Updated Pontiac G8 page

Lamar

Pontiac G8

Still doesn't list pricing, but it shows some of the option packages and colors.

I didn't know this before, didn't know if anyone else had said it, but it appears the base model gets the regular red taillights, while the GT gets the clear ones that so many of us either love or hate.

I'm waiting on the pricing already... Road & Track's 2008 preview said that the car would start at around $35k, which contradicts everything I've heard.

That was fun. I built my G8 GT, but I don't know how much it will be. I really like he black/red interior. There are very limited color choices, that disappointed me. It is a very handsome car. I got a garage slot for one ready adn waiting. :smilewide:

Hmmm..very limited color choices, inside and out. And no manual transmission. Dissapointing.

The page is still very limited, as we all know that the car is going to have more colors than that... who releases a car with just six colors?

The manual transmission will be available after launch, from what I understand. Bully for those of you who want the manual really really bad, but for those of us who can't drive a manual :huh: it's not a big deal.

Looks like they're giving us a little bit at a time... in this case, a VERY little bit.

Meh... It's still kinda lame..

And let's pray to god that they offer better wheels than that. (I know that sounds silly, but on a relatively bland design like this; wheels can make all the difference in the world--- Just note the show car)

I just had a thought...

If they come out with a GXP version, I'd put money on it having the show car wheels.

Ok, now they've moved it so that you have to go to the main Pontiac page and click on the G8 link there. It opens a popup window... JavaScript, I think.

That's fine, I guess... but like Fly said, it makes the link in the ad useless.

:idhitit: It's not perfect, but I love it. The fact that they used the groove metal band Seemless is awesome :metal: IMO Pontiac should have the kind of attitude that appeals to people who love raw power in a package that looks like it would eat your wife and kids.

Brand X or The Black Machine...just a thought :AH-HA_wink:

I can only imagine pulling up at a stoplight with a cammed out G8. Mmm just imagine the looks of WTF!! is in that thing. I am also wondering, confused about the Stealth Blue. I know they have Morpheous color for the Holdens which is the purple and Impluse which is the blue. I hope they offer the impulse color or something like it instead of the purple color they show. I agree the wheels suck but its only a small detail, Ido though hope we get more options than whats shown.

It's a shame, but all of these "build your own" sites, no matter the manufacturer, give horrible representations of metallic colors. Is "Stealth Blue" the same as "Blue Flash" that is a GMNA color for '08? Is "White Hot" a nice, clean non-pearl white, or is it a crappy pearl? There should be a few more colors available, for example, I'd like to see a nice dark blue and dark green... and a non-metallic black.

I wish prices were up. I want to see how much a 3.6L with premium and comfort&sound packages and a sunroof costs.

FOG, I think you mean 3-stage. Blue Flash has a purple pearl effect, similar to the old Mystic Teal. The recent Blue-Gold Crystal has a gold pearl effect. They're cool, but a bit trendy. Who's to say how this would affect resale, if at all?

The show car wheels are supposed to an a dealer aftermarket option from what I've understood from readings elsewhere.

And if they dont , u can still buy them . The G8 show car had 20's , but the HSV version of this wheel is a more realistic 19 "

Posted Image

frogger- G8 GT has leather wheel standard .

What is up with Stealth Blue? It looks like purple, but in an odd way. I'm confizzled!

In pics of the Commodore , the Stealth Blue looks almost just like Impulse Blue from the GTO . For the people that brought up Blue Flash , this color is nowhere near that disgusting color .

Here are a few pics of the new Blue , and for contrast ....there one in Morpheous next to it . Pontiac Stealh Blue is called K-pow for the Holden Ute .

Posted Image

Morpheous left side , stealth right side

Posted Image

Posted Image