Oh Cutlass, Where Roameth Thou?

Excellent job, Vipes. The only pic I can say could have been made better is the profile shot from the passenger side of the car... the wheels should have been turned toward the camera in that one, instead of away.

Heh, to be honest, I didn't even mean to have the wheels turned, I backed in at an odd angle and did alot of maneuvering so that I was straight with the lines. I straighted out the steering wheel, not knowing my wheels were turned. After using my phone for 5 minutes, I went to take the pictures. Oh well. It worked to my advantage in some shots.

Anyways, I have more shots coming. I've been bored alot lately. :P

Nice pics of a nice car. You're a hell of a photographer, BV.

Here here and AMEN to that :).

BV ... some of those shots look like they could easily have been in brochures about the Cutlass Supreme :)!!!

So ... when you coming to IL to take some pics of my MCs? ;)

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Can you make folks feel what you feel inside?" ... David Allen Coe ... 'The Ride'

Here here and AMEN to that :).

BV ... some of those shots look like they could easily have been in brochures about the Cutlass Supreme :)!!!

So ... when you coming to IL to take some pics of my MCs? ;)

"Can you make folks feel what you feel inside?" ... David Allen Coe ... 'The Ride'

Thanks.

Heh, I will as soon as someone pays for the gas I'll need. :P

Well, I'd have to have a good amount of money on hand as well as someone to go with... and some free time, obviously. I do want to take some trips in this beast, though.

GOOD!

When you find the free time ... and someone to come with you ... let me know.

"Let me slip away" ... Gordon Lightfoot ... 'Carefree Highway'

• 2 months later...

It's running... and that's what counts, right? It's not doing too bad. The carburetor seems like it's being destroyed everytime its run and the check engine light won't go out. Not to mention that it's also getting single digit fuel economy, and the fact that the transmission doesn't want to go into overdrive anymore doesn't help. Otherwise, yeah... It's running and hasn't broken down again.. yet.

My dad offered to just give it to me the other day, as well. Haven't given him an answer on whether I want it or not. I see myself just getting rid of it. I think for its sake, I probably shouldn't accept his offer :P

• 1 month later...

Nice ride brother!! '84 right? My first car. Had it for 9 years, wish i could find it, I've fantasized about finding it and doing a frame up, i know it'll be rough if i ever find it. But, parts are way too hard to find yet for these old girls. Most beautiful car ever made.

You are right about that. blackviper doesnt know how good he has it.

Hah.. Well... It's slower than molasses, its horrible on gas, it's far from reliable, it handles like a barge, it's discontented more than $9k Aveos, it's styled like a box, and to contrary belief, it's not that easy to work on. Please... Show me what's so good about it. I simply fail see to it. Oh... wait... It's RWD. That's one thing... just 6 more to break even. :P

No it isn't easy to work on, the 80's were a horrible time for cars. Too much smog and vacuum and crap. If you yank all that crap and make it like it's a 60's car, like I did to all mine, it's amazing the difference, even with smogger heads. She's suffocated and bogged down. They're such beautiful cars, they have style. It's not all plastic cookie cutter like the new ones. I'm anxious to see 20 years from now how these new plastic super computer controlled cars are doing compared to Detroit steel.

Here's a kleenex.

You must not disagree, you didn't add anything to the conversation. :P

No it isn't easy to work on, the 80's were a horrible time for cars. Too much smog and vacuum and crap. If you yank all that crap and make it like it's a 60's car, like I did to all mine, it's amazing the difference, even with smogger heads. She's suffocated and bogged down. They're such beautiful cars, they have style. It's not all plastic cookie cutter like the new ones. I'm anxious to see 20 years from now how these new plastic super computer controlled cars are doing compared to Detroit steel.

Couldn't one say the Cutlass is just steel cookie cutter? Everything from the 80's was a box, afterall. Besides the wheel wells, there's not one curved line styled into it. I don't know about you, but I never got much joy from looking at boxes. They're fun for packing things into and hiding it all away in your attic... but... :D

Regardless, the styling is the least of my problems with this car.

Hah.. Well... It's slower than molasses, its horrible on gas, it's far from reliable, it handles like a barge, it's discontented more than $9k Aveos, it's styled like a box, and to contrary belief, it's not that easy to work on. Please... Show me what's so good about it. I simply fail see to it. Oh... wait... It's RWD. That's one thing... just 6 more to break even. :P

Too bad you got a bad one. The body though looks to be in good shape. Reliability is different things to different people. Parts are cheap for it. Thats one good thing. The Olds 307 engine is tough as nails. At least in my travels with my Bonneville. I agree both mine have all that wiring and hoses. Especially the Bonneville. Decontented. You have to remember when ours were made. Mine too dont have a real lot of options. But it is expected in these and I live with it. My biggest problem is keeping the A/C working on both since I dont like heat. Yeah the little things break sometimes but mine are reliable as can be. Never in our ownership(My Dad had the Caprice before he died in June 2007) has either car left somebody on the side of the road. Neither one has overheated or anything. Did get the transmissions rebuilt on both but anyone who has one of these should know that the overdrive transmissions on these tend to be flimsy. But the rebuilds werent too expensive and I doubt I will ever have to do it again. Just get rid of it if you hate it so much. Some of us like the styling of these cars. It sets them apart from todays vehicles.

Edited by 2005 EquinoxLS

Just to reply to a few points...

Yeah the little things break sometimes but mine are reliable as can be. Never in our ownership has either car left somebody on the side of the road. Neither one has overheated or anything.

Just get rid of it if you hate it so much.

Three times in one month, it left me stranded. That's a little excessive for any car.

Never said I hated it. It annoys the hell out of me would get much enjoyment out of pushing it off a cliff, but I don't hate it. Plus, as I've said in the past, certain things have to happen before I can do that. I need to either get my Millenia running or get another car (both of which are in the works, finally). The time is coming as you'll see by the link in my sig, seeing what sort of interest there is for it before actually selling it.

Sounds like a lot of people are interested. If the body is as good as it looks the rest can be replaced or rebuilt byt the right person. I read the post where you have the distributer coming for the Mazda. All I can suggest to get that going after the new distributer is installed is put a charger on the battery until it is fully charged. Better hope the gas is good. Shouldnt be a problem though if it is like the 1984 Buick Park Avenue that I got running after sitting for 2 years. Good luck with the Mazda.