Choppin' Competition #45 - Saturn ASTRA

Welcome to Choppin' Competition #45!

Posted Image

As what has been regarded by many as GM's finest compact in forever makes its way to our shore in the coming months, excitement is all but waning. And with a car so well-designed and seemingly well-engineered, what could be possibly be improved? How about a proper coupe? Sedan? The TwinTop? RedLine? Something completely original? That's up to you.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to Modify the Saturn ASTRA in any way you see it. A mild change, a wild change, or anything in between is find. A super-efficient Green Line or hot RedLine are some ideas. Remember that foreign market Astras have a wide variety of bodystyles to choose from, so use a TwinTop or sedan as you base if you'd like, or come up with your own original ragtop or four-door. Please use only use the ASTRA (any Astra is fine) for your base image!

Some Picture Sources...
-Saturn Astra @ Saturn*
-http://gm.wieck.com/forms/gm/*query?astra&Source=all
^^High-Res GM Media imagery (Copy/paste URL into browser to access)^^

Size guidelines remain at 800x600, so please size your entry accordingly. Please do not submit your images as Bitmap (.bmp) files.

The winner will recieve a GM-related prize from C&G!

Deadline is Thursday, October 18th @ 11:59PM your local time.

Good luck and have fun! :CG_all:

*Instructions for accessing high-resolution images through AutoDeadline:
Replace the bold, orange section of the URL...
(http://gm.wieck.com/forms/gm/*query?silverado&Source=all)
...with the make/model/etc you're searching for. Replacing 'silverado' with 'lesabre' will bring up downloadable hi-res images of the Buick LeSabre.

Copy into your browser. Hit enter.

Posted Image

Incredible entry. Flawless perfection, beautiful! You, Bulld0g, have set the bar for the future entries. Now everyone is going to have to step it up.

BTW, welcome to Cheers and Gears! I noticed that you only had 6 posts, so....welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

I choose to keep it simple . Nothing more than a US Astra Redline . I used the GTC concept wheels , black chrome accents and tried to mimmick the new Kappa twins brazen orange color .

Posted Image

post-3327-1192682206_thumb.jpg

Edited by silverss/sc

I choose to keep it simple . Nothing more than a US Astra Redline . I used the GTC concept wheels , black chrome accents and tried to mimmick the new Kappa twins brazen orange color .

Posted Image

I love it! Great job!

allright then let's make it Real Interesting !!! ...Red Line X-2 :

Posted Image

There's the 800 version forget the attachments as they are the worng pixs without the shadow fixed. !!!!

MRDETROITMETAL, you're chopping a chop. This is from GMInsideNews' Revitalization In Action team, and you're just chopping their impression of the next-generation Saturn Astra, see attachment below.

post-2218-1193096981_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey NOS, don't let stiff competition keep you from tryin man. Usually the best anyone does is where the competition is fierce.

Ahh, that was never the problem. If you ever watched past chop competitions, I was usually one of the first submissions in.. Reason being that I can't get something in my head looking at a base picture if I've already seen 5-10 other concepts.. Everything "original to me" is basically ideas I got from other contestants and I won't let myself do that.

Therefore, I've decided to make a chop now without looking at any other chops in this contest since the last time I posted in this thread....