2008 Dodge Challenger Revealed!

Flybrian

Hardly, The new Body comes out in 09 as well. How many sold since 2005? How long will it take for Chev or Dodge to sell that many. Prtobably never will. The Dodge is by far the better looking of the two ( Camaro, Challenger )

I agree.

The Mustang won't be going anywhere, it should outsell both the MoPar and the GM easily IMO.

It's a good car at good prices.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are aspects to the car that I like. The front is pretty cool, how the headlights aren't in your face but pushed back into the facia. I also like the tallights, wheels and 3/4 hump/kink. However, I think it's a shame Dodge has to do retro instead of an all-new unique design. I know, I know about the heritage and what not but I don't think Dodge is doing itself any long-term favors with this car. Using heritage cues is one thing (Camaro, Mustang) but basically modernizing an old design is short-term success, long-term waste.

>>"Americans are lazy bastards. It's sad that the majority can't drive a manual transmission...."<<

or operate manual steering or manual brakes or manual windows or mechanical throttle linkage or handle a car without ABS, stability control, active suspension, laser cruise control, back-up cameras, read a map, etc, etc, etc. To me, it's hypocritical- either the driver operates these features or the car does. Tho I primarily drive automatics and prefer them, I do own an 8-speed manual.

8-speed???? Riiiiight..

It looks like the production version design is sticking pretty close to the concept.. very nice. One thing I can't tell from those pics is the A-pillars..the concept had very thick ones..I wonder if the production version has narrower ones.

Ok a serious question... what would happen if i took a torch to the car and took off the b pillars and put a rubber seal on the window edges to make up for the gap? would it really mess with the structure that much? and i dont mean just chop them off. actually do some real welding work. any thoughts?

That sounds like the kind of stupid thing SixtyEight will do to a 2010 Camaro in 2030.

I agree.

The Mustang won't be going anywhere, it should outsell both the MoPar and the GM easily IMO.

It's a good car at good prices.

The Mustang will outsell both, but that doesn't make it a better car. I would choose the Camaro or the Challenger over the Mustang. These cars are really going to be putting some pressure on Ford.

>>"8-speed???? Riiiiight.."<<

I was waiting...

4-spd manual + 2-spd rear (manually shifted) = 8 forward speeds (and 2 shift levers. Manual-junkie nirvana)

Wheres that raspberry emoticon?

Interesting..what is that?? 2 shifters?? Sounds alien.

I'll take a black '09 with a Hemi and the 6 speed....auto pls. I cant drive stick anymore my knees are shot an dmy leg woulf get stiff having to depress the clutch all the time. I'm stuck driving autos. :(

1940 Ford CabOverEngine cab/chassis truck- 4-spd manual, 2-spd Eaton 13K-lb rear, 5.83 / 8.11 gears. Top end reportedly between 45-50. Dubbed by Ford as a "1.5-ton" truck, was registered by Humble Oil as a tanker truck in 1945 at a whisker under 8-tons loaded. Has '46-48 100-HP 239 flathead Ford, duals should raise that to 110.

gee, camaro, mustang, or challenger.

camaro is far superior in looks, mustang is even much better.

history repeats itself over decades and decades, the chrysler is always bringing up the rear.

Uh....except....just HOW long are we still going to have to wait to see the production Camaro?

:pokeowned:

I know where Raven Freak is coming from, see in NY like the 5 boroughs and the Island, manuals are a bitchhh, however if we had hills, plenty of straight aways with out lights and windy roads, I don't see how a manual wouldn't be fun?

I live in L.A.....and we trump you guys in traffic......(yeah I've been to and driven in NY for oh, maybe 15 times...)

I drive a manual CTS every day in rush-hour traffic and it doesn't bother me in the least. IF you know HOW to drive a manual properly, you learn that you don't have to always be on the clutch and shifter in rush-hour traffic. 2nd or 3rd gear is just fine for me in just about all slow rush-hour traffic....unless you have to come to a complete stop. The car will lug down to a crawl in 2nd or 3rd without having to dip the clutch....and the engine gives you plenty of revs to keep up with traffic when it speeds up for a bit....also without having to dip the clutch and upshift.

What a sweet car. Call it retro or whatever you want but it just goes to show that car design was much better when the original was designed. Nicely styled new stuff is so few and far between its terrible. Thank god for designers with soul who gave us these great looking cars all those years ago. I want one in white like Kowalski's in Vanishing point.

• 2 weeks later...