08 Chargers

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some real life pics that I took at the Woodward Dream Cruise. I love this color. It's one of my favorite colors that Chrysler puts out. I had and Eagle Talon TSi that was almost this color.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I believe the Surf Blue pictures here is also available on the Caliber and the Compass/Patriot.

I'd still buy an SRT-8 Charger over ANY GM sedan at this point.

I just don't see anything comparable in the GM lineup. For those who see any comparison at all, go and DRIVE a Charger SRT8. The "bang for the buck" factor in a family sedan is very hard to understand until you drive one.

I'm not really crazy about a few of the colors, the high impact style colors I don't mind. The interior is supposed to be a step up in a few ways, but until I see one in person I won't judge them. I liked the present Charger interior. Functional, clean and comfortable. In the pictures I think I actually like the 2007 interior more than the 2008.

GM should have been to market with Zeta across all their remaining brands except Saturn for the 2007 model year. They are still dragging their feet while Chrysler hit a sweet spot. You guys are right... there is nothing comparable to a Charger available anywhere, even with the G8 coming out. The G8 is timid compared to this car, with or without the Super Bee package, six cylinder or eight.

I think they still need to offer a 2 door version of this car. Would improve its looks 100 fold and there is still a market out there, albeit a small one, for a nice 2 door coupe, like the Monte that just died.

Not going to happen. That's what the Challenger is for, and it's retro because of the bitching that the Charger isn't.

I like the Steel Blue metallic..all these colors will look good on the Challenger...speaking of which, I haven't heard anything lately about it..is it still coming for MY '09?

The production model is being introed at the Chicago Auto Show in February, and will go on sale one year after the production model is introed. So February 2009 for the on sale date, last I heard. I hope the production model is shown in a color other than orange. I'm wanting to see it in black, red, or this blue would be nice too.

I would too, until February of 2008, but I really want that G8. I like its proportions better and the interior is not as drab as the Chargers. I'll never undestand how Chrysler can make gray look so depression and cheap.

GM should have been to market with Zeta across all their remaining brands except Saturn for the 2007 model year. They are still dragging their feet while Chrysler hit a sweet spot. You guys are right... there is nothing comparable to a Charger available anywhere, even with the G8 coming out. The G8 is timid compared to this car, with or without the Super Bee package, six cylinder or eight.

Please do explain what makes the G8 timid compared to the Charger? I am guessing after driving a G8 you wouldn't think it was any too timid.

Not going to happen. That's what the Challenger is for, and it's retro because of the bitching that the Charger isn't.

People bitched that they slapped the Charger name on a four-door, not that it wasn't retro.

yep, and some adults that sit in the back seat of the charger are going to hit their head on back window twice as much than in the g8. in your face pontiac and your accomidating green house.

other than that comment i just made i think the srt-8s were the best thing to happen to the chargers. theres nothing to compare to it except for the defunked gto but it was meant for competing with other stuff than the chargers... wish you could get an srt-8 in the surf blue... could pick one up on the cheap used in a few years.

If I was not a hard-core GM guy I;d say it's a dead draw between the G8 & Charger.

I hate the name "G8 GT", which is why I call it a "Catalina" or "Grand Prix SJ" to be

funny... except for the alphanumeric name & somewhat more "status quo" styling

I love the G8 about as much as I can love a pillared sedan.

BTW: I was one of the ones who hated the Charger's styling at first but it has won

me over and now, when I see a black SRT-8 I just stare & drool.

I would take the CTS over the Charger SRT-8, even with less horsepower. I would take the G8 GT over both the Charger and CTS. The base chargers don't even look that special anymore. I see them everywhere, in rental car silver or white. Though they do look good in SRT-8 trim, in black or orange.

Please do explain what makes the G8 timid compared to the Charger? I am guessing after driving a G8 you wouldn't think it was any too timid.

People bitched that they slapped the Charger name on a four-door, not that it wasn't retro.

I think it has more to do with where it was designed. It is Pontiac's best design currently, IMO better than the Solstice. But to some people, it is disqualified because it is designed by Australians instead of Americans.

All I have to say to those people, is keep your G6s, G5s, Grand Prixs, Torrents, and Vibes and all the other horrible American designs to come from Pontiac in the past few years. I'll take a black G8 GT.

Edited by CaddyXLR-V

G8 = flat. Flat, tacked-on Pontiac face. Flat beltline. Flat deck. Flat sides. In other words... flatlined.

Charger = authoritative. In-your-face Dodge face. Interesting beltline. Tunneled back glass. Contoured deck. In other words, it's alive.

G8 = flat. Flat, tacked-on Pontiac face. Flat beltline. Flat deck. Flat sides. In other words... flatlined.

Charger = authoritative. In-your-face Dodge face. Interesting beltline. Tunneled back glass. Contoured deck. In other words, it's alive.

Hey I found a car that meets that description.

Click

Wait, here's another

Edited by CaddyXLR-V

These updates to the interior narrow the gap (I like the G8's far more than the pre `08 Charger's interior)

I like both for different reasons...

