Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
6t5frlane

Ford Leads the Big 3

25 posts in this topic

Was just watching the " Nightly News " and they were talking about the reliabilty of cars according to Consumer reports. Ford 93% Chysler 67% and GM 49%. Thats ALL of there vehicles combined. I know you are all moaning about CR but the average joe see and hears this stuff and makes decisions based on it. They really gave Ford a thumbs up on the TV. Pretty amazing that any American Company gets a Thumbs up these days. They were even sayning that Toyota may have grown to quickly and and may falter in Quality. Wow

Funny how Chrysler scored higher than GM. Gm has way more models and brands but it's still funny.

Funny how Chrysler scored higher than GM. Gm has way more models and brands but it's still funny.

Especially with all the crap Chrysler catches around here.

GM also has more sales and more higher end models.

GM also has more sales and more higher end models.

well we must remember, these are selected persons that get these surveys... only those subscribe to consumer reports are eligiable. GM has over 90 models, so more likely, their data is the farthest from accuarcy, due to its broad line up, it has fewer responses per model.

Also, You must keep in mind most of these CR results are dated, we are probably seeing 2005 or 2006's model reliablity here... or if its 3 year reliablity then 2003 or 2004...

Same with toyota, the results are old, but you must consider Toyota's product blitz was 2006, so next year or the year after will really be telling of their reliablity.

this will be disatisfying news for my dad, that they had been giving toyota the blind eye and a thumbs up regaurdless... he has put lots of faith in them, and if they are accredible as, my last model was good, this next one should be... then they really dont add anything useful, and the magazine is a waste of his money (he's a toyota consumer)

well we must remember, these are selected persons that get these surveys... only those subscribe to consumer reports are eligiable. GM has over 90 models, so more likely, their data is the farthest from accuarcy, due to its broad line up, it has fewer responses per model.

Also, You must keep in mind most of these CR results are dated, we are probably seeing 2005 or 2006's model reliablity here... or if its 3 year reliablity then 2003 or 2004...

Same with toyota, the results are old, but you must consider Toyota's product blitz was 2006, so next year or the year after will really be telling of their reliablity.

this will be disatisfying news for my dad, that they had been giving toyota the blind eye and a thumbs up regaurdless... he has put lots of faith in them, and if they are accredible as, my last model was good, this next one should be... then they really dont add anything useful, and Toyota is a waste of his money (he's a toyota consumer)

Good for Ford. Now promote the heck out of this and try to get your sales going. :thumbsup:

I was shocked that Chrysler finished ahead of GM. Wow! :huh:

I was shocked that Chrysler finished ahead of GM. Wow! :huh:

I wasn't.

I WAS shocked that Ford came out on top, our company has three Fords, they sure must not have contacted us! LOL They are the worst of the bunch at our work!

Someone is going to have to explain to me how CR, even despite a much smaller sample size, produced results that DIRECTLY CONFLICT with the latest JD Power 3 year dependability survey.

Something, somewhere, is wrong.

-Mak

Someone is going to have to explain to me how CR, even despite a much smaller sample size, produced results that DIRECTLY CONFLICT with the latest JD Power 3 year dependability survey.

Something, somewhere, is wrong.

-Mak

JDP VDS only measures 3 YEARS OLD CARS (2005 MY) ... JDP IQS measures only BRAND NEWS CARS (2007 MY).

CR measures UP TO 3 YEARS OLD cars - meaning 2005-2007 MY.

Different focus, different cars - different results.

Igor

That statstic is exactly 180* of reality. Seriously, look around and think of relatives with Fords.

Shows how twisted CR is.

How the hell are they coming up with this lame "cover all" figure? WTH does that percentage mean? :huh:

That statstic is exactly 180* of reality. Seriously, look around and think of relatives with Fords.

Shows how twisted CR is.

How the hell are they coming up with this lame "cover all" figure? WTH does that percentage mean? :huh:

considering i never have to spend hardly any money on my fords, and they never fail me, the fact that someone is finally affirming their reliability is nice to have.

Shows how twisted CR is.

The % is the proportion of vehicles rated 'average' or above.

It may mean something, or nothing at all, depending upon how you regard their sampling & survey.

Looks like more good news for the Domestics...it's been their month so far. Ford must take the opportunity to use this data, regardless. Our Ford stores are mausoleums right now.

I believe the Chrysler bit...judging from personal experience.

I was talking with a friend of my boss' about American cars, he drives a Century. He told me he had a Plymouth Voyager he put more the 300,000 miles on it. Bullet proof reliability for him. the only reason he got rid of it is because he could see the road under he feet! As we, and many agree...cars are usually as reliable as the care you put into them.

I still believe these surveys as much as I have in the past. Not much at all. Even if they said GM was 100%, it wouldn't change my opinion about those surveys. However, it is still nice to see good numbers, for the simple fact that so many believe whatever the survey tells them to believe.

Mmm... Yeah... Funny how some of you guys can ignore CR one day and suddenly quote them the next. It's rare, but I completely agree with Sixty8. Fords, reliable? *falls out of chair* :P

CR is still full of crap but it's nice to see at least some positive news for teh many people who subscribe to it to read.

Speaking of Ford, I can't tell you how many last gen Tauruses I've heard with poor sounding engines...is that common?

Well believe whatever you want. People on car forums are not the ones influenced by this stuff. Non Car people are. That said it was amazing that in the same show CR gives Kudos to Ford and a smack at Toyota. GM looked pretty poor with ther " rating " and I was surprised at the Chysler rating

This just in: Here's the latest percentages on my popularity:

82% of the time my jokes are funny

69% of the time I'm too sexy for my shirt

77% of my cars are cooler than a '993' Porsche 911.... TURBO

oh, AND:

96% of my ex-girlfriend's broke up with me cause my d!ck was too big

Prove me wrong CR. :)

------------

DF: (about Taurus)

Screw poor sounding motors, how about transmissions & headgasket

replacements that are more frequent than the oil changes? :rolleyes:

This just in: Here's the latest percentages on my popularity:

82% of the time my jokes are funny

69% of the time I'm too sexy for my shirt

77% of my cars are cooler than a '993' Porsche 911.... TURBO

oh, AND:

96% of my ex-girlfriend's broke up with me cause my d!ck was too big

Prove me wrong CR. :)

I'll need to perform extensive testing.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0