91z4me

Ford Verve testing

6 posts in this topic

http://www.egmcartech.com/2007/10/10/spy-s...t-taking-shape/

Our friends over at CarMagazine recently spotted this Ford Fiesta replacement undergoing some local city testing. From the spy shots it’s pretty clear that the next baby Ford is taking the shape of the Ford Verve Concept revealed in Frankfurt.

Engine specs are expected to range from a 1.2 liter to 1.6 liter gasoline engines along with turbocharged variants. A high-performance ST version producing 170 horsepower is also expected for the UK. We wouldn’t be surprised to see a hybrid version later down the line.

As reported yesterday, the Fiesta replacement is also expected to make it to the U.S. by 2009 as a rival to the Toyota Yaris, Honda Fit, Chevrolet Aveo and others. The car will share platforms with the Mazda2.

Interesting that it may make it stateside.

I think it's great that they are bringing it here. I hope it keeps most of the design DNA of the Verve concept intact. If they do keep it as attractive as the Verve concept, then Ford might have a real winner on its hands in the subcompact segment.

I still wish Mazda would bring over the Mazda2 also. Give it a chance and see what it will do in the U.S.

The US will get a 5door and a sedan and the design will be 90% identical - the car (even the US version) were designed in Europe.

Igor

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead