Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Review of Buick Enclave from Driving Television of Canada

7 posts in this topic

Another stellar review. Nitpicked on plastics, but Lambda wide, nothing was objectionable to my picky tastes, in testing. AND, at least they remarked on how good the performance actually is, in reality.

And in regard to people actually wanting to spend more for the Buick vs. the GMC/Saturn--YES, they will. The real differences are really there, and the Buick just still comes off as a bargain for the feel, look, and performance...even more so than the other two, which seem cheaper.

The thing that ticked me, though, was the "rebadging" comments. If the Lambdas are rebadges, because the platform and drivetrain is the same...I can't imagine what they think of things like a GMC truck vs. a Chevy truck, etc., especially years ago when it WAS just stickers. It's just nitpicking at its finest, which seems to be common with the Enclave...just searching for SOMETHING, however trivial, to say is negative.

Now, if the queen mother could only buy hers (in the same color as the one reviewed, too) before the next century <_<

The thing that ticked me, though, was the "rebadging" comments. If the Lambdas are rebadges, because the platform and drivetrain is the same...I can't imagine what they think of things like a GMC truck vs. a Chevy truck, etc., especially years ago when it WAS just stickers. It's just nitpicking at its finest, which seems to be common with the Enclave...just searching for SOMETHING, however trivial, to say is negative.

Yeah, I heard someone a couple days ago at work say that the Buick was a 'rebadge' because the powertrain and platform were similar to the Saturn and GMC, and that Japanese companies don't rebadge. I promptly quipped back, asking what they thought of the Toyota Land Cruiser/Lexus LX570.

Fun.

Yeah, I heard someone a couple days ago at work say that the Buick was a 'rebadge' because the powertrain and platform were similar to the Saturn and GMC, and that Japanese companies don't rebadge. I promptly quipped back, asking what they thought of the Toyota Land Cruiser/Lexus LX570.

Fun.

Exactly. In all honesty, though, this review like so many others...it is SO obvious that you have to grasp at straws to find something to criticize. It's the same as other reviews that comment on things like a certain shift not being perfect, a certain angle polished into the dash clock not being geometrically pleasing, etc.

Same as at the end of this review, where he just has to throw that in there. Earlier, it's describing all the changes. At the end, it's, "Well...you know...that rebadging by using the same platform and engine."

Funny, and a good showing of one of the best GM products EVER.

My wife really wants an Enclave next summer when the Envoy lease expires. She misses driving her '03 Rendezvous (not me! :P ) and says that if we can afford it, that's what she wants next. We'll see...

Great, another good review. I am getting sick of the back-handed compliments though from these "experts."

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0