted Image

[post="32709"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, the grille is more like this...after all, it was a Jag styling cue 15 years before the Taurus was even a concept.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image Edited by mustang84

This is my favorite pic to explain where Jaguar was coming from with the design of the XK.

Posted Image

Unfortunately imho, Jaguar is too concerned with where they're coming from, instead of where they're going.

I love it, though I agree with 2b2 about Jag and heritage cues...their new cars look like old cars to me with the exception of this model and the one with the vertical grille.

The current Taurus killed any chance of that grille coming across as attractive. Sorry.

Mustang, I understand that, but the way it was done on classic Jags was the chrome bar holding the logo was part of a larger bumper structure and focus was drawn more to the bumper than the grille. The latest iteration is just a chrome strip wrapped by a grille, a la Taurus.

I like it... granted I see simular cues that the Taurus has but I think it's done better on the Jag.. BTW does that brunette driving come standard? :P Sorry I just had to say that...

Exterior isn't bad except that the headlights are nearly wrapping into the front wheelwells. This trend of SuperSized headlights (the toyota es330's are halfway to the A-pillar!) has got to stop. Sideviews are overly huge, too. I have been focusing primarily on that chin spoiler, because the design in general pulls from it's heritage so consistantly yet that detail never was there before. Looks nice but it does stand out a lot. Oh; that little tacked-on plastic tower the antenna retracts into is uber-cheap. And for the price range the interior looks awful.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0