A tip for all prospective dads

ocnblu

I'm going to disagree on the soymilk...

Soymilk has a lot of estrogen in it--it's why they say women who are trying to have a baby shouldn't drink soymilk... it makes for a slightly heavier menstruation. My friend took a year to get pregnant--and she had several "late" periods along the way--within weeks of stopping soymilk, she was pregnant.

They also say not to give soymilk to young girls, as it causes them to get their periods at an earlier age.

How the hell would gay.com know anything about making babies? It takes one person from each sex to make one of them poop machines! I know from experience. I have two of those poop machines. :lol: I wouldn't trade them for anything. They are my world.

How the hell would gay.com know anything about making babies? It takes one person from each sex to make one of them poop machines! I know from experience. I have two of those poop machines. :lol: I wouldn't trade them for anything. They are my world.

That's right--cause the only people who could possibly know about how to make a baby are those who are heterosexual. I doubt there's ever been something as crazy as a gay gynecologist! :rolleyes:

That's right--cause the only people who could possibly know about how to make a baby are those who are heterosexual. I doubt there's ever been something as crazy as a gay gynecologist! :rolleyes:

My post was meant to be tongue in cheek. :rotflmao:

I'm going to disagree on the soymilk...

Soymilk has a lot of estrogen in it--it's why they say women who are trying to have a baby shouldn't drink soymilk... it makes for a slightly heavier menstruation. My friend took a year to get pregnant--and she had several "late" periods along the way--within weeks of stopping soymilk, she was pregnant.

They also say not to give soymilk to young girls, as it causes them to get their periods at an earlier age.

WOW, I'm getting turned on! :smilewide:

What the heck am I going to do with the rest of the half-gallon I bought today? I am scared I will grow man-boobs now.:unsure:

Now I'm starting to wonder if all the soymilk is the reason I had a sympathetic pregnancy with my friend Melinda? :AH-HA_wink:

I had NO idea what was wrong with me for MONTHS--until I finally caved and went to a dr. He then asked the magic question--is there anyone in your house who's pregnant? LOL

I thought regular milk had estrogen in it because farmers want their cows to produce more milk? I dont think soymilk has estrogen in it because it doesnt come from cows. Only Organic milk is the regular milk that does not have estrogen in it.

OMG! you guys are so funny! I think if you're trying for a successful pregnancy just try the method best known to work - alcohol and a back seat! LOLOL

Blu, why the sudden interest in this subject, are you trying to tell us something? :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by staceface

Ah! But which came first? Being gay, or being a gynecologist? :duck::smilewide:

And why would a gay gynecologist be talking about this on gay.com? Lesbians go to a clinic and mostly get their sperm from a tube, and gay guys adopt, so I think their target audience is on some other website. :AH-HA_wink:

I've heard you build up more ejaculate with various foods, all of which are probably not even proven. The list I've heard includes strawberries, cucumbers, spinach, avocado, salad dressing...it's to the point that you tune it out.

As for reproducing the human race, I've never been interested. My best friend in SD who got married immediately after college and had his marriage end after 18 years (up in Whittier, part of LA) said he is soooo thankful he didn't have kids. He is living in SD and doing as he pleases. Like he says "kids are a big money drain and a big time drain." I have ALWAYS felt the same way.

I've come close to getting married twice, and may yet get married at some future point..but I have no interest in children. The world is over populated the way it is... I'll stick with terriers, they are little and poop in the house, but easier to care for than kids...

I've heard you build up more ejaculate with various foods, all of which are probably not even proven. The list I've heard includes strawberries, cucumbers, spinach, avocado, salad dressing...it's to the point that you tune it out.

Also Bob, all of the food that was mentioned above improves the taste of the, uh, juice. If you eat alot of fruits and vegetables, then your, uh, juice, becomes sweeter. Eating too many enriched flour and high fructose corn syrup makes it bitter.

Also Bob, all of the food that was mentioned above improves the taste of the, uh, juice. If you eat alot of fruits and vegetables, then your, uh, juice, becomes sweeter. Eating too many enriched flour and high fructose corn syrup makes it bitter.

TMI

TMI

LOL

Onions are the biggest aphrodasiacs. Eat 1/4 onion a day and prolong your time to ejaculation. An Indian friend of mine told me that beatel nuts they chew are good to good to have in the mouth while having sex, again prolongs climax. But sometimes we need mouth for something else too.

As for reproducing the human race, I've never been interested. My best friend in SD who got married immediately after college and had his marriage end after 18 years (up in Whittier, part of LA) said he is soooo thankful he didn't have kids. He is living in SD and doing as he pleases. Like he says "kids are a big money drain and a big time drain." I have ALWAYS felt the same way.

My boss says that kids are $ 0.5 million money pit each till they graduate from undergraduate school.

I've come close to getting married twice, and may yet get married at some future point..but I have no interest in children. The world is over populated the way it is... I'll stick with terriers, they are little and poop in the house, but easier to care for than kids...

Amen Bro.

Onions are the biggest aphrodasiacs. Eat 1/4 onion a day and prolong your time to ejaculation. An Indian friend of mine told me that beatel nuts they chew are good to good to have in the mouth while having sex, again prolongs climax. But sometimes we need mouth for something else too.

My boss says that kids are $ 0.5 million money pit each till they graduate from undergraduate school.

Amen Bro.

Not to start an argument, but having both i can honestly say KIDS ARE LESS WORK THAN DOGS.

1. Kids get potty trained. You don't have to let them in and out, in and out 900 times a day.

2. With the right haircut, kids are unlikely to shed.

3. Kids are allowed on the furniture.

4. When taught properly, kids won't get the floor all wet while getting a drink.

5. Kids can play in the back yard, no fence required.

6. Speaking of back yards, do the words "slip and slide" mean anything?

7. Kids will eventually move out.

I could go on, but i think you get my gist.

Edited by staceface

Not to start an argument, but having both i can honestly say KIDS ARE LESS WORK THAN DOGS.

1. Kids get potty trained. You don't have to let them in and out, in and out 900 times a day.

2. With the right haircut, kids are unlikely to shed.

3. Kids are allowed on the furniture.

4. When taught properly, kids won't get the floor all wet while getting a drink.

5. Kids can play in the back yard, no fence required.

6. Speaking of back yards, do the words "slip and slide" mean anything?

7. Kids will eventually move out.

I could go on, but i think you get my gist.

Dogs die after 10-15 years. Kids don't.

Dogs don't require tons of new clothes.

Dogs don't require iPods, computers and televisions... just a new bone and some stuffed animals every now and then.

Dogs don't stay out late at night and forget to call, making you worry they're stuck in a ditch.

I could go on, but I think you get my gist. :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by Paolino

The best of both worlds is having both kids and dogs. I like them both. Kids are much more fulfilling than dogs. Dogs are simply our best friends. Kids are a piece of you running around hopefully trying to make the world a better place.

Cats are better than both.

They use their own toilet.

They let themselves in and out.

Toys = paper grocery bag, bits of string, or random fluff found under the dresser.

Protect the house from vermin

Self bathing.

Simply feed and water....and buy one of those automatic litter disposal things.

There are several stories my cousin tells about the time she did ER duty that revolve around people going to hospital with strange objects stuck down there 'where the Sun don't shine'...

I've seen some interesting stories posted elsewhere, may be urban legends, about guys going to the ER with such things as an arse load of dried concrete mix, lighbulbs, TV remotes, PVC pipe, etc..

I drink nothing but soymilk, and sustain myself food wise on veggies, fruit, and the occasional chicken/fish portion...but not sure if I've *noticed* anything different with the soy.

Very intrigued, though, and tempted to experiment...

