Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

I Done Good

So I was talking to a friend today and he said his dad was buying himself a brand new FJ Cruiser to replace his 1996 Grand Voyager. Apparently he paid cash for it already and is taking delivery on Thursday. So what did I do? I told his son about the Frame problems, and showed pictures, and directed him to this site and others and told him of some of Toyota's other follies that nobody gets to here about. Last I heard, his dad was on his way to the Toyota dealer to tell the salesman the deal was off. (:hissyfit:)

:pbjtime:

Chock one up for the good guys.

YAAAAY!!!

Every time I see one of these now, I crack up laughing. :AH-HA_wink:

the last 2 I've seen are women driving them and i've thought of telling them about it, but i'm not that forward usually, and they were at my place of work...

Thanks Guys... This brings the list of Toyota purchases I've prevented this year to 3....

1- FJ Cruiser

2- Camry

I'm seriously considering painting a Toyota logo on the right front fender of the Cavalier, WWII Fighter Style; for every sale I stop, and there will be more.

Well, why you have won that battle, I'm losing on my end... a co-worker purchased a Solara convertible last August (2006) - he was a devote GM owner; he looked at the G6 convertible, but there were none available on the lots at the time and he was ready to purchase ASAP. For some unknown reason, he loves the car and tells everyone about it. Another co-worker owns a 2003/2004 Sebring convertible and is ready to replace it. She needs 4-passenger capability and a useful trunk; the G6 is out. The Saab 9-3 convertible is out of her price range. The SKY and Solstice are too small, plus they're 2-seaters and have no trunk space per her needs. I even told her about the Mustang V6 convertible, which she likes, but thinks it's also has a small interior & trunk space. As she has not been imnpressed with her last two Sebrings, she won't consider any Chrysler product and is leary of GM and Ford products too. As our former co-worker (he retired in June) praises his Solara, she is interested in obtaining one sometime this Fall. What am I to do? She knows my dislike of Toyota, so I know she won't even tell me when she's out there buying. I can't consede this sale to Toyota... I just can't. Any advice???

Well, why you have won that battle, I'm losing on my end... a co-worker purchased a Solara convertible last August (2006) - he was a devote GM owner; he looked at the G6 convertible, but there were none available on the lots at the time and he was ready to purchase ASAP. For some unknown reason, he loves the car and tells everyone about it. Another co-worker owns a 2003/2004 Sebring convertible and is ready to replace it. She needs 4-passenger capability and a useful trunk; the G6 is out. The Saab 9-3 convertible is out of her price range. The SKY and Solstice are too small, plus they're 2-seaters and have no trunk space per her needs. I even told her about the Mustang V6 convertible, which she likes, but thinks it's also has a small interior & trunk space. As she has not been imnpressed with her last two Sebrings, she won't consider any Chrysler product and is leary of GM and Ford products too. As our former co-worker (he retired in June) praises his Solara, she is interested in obtaining one sometime this Fall. What am I to do? She knows my dislike of Toyota, so I know she won't even tell me when she's out there buying. I can't consede this sale to Toyota... I just can't. Any advice???

vw eos? anything besides toyota please

Another co-worker owns a 2003/2004 Sebring convertible and is ready to replace it.

I don't remember which car mag it was but I distinctly remember one of them ragging on the Solara convertible for having far more body flex than the last generation Sebring ragtop- so much so that they preferred the older Sebring over the new Solara, thinking that the rattle-trap Solara would only get worse over time.

I think the new Sebring isn't bad in convertible form and the G-6 is actually quite nice. I think most people over-rate "useable trunk space"; what are you hauling? I don't believe I've even opened my trunk in the past 6 months and I know that in 5 years of ownership I have never used the pass-through.

Used 9-3 cabrio? Beetle cabrio??

Tell her the Solara convertible is a chop job.

Ask them if they take their vehicles to the dealer for service, or do they take their car elsewhere. If they take their car elsewhere, be sure you tell them that Toyota does not correspond with owners through the mail about "service bulletins" and recalls, but only through the service department at dealers. Many people never know of recalls on their cars or service bulletins until its too late. That alone is a good reason not to buy Toyota.

I'm in the process of convincing a friend to buy a VUE over a RAV4. Value, looks, and refinement are winning. She already thinks Hyundais are junk (they are), so that makes it easier.

I can't speak for the current gen RAV, but one of my friends drives a 2004 RAV4 and it's of terrible interior quality compared to the MAXX or hell, even the Cavalier.

Well, My friend says he went down there and told 'em the deal was up... They told him to take it up with head office... He's writing a letter. In the mean time, they're gonna take delivery and garage it until someone takes it back... Even If they have to contact the local TV Networks to tell them what's going on.

Basically he went down there and said no go... The offered him a more well equipped TURD instead. The good news is that I lit a fire under this guy, and apparently did more of his own research on Toyota before he went down there... So buy the time he went down there, he was well acquainted with Sludge, Camshafts, Frame Flex, Bulging body parts, Airbag Sensors, Sudden Acceleration, and FLOOR MATS before he went down there.

When he told them why he didn't want a TURD, he was offered a similar 4Runner, again no dice... Last I heard, he was Down @ HUMMER testing an H3, @ Nissan testing a Titan, and @ Honda Testing a Ridgeline... I told him to go for the H3 or Titan.

I give this guy props, he went down there and tore a strip off the salesman and Toyota in general, criticizing them for everything from closed recalls to suppressing info on potential problems. He said he'd never buy a Toyota... EVER! :D

You need to send some of that kharma my way.

Now, my friend wants a Tuscon or RAV4. :puke: I'm pushing hard on a pre-owned VUE or Equinox and I'm even pulling the Suzuki card in that if you don't get something domestic, get something quasi-domestic kinda sort of in a way.

Where shall I send it to, your toaster perhaps? Keep Pushing... Maybe Toyota will screw up the customer service like they did with this guy... the dealer refused to honor his 30 Day Money Back Guarantee that was on the FJ's Brochure :stupid:.

There should be more than enough evidence to prevent her from buying a Toyota... Their Customer Service is CRAP etc...

In the mean time I'll chant NoToyota, NoToyota, NoToyota (it's a good mantra).

Boo Yeah! :metal:

Now, my friend wants a Tuscon or RAV4. :puke: I'm pushing hard on a pre-owned VUE or Equinox and I'm even pulling the Suzuki card in that if you don't get something domestic, get something quasi-domestic kinda sort of in a way.

Tucson is crap, but the RAV4 is probably the best or second-best small SUV out there. It's not as refined or posh as the VUE, but it's more spacious, much quicker, and much more fuel efficient.