Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
6t5frlane

08 Mustang safety

6 posts in this topic

The 08 Mustang Convertible got a 5 Star safety rating. I guess thats pretty amazing since I beleive rollovers are part of the equation here....

OMFG WTF!)!!!!!~!@!!!!!!!

tHAT CAN not be since the Rustang has ZERO b-pillers...

it must be a trick or somehow it cheated in the test!!!!

ZERO B-pillars = DEATHTRAP!!!!!!@!! :rolleyes:

P.S. Still not too late to un-pussy out GM. <_<

hey, i wonder if panther will show up on this thread.

i think he has it set up to text his cell phone when someone posts a reply with 'hardtop coupe' or 'pillarless' in a post....LOL :)

Edited by regfootball

hey, i wonder if panther will show up on this thread.

i think he has it set up to text his cell phone when someone posts a reply with 'hardtop coupe' or 'pillarless' in a post....LOL :)

well... i think convertables extra weight is lower... like lutz said the floor/frame would need to be strengthened on the camaro... so thus implies much of the extra weight is at a lower center of gravity then an actual metal roof...as it was... my old f-body... is probably about as hard to flip as our humvees at work... although i've seen a flipped humvee and not a flipped f-body...all f-bodys i know just do 360s when they lose control, which that isnt very often either...its pretty hard to flip vehicles like these... expecially the likes of the 4th gen land missle

so i honnestly dont know what the problem with a weak roof...

if a big rig will fall on you, the roof isnt gonna help, if your vehicle is gonna flip (not likely) likely its gonna flip more then once... hell the 4th gen was an almost all glass roof... you cant tell me that its gonna hold up anything... with its massive windows and t-tops

The 08 Mustang Convertible got a 5 Star safety rating. I guess thats pretty amazing since I beleive rollovers are part of the equation here....

You would have to do something pretty stupid to roll a Mustang, though..it's a low car with a low center of gravity..

It's positive news for Ford, when they desperately need positive news. I'm not sure having the safest convertible is exactly a hot selling point for people who are shopping for a convertible, but it sure can't hurt sales either. From what I've read, the safest car in America advertising hasn't exactly set the 2008 Taurus's sales on fire. I still have to give Ford a thumbs up for at least being able to say that the convertible is safe. That's more than Chrysler can do with the Sebring; you can't feel very safe when you are surrounded by faulty door latches and fire inducing fan motors.

Edited by cire

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room