NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

New GM CUV planning to take on the Honda Ridgeline

57 posts in this topic

Posted Oct 5th 2007 4:30PM by Damon Lavrinc

Inside Line has got the, ummm, inside line on Chevrolet's future CUV offerings, and the big news is that GM's suppliers are saying a "crossover pickup" is in the cards. A four-door crew cab version in the same vein as the Honda Ridgeline is planned with both a sizable bed and an all-wheel-drive option.

In addition, the Equinox will be redesigned for 2010, receiving a bit more length to accommodate seven passengers atop the Theta-Epsilon platform, while the eight-passenger Chevy Traverse based on the Lambda platform will fill the hole left by the exiting Uplander.

A smaller CUV built off the Gamma platform still hasn't been approved, but if all goes according to plan, it'll be built in Lordstown, Ohio or Mexico and should go on sale sometime in 2012.

[source: Inside Line]

Posted Oct 5th 2007 4:30PM by Damon Lavrinc

Inside Line has got the, ummm, inside line on Chevrolet's future CUV offerings, and the big news is that GM's suppliers are saying a "crossover pickup" is in the cards. A four-door crew cab version in the same vein as the Honda Ridgeline is planned with both a sizable bed and an all-wheel-drive option.

In addition, the Equinox will be redesigned for 2010, receiving a bit more length to accommodate seven passengers atop the Theta-Epsilon platform, while the eight-passenger Chevy Traverse based on the Lambda platform will fill the hole left by the exiting Uplander.

A smaller CUV built off the Gamma platform still hasn't been approved, but if all goes according to plan, it'll be built in Lordstown, Ohio or Mexico and should go on sale sometime in 2012.

[source: Inside Line]

lambda? go after them with their own design?

but the funny thing, the ridgeline was designed to compete with the avalanche... let alone designed by the guy who designed the avalanche... the industry is a bitch isnt it?

A ridgeline COPY?!?!----Spend that $$$ on something BETTER GM!!!----Like a KAPPA based 2+2 FIREBIRD!!

lambda? go after them with their own design?

but the funny thing, the ridgeline was designed to compete with the avalanche... let alone designed by the guy who designed the avalanche... the industry is a bitch isnt it?

And the fact that GM had a chance at it before Honda...

i think they are just talking about a 4 door elcamino type vehicle...

holden already has the crewman, which is essentially a 4 door ute... could they be talking about that?

As a matter of fact 250k Traverses does seem a bit high doesn't it?

As a matter of fact 250k Traverses does seem a bit high doesn't it?

and didnt it say they were gonna get their own plant for chevy lambda?

If this Junior Avalanche has a drop down mid-gate like the full size one does, Honda should just change the name of the Ridgeline to the Honda :pokeowned:

If this Junior Avalanche has a drop down mid-gate like the full size one does, Honda should just change the name of the Ridgeline to the Honda :pokeowned:

LMAO!

guess we will have to see...

A ridgeline COPY?!?!----Spend that $$$ on something BETTER GM!!!----Like a KAPPA based 2+2 FIREBIRD!!

dont forget the camaro was exactly the same... ford made the mustang to compete with the gto... then chevy fired back with the camaro/firebird... seemed to work out well as far as sales goes...

the ridgeline doesnt get much better fuel ecconomy then the avalanche if any...

but chevy has the means to sell a ridgeline much better then honda, and its a more credible vehicle sold under GM... as much as americans dont like american cars... they still trust our trucks and bigger vehicles...

there are still a lot of people who raise eyebrows to the ridgeline/titan/tundra

I'd rather have the Holden Crewman. I'm no fan of the Ridgeline, and it's FWD-biased layout, and I'll likely not be a fan of this vehicle either.

is that with a 'p' or with an 'o'?

LPL

sizable bed

i'm sure the chevy will have a midgate and usuable bed but I SWEAR the paid bloggers (previously referred to as journalists) will go off on some tangent about how the chevy doesn't have the dinky little storage box UNDER the bed.

YOU JUST KNOW THEY WILL

Why would Chevy need this and the Avalanche?

Why would Chevy need this and the Avalanche?

I agree... mostly.

I don't have a problem with Chevrolet getting it. Call it the Traverse XLT... or just make it an entirely new model.

But I'd prefer it fall under GMC, especially since Chevrolet has the Avalanche and Cadillac has the EXT. Why can't BPG dealers get something unique but similar? The CUT was originally intended for Pontiac anyway. So, like the Acadia, give the product to GMC. Maybe it could replace the GMC Canyon as GMC's entry level model?

It fits the Professional Grade image 100%.

yea im tired of chevy getting everything...

its got too much to manage already... they can spend million in advertisement... but unless chevy has a 20% market share... it really doesnt need to have 30+ vehicles...

if its a lambda, give it to pontiac or gmc, the arcadia is one of the better looking ones anyway...

if its part of the ute... give it to gmc again, cause pontiac will be getting the performance edition...

if chevy has 30 vehicles, Pontiac buick and GMC need the same...

cause in my opinion Chevy should = P-B-G as far as sales go... if not PBG should be bigger... and according to last months sales... the 3 have another 100k a month to go to play catchup :pokeowned:

its nice for brand awareness... but its terrible for inventory for Chevy to be 50% of GM's sales...

Doesn't this explain why Lutz said Chevy had too much on its plate for the Holden ute vehicle to be an ElCamino (choosing GMC instead)?

Wait, what happened to Honda cancelling the next-gen Ridgeline? All this announcement does is ensure the absolutely hideous Ridgeline's continued existence.

Doesn't this explain why Lutz said Chevy had too much on its plate for the Holden ute vehicle to be an ElCamino (choosing GMC instead)?

Lutz knows it... Chevy dealers know it...

but for some reason every vehicle expected to sell more then 100k a year, needs to be on every chevy lot...

if Chevy can pick its sales up so that its dealers can afford bigger inventorys and lots... then its fine... cause chevy is bigger then toyota, with a whole lot more dealers...

but currently, they offer too much for their sales & number of dealerships...

bpg it will be weird to see them grow, cause with all 3 brands merged, it might be hard for them to really grow as fast as their products come in...

i guess this topic says new GM CUV not chevy.... although its in the chevy folder

chevy needs to seperate itself into 2... chevy trucks and chevy cars...

toyota does it... not sure its a great idea, but... it would help reduce excess competition, and it would help chevy grow...

Edited by Newbiewar

Well I'll be darned...I'm kinda excited to see what Chevy has in plans for it's smaller sized Avalanche/Ridgeline competitor. As a long-term Chevy fan (and 6-time Silverado owner), and a current Ridgeline owner, this size and type of vehicle has great utility and appeal. I'll keep reading Cheers & Gears for more info!

GRRRRRRR!

This is why I'm not getting my El Camino?!!!

:nono:

Bad Choice, why compete with a turd like the Ridgeline? That thing is a bad joke and not exactly lighting up the sales charts.

El Camino and Crewman instead, please.

>>"...chevy needs to seperate itself into 2... chevy trucks and chevy cars..."<<

Shift the 'trucky' trucks over to GMC: all RC pickups, any trucks over 3/4-ton. This should free up room for more car-based models in Chevy's brochure.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room