Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Still think there is no such thing as Global Warming?

Drew Dowdell

KC,

Get rid of that Bear. As a Chicago fan I wasted energy watching the Bear game last night hoping that they would beat the Cowboys (my step-sons favorite team).

We could have saved an iceberg if all the bear fans would stop going to the games and watching them on TV, until they got a good quarterback and offensive line.

Bad sports teams waste energy!

KC,

Get rid of that Bear. As a Chicago fan I wasted energy watching the Bear game last night hoping that they would beat the Cowboys (my step-sons favorite team).

We could have saved an iceberg if all the bear fans would stop going to the games and watching them on TV, until they got a good quarterback and offensive line.

Bad sports teams waste energy!

I watched that game and cried! I hate the Dallas Cowboys! I never EVER root for them. Damn that Romo!

#2 should be more than minivans, far too many intrepids and the like are the same way.

#1.. i've seen maybe 2 acura legends that didn't need work done to clean them up.

...that usually implies poor matenence (sp?) or bad engines, but wouldn't that mean they should die sooner or later, then they wouldn't be on the road for long.

the litter thing is sad...but i bet just pure # of articles thrown out, not by mass, are cigarette butts, not that smoking should be out-lawed, but COME ON!

I have never seen an Intrepid burn oil...or even a Caravan.

Now Crown Vics and old Town cars...don't get me started!

Its kind of retarded asking someone wether or not they believe in global warming. Its like asking someone wether or not they believe in a Corvette. I mean its there why wouldnt they its just like Global Warming. The evidence is there theres no if to whether or not its happening. Ever since they started keeping almanacs of the weather (sometime back in the 1800's) the earth has became avergally warmer every year for the most part. So if the facts are there why wouldnt you believe it? Now asking who or whats causing it is valid and lately it is a good argument during spare time. I think its ignorant to say that humans have nothing to do with it because theres science there. Its been tested. Most of the stuff WE put into the air increases the temperature. Thats scientifically proven as a FACT. But that does not mean that part of it is because weve been coming out of an ice age for the last (who knows how many exactly) years.

Its kind of retarded asking someone wether or not they believe in global warming. Its like asking someone wether or not they believe in a Corvette. I mean its there why wouldnt they its just like Global Warming. The evidence is there theres no if to whether or not its happening. Ever since they started keeping almanacs of the weather (sometime back in the 1800's) the earth has became avergally warmer every year for the most part. So if the facts are there why wouldnt you believe it? Now asking who or whats causing it is valid and lately it is a good argument during spare time. I think its ignorant to say that humans have nothing to do with it because theres science there. Its been tested. Most of the stuff WE put into the air increases the temperature. Thats scientifically proven as a FACT. But that does not mean that part of it is because weve been coming out of an ice age for the last (who knows how many exactly) years.

See, this teenager is smarter than most of us!

How goes it Chargerino?

Interestingly enough, they have measured the "mean" tide level around Florida. In the last century, the surface level of the sea has risen by 8", IIRC.

They are predicting that, in this century, it should rise by anywhere between 8" and 16", depending on contributing factors.

Great post Charger. Is the earth warming because of its natural cycle, or is it something we are doing? Unfortunately, weather changes over time and it is very hard to determine exactly why it is warming. We don't know. Scientists will continue doing tests trying to figure out what is happening. Until then we have to deal with it.

Maybe there's no final answer to that question K.C., but I'd opt for the prudent route.

On a different note, I think I may have experienced Global Warming this evening while talking to a university colleague of mine... Beautiful blue eyes! :drool:

I am not saying that we should continue doing what we are doing. This sounds very hypocritical coming from a one driver household with two V-8 high powered vehicles, one being a large pickup truck, but I do my part to help with the environment. I do believe that there are things we can do to help. I do ride my bicycle certain places instead of drive, or walk. I do not use plastic bags at the grocery store. Instead, I carry canvas bags to put the groceries in. I spend the extra money to buy the biodegradable detergents and I have cut the portion sizes for everyone in the house not only for our own health, but so that others can have food. Every little bit helps.

Interestingly enough, they have measured the "mean" tide level around Florida. In the last century, the surface level of the sea has risen by 8", IIRC.

They are predicting that, in this century, it should rise by anywhere between 8" and 16", depending on contributing factors.

Well, I suppose that's one way to restore the Everglades.

Well, I suppose that's one way to restore the Everglades.

Yeah, it would also mean that it would be more likely that residents of Miami, FLL and Palm Beach County's western suburbs might be more likely to have alligators floating in their back yards...another undesirable side effect