Autoblog takes a closer look at the G8

Walkaround: Pontiac G8 GT
Posted Image
Link to Original Article & More Photos @ Autoblog

At the East Coast edition of the 2008 GM Collection, El General had one of his preproduction Pontiac G8 GT sedans on display for everyone's inspection. The car on hand was a red GT with an automatic transmission, the revised silver Pontiac badge, black leather seating, and an automatic transmission. Unfortunately, the G8 at the event was eye candy only -- no driving allowed. Still, it was unlocked, and I was able to check out the production-spec interior up close. Follow the jump for a quick rundown and first impression of how it all looked

I wish the interior more closely resembled the GTO. I like the GTO instrument panel better, and the green is a lot nicer than the red for the lighting, especially at night.

I'm very happy to see the console mounted window switches stay though.

Eh... I much prefer red back lighting to anything else. I always found it to be soothing.

Anyways, anyone who thinks this car is boring should be shot. It looks absolutely fabulous. The more pictures I see, the more I like it, and I was already in love with it at first sight. :P

Eh... I much prefer red back lighting to anything else. I always found it to be soothing.

Anyways, anyone who thinks this car is boring should be shot. It looks absolutely fabulous. The more pictures I see, the more I like it, and I was already in love with it at first sight. :P

:withstupid:

Plus, depending on the shade of green, it might remind us of the 80's when all displays were green.

Try driving around in a GTO for a while. I used to love the red too, until I started driving the GTO. Now, I don't want to go back.

:withstupid:

Plus, depending on the shade of green, it might remind us of the 80's when all displays were green.

It's not that shade of green at all. I'll take a picture of it.

Tick Tock Tick Tock

That is the clock running till sales run start in January and we get this great car.

I saw this one in person in the hauler and while I did not see the inside but the outside and underside looked great.

One might note the positive feedback on Autoblog. They usually are GM trolls there. Almost all the comments have been very positive.

Edited by hyperv6

the hood scoops don't look that good. this isn't a RamAir Firebird. no disrespect intedned to RamAir Firebird owners/fans: they're different kind of cars.

GM figured if they left off the scoops they'd get a lot of whining from the same crowd that whined that the '04 GTO didn't have scoops.

Doesn't matter what they do. People will whine and complain about one thing or another. I'm just grateful for a rear wheel drive V-8 powered large sedan. I'm even more glad it has good performance, good proportions, and big horsepower!

The Charger is better looking IMO and has far more character to it's styling than this BMW plain looking knockoff. I live for the day when American cars offer there own styling again and quit copying Euro and Asian cars.

The Charger is one butt ugly car - especially that front end. I would never consider one, but this G8 is definitely going to be on my list. I'm not a huge fan of the fake hood vents, but they do look better with the red or black body colors. That dark grey that GM put out in the initial pictures is a poor choice for this car.

Red is cool, white/green is alright but orange/blue/white is the best.