How do you guys do it?

ocnblu

I don't usually drink coffee, but I had lunch at a local sandwich shop this afternoon, and they had a little sign board on the table for their flavored iced coffee, so I tried it. It was good, but I was a jittery mess for about 45 minutes after 1.5 glasses of it. I honestly felt high. How is this a good thing? :blink:

I can't imagine life without caffeine. I've pretty much cut out sodas, but I still drink coffee and tea. Software development requires a level of concentration and intensity that I can achieve only with caffeine.

During the week, I'm usually up by 5:30, fix a cup of coffee before I leave to prepare for the commute, then another cup or two at the office before 9. Around 2-3, I usually have another cup or a cup of tea to stay conscious through the afternoon. I try and avoid caffeine after 5 pm, or else it interferes w/ my sleep (even with my sleeping pills, I have trouble).

On the weekend, I sleep in until 7 and have one cup of coffee in the morning...without coffee, by around 10 am I have a nasty headache..

I don't do the coffee thing, but I do have to have a Dr. Pepper first thing in the morning. If I don't, then I get very moody and I eventually get a headache.

It has to be a 12oz. can too, because the plastic/glass bottles aren't crisp enough (Not enough carbonation) You know the addiction is bad when I can go to a restaurant and tell if the Dr. Pepper came out of a can, glass or plastic bottle, or fountain machine.

I figure, I don't really have any bad vices, I've done pretty good at cutting back on caffeine and sugar before, but I don't think I'll ever be able to live a completely Dr. Pepper free life.

i have three cups of coffee in the morning before I leave the house, but I have these HUGE ASS coffee cups, and 3 cups are the equivalent of a whole pot. As a rule, I don't drink any more coffee throughout the day, maybe the odd Tim Horton's coffee. I actually get a huge headache if I cut out caffeine cold turkey.

Do you guys have Tim Horton's in the US? It serves the best coffee, is reasonably priced, and is totally addictive.

Do you guys have Tim Horton's in the US? It serves the best coffee, is reasonably priced, and is totally addictive.

Yep, Timmies moved in to the states...

Tim's is GOD. I get the big US Networks from Detroit, Seattle, Boston, NY, Spokane, Rochester, and Atlanta, and the US Commercials for Tim Hortons makes it out to be a Canadian Mind Controlling Cult.

I believe there is one near Lewiston, Maine.

The first time I had Tim Horton's was in Montreal. Much better than Dunkins.

i have three cups of coffee in the morning before I leave the house, but I have these HUGE ASS coffee cups, and 3 cups are the equivalent of a whole pot. As a rule, I don't drink any more coffee throughout the day, maybe the odd Tim Horton's coffee. I actually get a huge headache if I cut out caffeine cold turkey.

Tim Horton's merged with Wendy's in 1995. So I guess you can yes, we have both here.

Yep, Timmies moved in to the states...

Tim's is GOD. I get the big US Networks from Detroit, Seattle, Boston, NY, Spokane, Rochester, and Atlanta, and the US Commercials for Tim Hortons makes it out to be a Canadian Mind Controlling Cult.

yep...they are here..none in Denver, though. They have one in Coshocton, Ohio, that I go to everytime I'm back in eastern Ohio visiting family. Love their coffee and donuts.

Other Canadian chains I like include The Keg steakhouses, Western Pizza, Earls, and Boston's Pizza. Got one of each of those here in the Denver metro, except for Western Pizza, which I get when I'm in Phoenix.

Having worked for and with Canadians for almost 5 years, I've become quite the fan of Canadian stuff...from Rush, to Ford Panther-platform models, to hockey.. :)

Edited by moltar

Tim Horton's is AWESOME...and not just the coffee, but the donuts and sometimes even the sandwiches. But then you know, I am probably the most pro-Canada U.S. person on this site, having gone to YVR at least 50 times from Seattle and to YUL 7 times.

If it's here, it's probably wedged up close to the border. Somehow, a Tim Horton's under perennially sunny skies just doesn't seem right. I love it on an overcast Canadian day.

As for your coffee drink, PB, that sounded gross. I despise iced coffee and wind up throwing my regular coffee away as soon as it gets cool. Mostly, I am a tea drinker. I drink tea:coffee 10:1.

As for tea, I learned to drink it as a kid, always Liptons (that's all my mom served). Years later, when I first went to the UK, I discovered the English way--cream in first, then the tea. I love tea done the English way, and occasionally will go for tea time at an English shop here....afternoon tea with finger sandwiches, scones and clotted cream... ah, a gray rainy day in London with tea is better than a year of sunny days in Denver, I think..

At my last company, I used to join my Indian colleagues for a cuppa every afternoon. I also like Vietnamese iced tea, Chai, and green tea.

I've tried stronger coffees...developed a taste for Italian espressos, but the thick Turkish style doesn't sit well w/ me.

Edited by moltar

Coffee is like energy drinks with me...they do little to nothing. Only once did I ever feel wired by drinking a combination a a couple energy drinks...but it was only "wired" enough to keep me awake...the second I stopped working I would have...and did fall asleep.

Moral of the story: I can have as many cups of coffee as I please :P

I have a cup or two a day.. A Timmies in the morning when I want to feel like a lemming in the drive thru line up.

I know some people who are very sensitive to caffeine and get really wired from one cup. I think an average cup has about 3x the amount of caffeine as a pop.

The cold "ice cap" type stuff must be loaded with sugar too so that could have something to do with it. I tried it once and it was way too sweet for me.

Double espresso in the morning and double espresso after lunch. fortunately our espressos do not taste like Starbucks' espressos (sorry, Laura...)

Yeah, on your side of the pond, they taste like gasoline! :lol:

That's why, when I'm there, it's always "um cha, por favor"! It's safer.