Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

1991-1996 GM B Bodies and some thoughts..

9 posts in this topic

I stumbled across something interesting. There are people who are taking GM cars 1991-1996 B Bodies ( Buick Roadmaster,Chevrolet Caprice/Impala,Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser and Cadillac Fleetwood) and opened up their own dealerships. They specialize only in these GM cars and fix them, sell them, sell parts and more. It made me think if the demand is there, why did GM walk away from this market? Apparently there is demand for these cars. Here are two dealers:

http://www.bigstationwagons.com/

http://www.midwestroadmasters.com/

The article that made me think on this was this one:

http://www.gmtoday.com/news/local_stories/...10092007_09.asp

I notice I see people buy a lot of the E bodies too.

Ask any agency who has used them - '96 Caprice > '08 CV any time, any day.

Anyway, obviously the demand was incredibly great especially compared to sport utilities. GM does know how to build a fullsize car better than Ford or Chrysler could ever hope to.

If money were readily available, I'd call the owner of this Fleetwood Brougham to see what he wants for it:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This one is dark bluw with a blue vinyl top and it has the chrome rims. It's only a couple of blocks from where I live and truct me, if the SKY had been sold already I would have called the owner. It's been "For Sale" for at least two months; it's parked in front of the guy's house and gets driven every so often (there's a new DTS in his driveway; I guess it's the Fleetwood's replacement). There is another one not far from me, a black '95 Fleetwood (non-Brougham and non-vinyl roof) that I noticed last winter that needs bodywork and some other TLC, and caddycruiser was kind enough to find out some info for me about it. It's still for sale but the guy wants close to $4k for it and it isn't worth it (this blue one externally is in much better shape than the black one). He has a late-model Continental as it's replacement and the Fleetwood gets driven not so often.

Then there's the white '91 or '92 Caprice Classic I stalk, I mean pass-by, from time-to-time about 2-miles from me that I'm waiting for the "For Sale" sign to appear in. I have to start playing the lottery!!! :lol:

Love that Fleetwood... Same case near my church, there's a new Silver DTS in the driveway and a 1994 Deville Concours for sale in the alley. Too bad it's not the year I'm lookin' for.

Ask any agency who has used them - '96 Caprice > '08 CV any time, any day.

Anyway, obviously the demand was incredibly great especially compared to sport utilities. GM does know how to build a fullsize car better than Ford or Chrysler could ever hope to.

Right...which is why LH (Intrepid) = or > W-Body Impala of the time and LX > W-body anything. Zeta will no doubt be better than LX since it's a ground up design and newer, but to say Chrysler doesn't know how to build large cars, I beg to differ.

Edited by Dodgefan

Right...which is why LH (Intrepid) = or > W-Body Impala of the time and LX > W-body anything. Zeta will no doubt be better than LX since it's a ground up design and newer, but to say Chrysler doesn't know how to build large cars, I beg to differ.

W-body is midsize. G-body is fullsize. And if you want to consider the 300 'fullsize,' whatever. I'd almost give you the LH-cars, but Chrysler didn't do all the work on those either if you remember. Fact is, Chrysler left the fullsize market in '78 (you can argue '81 if you consider those R-cars any good) and to date hasn't returned with an in-house product.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room