Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

1990 Toronado convertible for sale on Autotrader

13 posts in this topic

WOW! :omfg: :omfg: :omfg: :omfg: :omfg:

+1, that looks great. Always liked the Toronado, didn't know they made a 'vert.

It probably has all the structural rigidity of a balloon with the top cut off, but I love it anyway. The lines for this car really work well as a convertible.

Olds surely missed an opportunity to capitalize on the convertible market with this car... years before the Sebring convertible would have debuted. I guess they figured they had the Cutlass Supreme convertible, why spend the engineering dollars on this platform? Well, they were wrong and we could have benefited from this car being available as a factory convertible.

So Ninety-Eight, you going to call the owner and make an offer???

That bodystyle was meant for a convertible. It doesn't even look like a convertible, more like a Chris Craft on wheels. So elegant. So beautiful. Why can't it be 1/4 that price?

That bodystyle was meant for a convertible. It doesn't even look like a convertible, more like a Chris Craft on wheels. So elegant. So beautiful. Why can't it be 1/4 that price?

Trade all 3 of yours in on that.

Awesome! :blink:

This part sucks though: "There also was a fake tire carrier on the back of the car which was taken off and is included."

Awesome! :blink:

This part sucks though: "There also was a fake tire carrier on the back of the car which was taken off and is included."

Should be fairly easy to dispose of on E-bay... and it looks as if no Toronados were harmed in the process.

Olds surely missed an opportunity to capitalize on the convertible market with this car... years before the Sebring convertible would have debuted. I guess they figured they had the Cutlass Supreme convertible, why spend the engineering dollars on this platform? Well, they were wrong and we could have benefited from this car being available as a factory convertible.

So Ninety-Eight, you going to call the owner and make an offer???

This goes back to that whole 1991-1996 B- Body thing. GM just either did not get it, or see their potential back then. They walked away from this market and segment too. There are others still building in this segment. This car would have been a hit in this form. GM still does not have any personal luxury coupes. Am I going to call this guy? No, I am not..... Nice car though. Very nice indeed.

GM eroded themselves. They became truck heavy. This is changing. GM does have holes in its line up.

Take the one of the front of the price and I would buy it. What was the last year for the Toronado?

Take the one of the front of the price and I would buy it. What was the last year for the Toronado?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0