Followers 0
Intrepidation

What the G6 coupe could be...

23 posts in this topic

Before

Posted Image

After

Posted Image

I didn't add anything that didn't already exist except the logo and the text.

What I did:

• Moved the front wheels forward to get rid of that nasty overhang, hence giving it RWD proportions
  • Shortened the wheelbase and overall length behind the B-pillar
  • Made both the front end rear ends a bit more upright
  • Shortened the headlights
  • Changed the rear part of the greenhouse to compensate for the shorter length
  • Added a character line/crease along the lower sides to eliminated the slab-sided look
  • Enlarged the wheels
If it looked like this I personally would buy one in a heartbeat. Edited by Dodgefan

Yay for better proportions! :thumbsup:

Yay for better proportions! :thumbsup:

It makes all the difference. :AH-HA_wink:

Great work! Looks worlds better than the current car!

uhm. I kinda like the original better. :ph34r:

but no knock on your chopping skills..... I think the only thing I'd change from the original would be move the front wheels forward a bit. I like the longer nose.

It's mixed in my eyes. The overall look is improved except for the greenhouse which looks forced. Otherwise, it looks compact sized now, rather than midsized.

Edited by blackviper8891

It's mixed in my eyes. The overall look is improved except for the greenhouse which looks forced. Otherwise, it looks compact sized now, rather than midsized.

^^^

What he said. It's a G5 now.

Picky :P I do noticed the force greenhouse though...it was bugging me the whole time I was doing it in class...you know...instead of listening to the lecture :P

Maybe I'll try putting the wheelbase back closer to what it was...

Muuuuuch better!

The things I do for you people :P

Original

Posted Image

Long wheelbase 1

Posted Image

Long wheelbase2

Posted Image

Short wheelbase (still my favorite...it looks better now though)

Posted Image

Edited by Dodgefan

LOL...one more...

Posted Image

Greenhouse more like the original chop but more cleaned up...looks less forced now I think...this is my favorite.

Nice job!! RWD proportions FTW.

Acura RSX clone

Well if that's the case than the designers at Pontiac must have been thinking

"hmm...we need a coupe for the G6 but have no original ideas...what do we do?"

"Oh, let's take an Acura RSX, stretch the living crap out of it, give it huge overhangs, add a Pontiac grill, and beat it with an ugly stick for an hour or so and see what we get"

"BRILLIANT!"

:P

Edited by Dodgefan

did you managed to get rid of the ugly grille?

Oh side profile.. nm

:AH-HA_wink:

did you managed to get rid of the ugly grille?

Oh side profile.. nm

:AH-HA_wink:

Damnit Jim! I'm a doctor not a miracle worker! :P

1. Why did you put the Altima roofline onto the G6? It's a bit too high and makes the car look stubby.

2. I actually like the longer nose better. After shortening it looks like an Aveo.

1. Why did you put the Altima roofline onto the G6? It's a bit too high and makes the car look stubby.

2. I actually like the longer nose better. After shortening it looks like an Aveo.

Roofline is the result of cutting the mid section out of the car and moving it the rear part of the roofline to meet the front part. :scratchchin:

Edit: the longer wheelbase chops have an identical roofline to the original..as for teh short one...i just took a look at the Altima coupe and now I fail to see the resemblance.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Define longer nose please? You're the second person to mention that. Do you mean the overhang of the nose? Because besides moving wheels forward and trimming the headlights a bit, the actual nose of is the same length as the original. :huh:

Edited by Dodgefan

Define longer nose please? You're the second person to mention that. Do you mean the overhang of the nose? Because besides moving wheels forward and trimming the headlights a bit, the actual nose of is the same length as the original. :huh:

Just like most people these days do not understand he concept of a pillarless hardtop

most of todays FWD car owners never notice how silly and disproportionate their car's

nose looks, when you move the wheeels forward and fix it they think you've trimmed

down the length of the car... :rolleyes: It's like one of those optical illusions.

I'd just like to toss in that - after seeing several - the Altima coupe should be no one's source for imitation.

I'd just like to toss in that - after seeing several - the Altima coupe should be no one's source for imitation.

:lol: Trust me, it wasn't mine...no other car was. Like I said, I just saw that photo in the B-pillar forum, thought the G6 looks nasty but had potential if things were played with, brought the image into PhotoShop and played with it during class instead of listening to the boring lecture.

Oh yeah, I did tweak the lower fascia slightly to make it stick out ever so slightly less (it's a bit more upright)...but the length change is minimal at most. all of the shortening is aft of the B-pillar.

Edited by Dodgefan

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room