Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2007 Cadillac Escalade Standard Equip. + OPTIONS

CadillacCTS

Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic, Heavy Duty, electronically controlled with overdrive and tow/haul mode, 6L80. Includes driver shift control, manual shifting mode...

Has anyone ever seen a column mounted manumatic?

[post="29017"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think it's similar to the Titan's... you toggle a switch mounted on the lever. And, hey, the 7-series, S-class, M-class, and R-class don't have floor shifters either.

what is it with the granite interior stuff, it wont be real granite it would be some fake plastic, i think that is the dumbest idea ever, keyless entry and ignition is so convienent they should deff do that, and why isnt cooled seats an option, and can we see some pics they've kept us waiting long enough....

what is it with the granite interior stuff, it wont be real granite it would be some fake plastic, i think that is the dumbest idea ever, keyless entry and ignition is so convienent they should deff do that, and why isnt cooled seats an option, and can we see some pics they've kept us waiting long enough....

[post="29066"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Cooled seats are indeed an option. Read the press release.

And how in the world do you know the granite won't be real? Sounds like an uneducated guess to me.

Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic, Heavy Duty, electronically controlled with overdrive and tow/haul mode, 6L80. Includes driver shift control, manual shifting mode...

[post="29017"][/post]

Here is the column-mounted tapshift for the current Duramax-equipped pickups with the 6-speed automatic:

Posted Image

What is everyones facination with floor mounted shifters these days?  It's like column shifters are low class or something.  Thy function the same right? This SUV is truck based right?  What's wrong with it?

[post="28310"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Right on! I don't understand why column shifters have become so looked down on recently. The current Escalade has one, and it's still percieved as a cool vehicle, and sells well. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Lincoln switched to a floor shifter in the Navigator and I don't exactly see it running away with sales. The Escalade is a BIG proudly American vehicle, and a column shifter fits in just fine with that.

[post="29017"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

not to be a smart@$$, but the Dodge Caravan had one a few years ago, looked like a power window lever on the end of the shifter. Don't have any pics, but I remember seeing it at the auto show.

granite is very heavy and breaks easily it has to be thick so why on earth would they put it into a car and who would want it, we have granite in our bathrooms and kitchen, not in our car, how about more interior color options other than tan and grey

[post="29116"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If it is real granite, then it will probably be laminated (or some other kind of treatment) to keep it from breaking. And, I don't think they will use so much that it will add a significant amount of weight.

If they have granite surfaces, it should be done like countertops--on top of the dash, console, etc (on horizontal surfaces). Also, hardwood flooring would be a nice touch as well. Maybe some track lighting and a small, tasteful chandelier or two also.

Right on!  I don't understand why column shifters have become so looked down on recently.  The current Escalade has one, and it's still percieved as a cool vehicle, and sells well.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Lincoln switched to a floor shifter in the Navigator and I don't exactly see it running away with sales.  The Escalade is a BIG proudly American vehicle, and a column shifter fits in just fine with that.

[post="29307"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's a tactile-quality thing.....

Many people, me included, like the tactile feeling of reaching down, grabbing a hold of, and shifting a console-mounted shifter better than utilizing a column shift.

And yes, many people, me included also, perceive column mounted shifters as passe' and old-school.

I'll strongly consider not purchasing a car if it only offers a column shifter.....and it's one of the things I really dislike about the 7 and the new M and S-classes.

We also have an '05 S500.....and there's NOTHING like slapping that gated shifter out of "park" and down to "drive."

We also have an '05 S500.....and there's NOTHING like slapping that gated shifter out of "park" and down to "drive."

[post="29576"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

And if you've got KeylessGo, that sensation of firing up your car with a shifter-mounted starter button.

If they have granite surfaces, it should be done like countertops--on top of the dash, console, etc (on horizontal surfaces).    Also, hardwood flooring would be a nice touch as well. Maybe some track lighting and a small, tasteful chandelier or two also.

[post="29373"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Optional wood floor with lambs wool rugs would be amazing, IMO.

i think BECAUSE the base Tahoe and Yukon can come with bench seating - it would be ridiculously expensive to have column shifters and floor/console shifters

think about how much extra labor time would have to go into production 2 different versions.

[post="29785"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Interestingly, Ford gave the F-150 both column shifters and floor shifters.

I really think the column vs. floor shifter is something that really isn't a deal-breaker to the general fullsize SUV shopping public, only to magazine editors that thrash a vehicle around for a day and a half.

[post="29791"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Oh, you'd be surprised what people get passionate about.

I have a friend that currently has a Range Rover....and he claims it has had SO many problems, they are avoiding ANY Land Rover product next time around when the lease expires.

This friend LOVES the new Tahoe/Yukon....and would consider replacing the RR with one. But I bet he won't get one if all he can get is a column shifter. He HATES column shifters that much......

Your friend makes up a very small part of the buying public.  Most truck-based SUV buyers have no problem whatsoever with a column shifter.