The G8's design to me says powerful, muscular, and athletic in a subtle, elegant way...it's a timeless design.

The Charger is brash and unapologetic. It tells the world it's powerful, it's not just another FWD sedan, and it's proud of it. That's the appeal of it...you'll never mistake it, not even for another LX variant.

I love them both for different reasons.

Many people will be more split though, and like one over the other because they appeal to different people.

Those were nice cars, but those and the midsize G-body Bonnevilles did nothing for the badge. Yeesh.

Yeah, to me, it seems by and large the by the early '80s, the CPOB divisions had become largely interchangable, with only trim differences (grille, taillights, dash) to separate the equivalent models on a given platform across the brands (think Caprice/Bonneville/88/LeSabre, Monte Carlo/Grand Prix/Cutlass Supreme/Regal, Citation/Phoenix/Omega/Skylark, Celebrity/6000/Ciera/Century, Cavalier/2000/Firenza/Skyhawk, etc, etc)...

It seemed the choice was in which grille/etc you liked, whose marketing reached you better, and which dealer you preferred... not really any substantive differentiation between brands (beyond the unique items like the Corvette, Riviera, etc).

Today the CPSB brands are much more differentiated from each other..

The original CTS is also pretty flat. I prefer to call it stealthy, and I apply the same term to the G8.

Of course: with the end of Divisional Engineering & proprietory powertrains, what was left? Never should've happened.

BTW- I would not argue the X-Body or A-Body, but the G- and B-Bodies were still far more than just different grilles.

True about the G- and B- bodies..they did have different sheetmetal below the greenhouse, but the differences were quite subtle after the '80/81 restyles... to the average consumer they no doubt all looked much the same with each other...

charger honestly has the same aura that the cladded pontiacs got their stigma off of. an unsophisticated rednecky sort of thing.

you could show up at a nice ritzy function in a new G8 and folks would turn heads and approve. show up in a charger and they would say 'i suppose he was out on the backroads doing burnouts before he got here'.

i dunno. charger's ok, but the G8 is a whole other level of visual refinement and class that can hold its own with the jet set. even the bonneville gxp comes off way classier than the charger.

Edited by regfootball

charger honestly has the same aura that the cladded pontiacs got their stigma off of. an unsophisticated rednecky sort of thing.

you could show up at a nice ritzy function in a new G8 and folks would turn heads and approve. show up in a charger and they would say 'i suppose he was out on the backroads doing burnouts before he got here'.

i dunno. charger's ok, but the G8 is a whole other level of visual refinement and class that can hold its own with the jet set.

I know what you mean about the Charger...it's fast and flashy and unrefined looking...it kind of has a tackiness that I would associate w/ cars like Dale Earnhardt edition Monte Carlo SSes, which is kind of a redneck icon.

The G8 has a level of refinement and subtlety (in dark gray, w/o the wing) that is more towards the CTS end of the spectrum than the Charger is...

i dunno. charger's ok, but the G8 is a whole other level of visual refinement and class that can hold its own with the jet set. even the bonneville gxp comes off way classier than the charger.

Typical excuse to bash the Charger instead of seeing it as appealing to a different crowd. Just because it's styling stands out does not mean it appeals solely to "rednecks" nor is it in any way like the craptastic cladded FWD Pontiacs...like Azteks.

Edited by Dodgefan

Exactly!

That's why I loved the WS6 Trans Am as well. That's why I like classics such as the B-59s, my '73 Camaro and the '67 GTO... They all have CHARACTER, unlike *most* of todays cars (Especially in the mid size niche where EVERYONE, even Saturn & Opel now, seems to be copying the horrible 2 & 1/2 box 'bob tail' jap design)

I want a car that says "I will eat your soul..." in a growling voice as opposed to "Hi there, I want to be a BMW and I'm not ashamed of it... Cheers" of the G8.

I know what you mean about the Charger...it's fast and flashy and unrefined looking...it kind of has a tackiness that I would associate w/ cars like Dale Earnhardt edition Monte Carlo SSes, which is kind of a redneck icon.

Earnhardt was not a redneck, he was a very talented and successful business man that did things HIS OWN way and worked hard for everything he had (unlike the spolied brats of today who our culture holds up as icons)

I sure wouldn't hesitate to drive my Charger SRT-8 up to a country club. I would buy the car because it is a part of my identity as a no-nonsense, sinister, even a little dark extreme car guy. If the boys at the club don't like that, then f*ck'em anyway. Unlike MOST I don't need to conform into a group of friends to feel like my existence is validated. Just like I don't need to buy a Camry or BMW to make my purchase validated.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

I think the Charger looks ok, but it got very stale, very fast. Now I think it only looks good in SRT-8 trim, or if it has big chrome wheels on it, and only if it is in a good color, like black. Silver/white Chargers look like plain rentals. They all still look stubby. The G8 has a more refined, more luxurious look.