New Fit Photos

siegen

Again, I don't understand the rationale of making it look so strange. No hood. Headlamps on the A-pillars. WTF?

It's a monospace and from the future...we can't understand it right now...but in time, it will be comprehended.

A production version of the Chevy Beat concept would be a good competitor for the Fit, I think.

Posted Image

Edited by moltar

Yes, you're just predisposed to a different type of styling.

Yes, he's trapped in 20th century thinking and can't evolve into the 21st. The future is cars like the Fit, Prius, Agyo, Smart, etc. It's inevitable. The Fit is go! :)

Edited by moltar

Yes, he's trapped in 20th century thinking and can't evolve into the 21st. The future is cars like the Fit, Prius, Agyo, Smart, etc. It's inevitable. The Fit is go! :)

I wasn't really implying time line, more of if you're used to large sedans, a car like this is going to be pretty odd.

The future sucks.

Give me a time machine - a Delorean with an actual hood - and take me forever back to a time when cars had style and proportioning, not oddly-shaped monoboxes.

Siegen's right; I can never get used to this look. And its not just the general slope of the hood, its also the IMO bad overall shape. The Civic has a short hood, but its rather attractive to me because it has decent proportions. This thing looks like a horrible van-like deformation of the current Fit. Don't even bring up the smart; that thing is an embarassment to be seen around.

Especially with this new Fit, in interior room, performance, technology, safety, features, and price, it's a compact (i.e. Cobalt), while in exterior length/maneuverability and fuel economy, it's a subcompact (i.e. Aveo). Really the best of both worlds.

Most vehicles in this class are really compacts, and most are as big or bigger than the Fit, inside and out (the older Aveo and the A-segment Yaris hatch being the main exceptions). Compared to the latest European and Korean entries, the new Fit is still on the small side.

Most vehicles in this class are really compacts, and most are as big or bigger than the Fit, inside and out (the older Aveo and the A-segment Yaris hatch being the main exceptions). Compared to the latest European and Korean entries, the new Fit is still on the small side.

By compact, I mean like "compact-quality" or "compact-grade," not external size.

I wasn't really implying time line, more of if you're used to large sedans, a car like this is going to be pretty odd.

I know..I was joking...and I wouldn't want one of these little cars unless gas prices went WAAAY up and/or my income went WAAAY down. In fact, I've long wanted a classic American land yacht, and my next car may likely be one of the last of the land yachts that are still in production...heck, they get better mileage than my current daily driver Jeep.

Edited by moltar

They sell cars in Canada?

lol j/k

Yeah, they just introduced them, people just can't adjust themselves to these new things called "cars", it will be a generation before people will leave their dog-sleds and canoes for these new-aged inventions. :o

Edited by Polish_Kris

Yeah, they just introduced them, people just can't adjust themselves to these new things called "cars", it will be a generation before people will leave their dog-sleds and canoes for these new-aged inventions. :o

ehhh....you damn kids and yer new-fangled automated trolleys.

• 2 months later...
It's a perception problem a lot of American's have.

Really?

What if the perception problem is with the Europeans & Japanese?

Who's to tell which is correct? I personally think that a car that

small has no place outside of downtown Tokyo or Paris...

esp. on the highway.

Yuk, honestly, I hate it. Not a fan of Japanese to begin with, but I think the previous one looked a lot better, more unique, had more personality, and cuter, though I don't like small cars.

The interior is ugly as well. To me, it lost chunks of its personality and it looks like a previouse generation Civic(don't know the name of the variation, but you know, the hatchback thing) which was NEVER one of my favorite. The rear kinda look like it was taken from the current generation Kia Rio5, which isn't good at all.

I hate it. I am pretty sure I'm the only one but.... I would rather take the smaller, Yaris over this which looks.... MORE UNIQUE.

Edited by Diehard GrandPrix Fan

Really?

What if the perception problem is with the Europeans & Japanese?

Who's to tell which is correct? I personally think that a car that

small has no place outside of downtown Tokyo or Paris...

esp. on the highway.

The problem is your perception that someone can't keep their self-respect and drive a small car.

People around here seem to love them. They are a great city car and actually not that bad for a road trip.

Methinks people are afraid if we build cool small cars that we will stop building fullsize or muscle cars.