Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

2009 Cadillac CTS Wagon: Spied!

23 posts in this topic

The shape of things to come at Caddy?

by Hans Lehmann/Hidden Image (2007-10-10)

Cadillac's CTS is new for the 2008 model year, and according to TheCarConnection.com's editorial braintrust, the new version is an enthusiast hit.

Will enthusiasts cotton to a new wagon version of the edgy CTS? Cadillac hopes they will as it plans for a wagon version of the CTS, likely to bow at the 2008 North American International Auto Show in Detroit . The wagon CTS hasn't been shown publicly-and Cadillac hasn't confirmed its existence-but spy photographers and illustrators have come up with this computer-generated take on what the CTS wagon will look like when it bows next year.

The CTS lineup won't end there, however. Cadillac's known to also be preparing a two-door CTS coupe for launch sometime in 2009. And will a convertible be spun from that version? Stay tuned for more information as TheCarConnection.com keeps you up to date on the CTS wagon.

**** This is a computer generated image of what "it might" look like. It is from this source:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiast...178.A13487.html

Posted Image

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

*rolls eyes*

Spied? Not really.

Antoine Guilbaud = that Vince boob from "Hollywood Extra." As in the guy who is wrong about everything.

The wagon certainly will not debut at NAIAS 08.

Edited by Chris_Doane

*rolls eyes*

Spied? Not really.

Antoine Guilbaud = that Vince boob from "Hollywood Extra." As in the guy who is wrong about everything.

Thank you for verification. I did not want to get blamed for that image.

Not the best ever, but its quick and gets my point across.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by bowtie_dude

it makes a HOT wagon..... that'll go over fairly well, at least style wise, in Europe.

It got a good look to it. I like it. I think it would go over well in Europe. I think that the backend should go back farther than it does in the two chops for more cargo room.

As long as it fits the theme and doesn't look like the CTS nose on a curvacious wagon, it'll do fine.

Looks terrible, Cadillac should have 3 rules. Longitudinal mounted engine, no 4 cylinder engines, no wagons ever.

Those should apply to Europe too, a small V6 diesel or small V6 with a 2 mode hybrid could keep gas mileage up for markets/buyers that demand that.

it makes a HOT wagon..... that'll go over fairly well, at least style wise, in Europe.

It got a good look to it. I like it. I think it would go over well in Europe. I think that the backend should go back farther than it does in the two chops for more cargo room.

this will go over in Europe about as well as the Third Reich.

first, have you seen Cadillac's sales numbers in Europe? abysmal. the brand does NOT resonate over there.

second, the car is too damn big for the European masses.

At one point, mercedes & bmw did not resonate in the U.S., and look how that turned out.

I like the initial chop the best and I think it looks pretty good overall. The more raked D-Pillar gives it a 'CTS Maxx' look, bringin it too close to a 'tweaked sedan' as opposed to a fresh shell.

That said, I too am having difficulty wrapping my mind around a 'Cadillac station wagon', even tho I am well aware of a handful/year built between the '40s and the '80s.

yes, the tweaked image does look like a maxx. it would be the perfect car for realtor harry.

Looks terrible, Cadillac should have 3 rules. Longitudinal mounted engine, no 4 cylinder engines, no wagons ever.

Those should apply to Europe too, a small V6 diesel or small V6 with a 2 mode hybrid could keep gas mileage up for markets/buyers that demand that.

Apparently you don't want Cadillac to actually try and compete with BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Alfa, or Jaguar....

but in the next breath you'll complain about how the Cadillac can't outsell the 3-series.

this will go over in Europe about as well as the Third Reich.

first, have you seen Cadillac's sales numbers in Europe? abysmal. the brand does NOT resonate over there.

second, the car is too damn big for the European masses.

1. Cadillac just had a 30% jump.

2. Most 5ers and E-classes and A6es I saw on my last trip to Europe were wagons.

3. The CTS is the same size as the 5, E and A6

4. Cadillac should never be "for the masses".

Edited by Oldsmoboi

Not the best ever, but its quick and gets my point across.

Posted Image

I like it a lot!

Posted Image

But I don't like your chop at all, sorry. It looks like the MAXX with that slope.

Edited by Dodgefan

I'm glad Cadillac is expanding the CTS lineup. If Cadillac wants to be a global luxury competitor, this is the way to go. The European luxury brands offer sedans, coupes, convertibles, and wagons to compete on a global scale. If this is Cadillac's ambition, it must do the same thing.

As far as Cadillac not resonating in Europe, they haven't had the proper products to accomplish this feat. I think the 2008 CTS is well equipped to start the ball rolling and if Cadillac would offer more variants of this car (including a wagon, which is a very popular vehicle configuration in Europe from what I understand), its market share could expand over there. The current BLS and accompanying wagon are the wrong products and will hopefully go away once GM starts producing the rear wheel drive versions on the Alpha platform.

Cadillac was once regarded as the "Standard of the World". It could be again with the appropriate lineup (goodbye BLS, STS, and DTS). If they give up now because of a few failures and misguided decisions, then they won't make an impact anywhere. If a lot of import brands made the decision to give up on the U.S. after a cool reception from us, then we would have a lot of limited choices in the market today. Closed minded, "Status Quo" thinking is bad for the industry and ultimately bad for the consumer.

1. Cadillac just had a 30% jump.

2. Most 5ers and E-classes and A6es I saw on my last trip to Europe were wagons.

3. The CTS is the same size as the 5, E and A6

4. Cadillac should never be "for the masses".

so they sold 130cars last month instead of 100?

your 30% is pretty much meaningless in this context.

as for cadillac selling to the masses, well they aren't doing it in europe now nor are they selling to the 'elite' and a CTS wagon isn't going to fix that problem.

someone who is good at chopping needs to break up that rear door window into a fixed pane and a smaller one that goes down, like the commodore wagon. that will make the rear part of the greenhouse look better because currently the rear door window is too big.

I'm glad Cadillac is expanding the CTS lineup. If Cadillac wants to be a global luxury competitor, this is the way to go. The European luxury brands offer sedans, coupes, convertibles, and wagons to compete on a global scale. If this is Cadillac's ambition, it must do the same thing.

As far as Cadillac not resonating in Europe, they haven't had the proper products to accomplish this feat. I think the 2008 CTS is well equipped to start the ball rolling and if Cadillac would offer more variants of this car (including a wagon, which is a very popular vehicle configuration in Europe from what I understand), its market share could expand over there. The current BLS and accompanying wagon are the wrong products and will hopefully go away once GM starts producing the rear wheel drive versions on the Alpha platform.

Cadillac was once regarded as the "Standard of the World". It could be again with the appropriate lineup (goodbye BLS, STS, and DTS). If they give up now because of a few failures and misguided decisions, then they won't make an impact anywhere. If a lot of import brands made the decision to give up on the U.S. after a cool reception from us, then we would have a lot of limited choices in the market today. Closed minded, "Status Quo" thinking is bad for the industry and ultimately bad for the consumer.

+1

On a none subject related question, what is up with all the stars and bars avatars?!?!?!

*rolls eyes*

Spied? Not really.

Vince??!!! He's still around?!

I haven't visited Hollywood Extra since probally 2002.

You're right, he was pretty far off base with alot of things and many of his new vehicles were just redone pics of other models (the reason why I stopped visiting his site), but he still used to have a pretty good collection of upcoming vehicles on his site.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0