Edited by caddycruiser

i know the thought of having kids for many brings thoughts of 'no way do i want one' and 'they are too much work and expensive and a pain in the ass'

all i can say is

hmmm, imagine / do you ever wonder if that's how your parents felt about having you? I think not.

some things are worth the work and effort in life. its not always about 'just you'.

as poster mentioned above, the part about having a part of you running around, can be fulfulling. a lot moreso than too many days and nights at the coffee shop.

sure, kids are expensive...but many people find it to be a good investment. your own parents probably did.

what is amazing about watching and helping someone develop from scratch is you no longer take for granted all the things you do in everyday life. Breathing (try sitting in a hospital room with your kid hooked up and the doctor saying she is not getting enough oxygen from breathing) or peeing or pooping (ask some parents whose autistic kid is 9 years old and still isn't potty trained yet) or just things like talking, reading, language, socializing.........relationships.....just helping a child learn how to become social and acclimatize their own personality into the rest of the harsh world.

i know its not for everyone but dumb stuff like playing kitchen tonight with the kid, drinking tea, cutting up pizza, its enough to make you smile and can outweigh the bad stuff like, i dropped the milk all over the kitchen floor.

Edited by regfootball

i know its not for everyone but dumb stuff like playing kitchen tonight with the kid, drinking tea, cutting up pizza, its enough to make you smile and can outweigh the bad stuff like, i dropped the milk all over the kitchen floor.

There is indeed a lot of gratification from raising kids. I don't have to have any to know that. I just talk to my friends who do have them. And some of these kids have turned out great.

However...

It's a vastly different experience when they grow up in a "nuclear family" as opposed to a divorced household. I think that the "nuclear family" may experience more joy around child rearing (though "nuclear households" have produced some really dysfunctional children). My parents do NOT get good marks....I have raised myself, unfortunately. However, when there is a 58% divorce rate out there (+/-), it's an experience I can do without. In that case, there is no way I want to write a check or transfer money for a kid that doesn't sit at my breakfast table on a more or less full-time basis.

Since this is a public and relatively anonymous forum, I have no problem voicing this opinion. However, in an office setting, I keep it to myself as it does not make me popular....and I already know I'm NOT very popular here. :lol:

I raised my kids in a very untraditional family and I think that all kids essentially raise themselves with some help from their parents instilling values in them by showing respect and other golden rules. Raising kids posed its problems for us, but we got through it. I'm not the most perfect parental unit on the planet, but I tried and did my best. I showed my kids and told them that I do my best being a dad. I think its important to be a dad when the situation arises and be a friend when the situation arises. My daughter is a teenager now and she needs a friend and a dad. My son just began his career and only comes to me when he needs a friend anymore. I'm ok with that. I think if your kids can come back to you for support then you've done something right. Raising two kids is definitely the hardest thing I've ever done in my whole life.

• 1 year later...

wow, you write a term paper on the subject in college? LOL. sounds like you know your research on the topic. hehe.

i know the thought of having kids for many brings thoughts of 'no way do i want one' and 'they are too much work and expensive and a pain in the ass'

all i can say is

hmmm, imagine / do you ever wonder if that's how your parents felt about having you? I think not.

some things are worth the work and effort in life. its not always about 'just you'.

as poster mentioned above, the part about having a part of you running around, can be fulfulling. a lot moreso than too many days and nights at the coffee shop.

sure, kids are expensive...but many people find it to be a good investment. your own parents probably did.

what is amazing about watching and helping someone develop from scratch is you no longer take for granted all the things you do in everyday life. Breathing (try sitting in a hospital room with your kid hooked up and the doctor saying she is not getting enough oxygen from breathing) or peeing or pooping (ask some parents whose autistic kid is 9 years old and still isn't potty trained yet) or just things like talking, reading, language, socializing.........relationships.....just helping a child learn how to become social and acclimatize their own personality into the rest of the harsh world.

holy crap. did i seriously make this post? what was i on?

shoot me for the depth. still love my kid though, but lemme tell ya, she drains me.

as for the more juice bit. me thinks i need to follow some of the suggestionons.