I think actually would have preferred a column shifter in my Grand Cherokee..it's available only with the console-mounted shifter (beside the transfer case shifter). The two shifters take up a lot of space on the console that could have been used for more storage, etc..

i think BECAUSE the base Tahoe and Yukon can come with bench seating - it would be ridiculously expensive to have column shifters and floor/console shifters

think about how much extra labor time would have to go into production 2 different versions.

Well, the Silverado and Sierra will surely have bench seats and column shifters in their base versions... I don't know about the Tahoe or Yukon, though...I've never seen one from the current or previous generation with a bench seat...

From what we've all read, it appears the Escalade has a different dash design and different radio and HVAC controls.  I believe the people who designed the Maybach's interior did the Escalade's.  Am I right?

[post="28156"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

So a small forest will have to be destroyed for each new Escalade built?

I never heard that the Escalade interior was done by the same company that did the Maybach interior. The only thing like that that I've heard is that the added leather on the center console and dash (and maybe the whole interior?) in the STS-V is from the same company.

By the way since so many people are confused about the interior design issue...the interior is done by Lear Corp. http://www.lear.com/

Lear designs all Buick and Cadillac interiors, work heavily with DaimlerChrysler (including Maybach), and many other automotive companies.

To give an idea, in addition to a general group which covers companies like Toyota and BMW and the 1 or 2 cars they have done through Lear they have the following divisions:
DaimlerChrysler Division
Ford Division
General Motors/Fiat Division
PSA/Renault

As far as the "granite" goes...it should be the Corian Countertops from DuPont that both GM and Ford were looking to put in their premium vehicles. From what I understand, the beauty is that they can be designed in curved/shaped molds, and it will be a lower cost to the companies to offer multiple varieties (not that they'll ever actually do that). The material is also rather light yet durable, something that would fit well in an automobile.

As far as the Escalade goes, it sounds pretty good with that standard equipment.

• 3 weeks later...
<_< I thought the pictures of the new Escalade came out today? <_< I have been looking and looking and still no pictures found! :( I want my escalade pictures please!!! :P

<_< I thought the pictures of the new Escalade came out today?  <_<

I have been looking and looking and still no pictures found!   :(

I want my escalade pictures please!!!   :P

[post="38895"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

same here... but it is a little early (in the morning) for pics. Wait a minute... isn't the Escalade going to be debuted on Rodeo? Why didn't we get a So Cal C&G group to head out there? Are any of the So Cal members going?

EDIT: Ignore the Rode Dr. stuff, don't where I got it from... don't know what I'm talking about. Edited by AAS

What?  I thought it was Miami?

Dude I have no idea...let's get our crap together though...

[post="38923"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I wonder how I got Rodeo Dr. stuck in my head...

EDIT: Now I really don't know how I got the Rodeo Dr. idea... but I did see a couple members mention that it would debut at the Miami auto show. Oops? :unsure: Edited by AAS

B) Here is the Official Blurb off GM's web site: FOR RELEASE: 2005-11-04 NEWS ADVISORY - Cadillac Unveils Highly Anticipated 2007 Escalade at the South Florida International Auto Show Completely Redesigned Truck Makes Its World Auto Show Premiere What: The Cadillac renaissance continues as the iconic Escalade SUV receives a complete makeover for the 2007 model year. On Friday, November 11, the utility will make its world auto show premiere at the South Florida International Auto Show inside the Cadillac stand. With its current bold, edgy design, the Escalade has captured the imagination of influential luxury buyers and in 2004 held 36 percent of the large luxury SUV segment. Escalade fans include some of the biggest names in sports and entertainment, and they have embraced it as the "gotta have" ride and the "King of Bling." Cadillac General Manager, Jim Taylor, will introduce the new Escalade at noon. He along with Gary White, the vehicle line executive, will be available following the conference for interviews. When: Friday, November 11, 2005 12:00 PM Where: Miami Beach Convention Center, Cadillac stand 1901 Convention Drive Miami Beach, FL Credentials: Call or email Nekeidra Shegog to obtain media credentials into the show. [email protected], 678.634.7364 cell YEA, This coming Friday!!! :P

Here is the unveiling schedule for the 2007 Escalade: November 9th - Beverly Hills, CA - private showing to select business and entertainment stars who contributed in the design process. November 10th - Internet - 12:01AM (my understanding) official photos and more information will be available for viewing - come to this site and GMI for more information. November 11th - South Florida International Auto Show - 12:00 PM Public/Media unveiling. Finally - NAIAS - the ESV and EXT will be introduced at the NAIAS in Detroit in January.

Here is the unveiling schedule for the 2007 Escalade:

November 9th - Beverly Hills, CA - private showing to select business and entertainment stars who contributed in the design process.

[post="40752"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hey, so I was right on the Rodeo Drive stuff, just had the wrong date. I wonder where I even got that info from...

:P Can not wait till it is 1 minute after midnight tonight. This will be awesome. Course for me it is PST so if they do it based on EST, then it will be 1 minute past 9pm on the west coast. :D Go Baby Go :P

• 5 months later...