Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

A New Addition to my Collection! (Update with Pictures)

I still have the Lesabre T-Type and my parents still have their Expediton and Tahoe. So this car is my personal car #2. I am still sticking with GM and it is still a Buick. I don't have it just yet but I am taking delivery of it this Saturday. What is it? I am buying a 1988 Buick ______. It was a deal I couldn't turn down and I love the car even though it is front wheel drive still. It has higher mileage, 156k miles but is still running strong. It has one rust spot which is quite huge but an easy fix. The car's interior is mint except for the center console in which the leather needs to be reupholstered. The headliner on the sunroof panel needs to be done as well but those are easy fixes. The leather seats have no rips and the car has a new battery, catalytic conv., new timing chain, and much more. The ABS system was also fixed on this too. The only work needed for me to do is the one spot of rust, new tires, and a new muffler. Possibly the rear discs may need to be done as well. They are still good but just rusty so they need to be turned. The 16-way seats work as well and all electronics do. The only thing aftermarket is a 10 Disc SOny CD Changer in the trunk hidden. It is a very nice car and I am getting it for $2400 CAN. I will let you guys guess what it is in the meantime before I get the car. I will have pictures of both Buicks up on the weekend. Feel free to guess and I will tell you then if you guess right.

Edited by american_revolution_2005

There we go finally. Yes I bought an 88 Reatta with the CRT and everything working. I am paying $2400 CAN for it and I will be receiving it on Satuday. Pictures of the Reatta and Lesabre T should be up once I get the car. I am excited to get it and it is as loaded as you could get one.

Pics?

I just saw a baby-blue coupe the other day, it was mint & clean like a new Corvette.

Delivery was delayed a day so I actually receiving it in about an hour. Pictures will be up later when I get back from work. Thanks. This car isn't mint but it is a good start. A new CRT and ABS computer were put in about 2 days ago and the brake lines were all done yesterday at no additional cost to me. He put about $600 just to get it ready for me and all fluids have been changed except for the oil.

I finally took pictures today of the Reatta with my T-Type. Both still need work but I love them. THey are bith cosmetic repairs needed now. Here are the pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry about all the pictures but I couldn't pick just the best ones. The first picture is my T-Type in its first car show. I got there kind of early but I parked beside that nice Bel Air there. All of those papers across the dash are the documentation from GM, brochures, etc. Its not garbage like how some people just leave them on the dash. When it comes to my cars, I am a neat freak. Enjoy the pictures and I am enjoying the Reatta. It has been the best handling car I have ever been in in my whole life and that includes a few Vettes and Mustangs but this handles far better. The rear air suspension is even in good condition and it was just filled.

The LeSabre T-type was my favorite Buick second only to the GN's of that time. I wish that LeSabre would have continued on into the 90's with the supercharged 3800. That would have been a pretty stealthy car. That's a beautiful Reatta too. Another favorite Buick. They made some cool stuff back then.

Which one is getting a RWD conversion first? :smilewide:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I love my cars and treat them that way. You love a car more when you work for it, fix it up yourself and just don't get it handed to you. I love my Buicks and they are unique so I get looks in either one when I drive. I compared my Reatta today with a customer of mine. He has a 1990 Trofeo with everything in it. It is a beautiful car but he is planning on getting rid of it for an Enclave.

• 2 weeks later...