Automotive Poll, perception

Perception of Brands and their Vehicles  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ever Consider an Asian Car Manufacture

• No, Never crossed my mind
    • Not currently, they dont offer vehicles that appeal to me
    • I like certain aspects of one of their models but there is just something about it that puts me off
    • Absolutely, own one, and happy with that decision, willing to do it again
    • Maybe a used one.
    • Never again, owned at least one and am still unsatisfied
  2. 2. Would you ever Consider a Domestic Car Manufacture

• I like certain aspects of one of their models but there is just something about it that puts me off
    • Maybe a used one.
  3. 3. Would you ever Consider a European Car Manufacture

• Maybe a used one.

I'm currious about the bias, or the perception in this forum

after reading the article based on domestic and asian buyers refusal to even consider certain brands

hrmm forgot one...

the umm... Got my eye one one... just waiting for the right time...

Edited by Newbiewar

My vote is "I'd consider one, but not in the market currently" for Euro and Asian.

Euro/Asian cars I'd consider:

Mazda RX8

Subaru Legacy GT

Subaru SVX

Volkswagen Pheaton

Audi A6 or A8

Alfa 159 <actually, just about any Alfa>

Peugot 407 coupe

Most of the Citroens

Ones where I'm not sure how to count them:

Opel Astra Twintop

Opel Vectra

Jaguar XJ

Saab 9-3 Cabrio or Combi

and "Absolutely, own one, and happy with that decision, willing to do it again" for domestic.

Edited by Oldsmoboi

I'm confused by this poll? What if I drove a Pontiac Vibe, would that be Asian or American. What if I drove an Opel, would that be European or American, what if (God Forbid) I drove a Holden, is that Australian or American? GM is a multi-national corporation and this poll does not factor that in to it.

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Bad Choices, my answer didn't fit into any, except for domestic, Absolutely, own one, and happy with that decision, willing to do it again, since that is what I own. I would consider a select few Japanese cars, mostly only Nissan/Infinitis or certain Mazdas.

For European, I would definately consider a lot of them except VW, but I don't own one, so my answer wasn't there.

I'm confused by this poll? What if I drove a Pontiac Vibe, would that be Asian or American. What if I drove an Opel, would that be European or American, what if (God Forbid) I drove a Holden, is that Australian or American? GM is a multi-national corporation and this poll does not factor that in to it.

Bad Choices, my answer didn't fit into any, except for domestic, Absolutely, own one, and happy with that decision, willing to do it again, since that is what I own. I would consider a select few Japanese cars, mostly only Nissan/Infinitis or certain Mazdas.

For European, I would definately consider a lot of them except VW, but I don't own one, so my answer wasn't there.

okay okay i get it... I F-ed it up

but can we all come up with a poll that would try to figure out this boards affiliation...? because obviously there are some anti foreign people, and anti this or that.... but it would be interesting at least to me...

especially after reading that article about how only like 3% of americans refuse to consider an asian car

The trouble you're going to get into with this is how you count certain brands.

Are Mazda/Land Rover/Jaguar/Volvo/Saab foreign or domestic?

What about imported Pontiacs or Saturns?

I'm going to live in Germany next year. If I buy an Opel, am I buying domestic <Germany> or am I buying domestic <US>?

I think this thread should be resubmitted with better choices...like "I'd consider one"

After all, while I mainly like domestics, I'd consider anything that appeals to me...Like a GTR :D

Maybe you should break it down into brands.

Edited by Dodgefan

• 1 month later...

I'd rather kiss a girl than buy a Japanese vehicle! But, yeah, I do realize I am driving a Korean made vehicle, if only partially owned and marketted by GM.

No prejudice or brand loyality here...I've owned domestic (Ford, Chevy, Jeep) and European (BMW)....I'd consider domestic again (Ford, Cadillac, Jeep), and there are several models from Japanese makes I'd consider (Acura, Infiniti)...though I likely wouldn't consider Korean (Hyundai and Kia are at the cheap and nasty end of the spectrum, IMHO).

I know, you're looking for a Herty Gerty Swedish girl who drives a Saab, should be easy to find a million of them in Portugal! :rotflmao: I'm going to Iceland soon, you want me to look there? :scratchchin:

She doesn't have to be Swedish, she just needs to have blue or green eyes :drool:

As for the Saab thing, that's definitely on the find-a-girl shortlist :P

Edited by ZL-1

Asian cars sometimes appeal to me, but I grow weary of thier designs really quickly - there is no passion in the design or any true originality for that matter. Those that are original are either so quirky they look like a clown car or are the size of a thimble. Both of those factors wipe them off the shopping list for a 6 foot tall 255 pound guy. I will absolutely NEVER consider a Toyota. Period. Ever. Japanese cars are exciting to me for about 3 seconds.

Domestics - I own and maintain several, and much to the chagrin of the Japanese car makers, I have NEVER WALKED HOME FROM ANYWHERE BECAUSE MY CAR DID NOT WORK. I love pretty much every car GM has ever pumped out...that was RWD. Even the Chevette!

Europeans: I have owned BMW's and still find the designs fresh and exciting. I have stopped buying BMW's because they stopped catering to the driver and have installed every nanny that could ever be electronically wired into a car. Then they disconnected the steering and ruined that aspect as well, so I walked. Mercedes is nice, but I just cannot put my finger on what I don't like about them. VW - have had a few and my wife still pines for a New Beetle. They were basic transport with benefits. Tight euro feel and great safety aspects.

I hate FWD cars. With a passion. Probably the reason I skipped every car made from like 1985 (except Camaro and Corvette) up until...well Now. Been stuck in trucks pretty much from that point on...this is when I was driving BMW's and Camaros (odd mix?)

Asian: Never. Hate the Japanese, and for the Koreans, only thing I like is only being sold in Korea and I can't afford it anyway

Domestic: Absolutely. Currently have 99 Grandam, absolutely loving it. Got around 80,000 miles on it, despite the fact I got into an accident once, it still running like Brand New with not even a single problem, just like my very first car which was a 92 Sunbird. Part of the reason that I am getting an 08 Grand Prix which is also the domestic, though made in Canada.

European: I love the European, but I just CAN'T afford them for the cars that have the size that I like.

Edited by Diehard GrandPrix Fan