Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Chrysler to cut numerous model

Flybrian

You are delusional... The Lucerne and Avalon are the ultra conservative large sedans in this segment. The 300's styling was never perceived or advertised as subtle. It was designed from the beginning to intentionally polarize and inject some blood into the Chrysler brand, which it did for a while. What you're mistaking as "conservative" was Chrysler's lack of quality, detail, and finish which left the 300 as a faux premium/luxury sedan that had RWD once the hip-hop fad faded away. Now the over publicized in-your-face 300 is dated and starting to rot on the vine with the rest of Chrysler’s neglected products.

He isn't the only "delusional" poster....

:rolleyes:

Here's a pic from a local LX cruise about a month ago, it made the TV news, papers etc. They happen all over, all the time, give me your area and I can give you the closest location so you can attend a "delusional" LX weekly gathering and meet some of the "delusional" owners who love their family sedans as much as Corvette/Viper/Mustang owners love thier cars....

Posted Image

LX cars are VERY popular today, maybe more than ever. They have a HUGE following. And the owners don't feel the need to insult other brand cars I find. Which I kinda like.

:AH-HA_wink:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the magnum as much as anyone too (except for the cabin claustrophobia and dreadful interior).

Good news!

My wife bought a Magnum that does NOT have "cabin claustrophobia", and it doesn't have a "dreadful interior".

It seats 5 comfortably- I'm not small, my best friend who is a diehard Chevy fan is 6'4" and 300 pounds, he loves it, and with the heated leather seats, dual climate control, rear DVD player, power everything and tremendous amounts of comfort it leaves me thinking maybe you should buy a Magnum from the dealership we bought my wife's car at.

It's a car almost completely opposite of what you post!

LOL

if dodge redid the interior and the front end of the magnum....i would seriously consider getting one.....but that does not include the half hearted 08 refresh. that did not go far enough.

Dodge dealers wouldn't give you 25 cents for your Aztec.

You can look at them at the dealership, but move along!

LOL

there are 14 chryco products on my block alone. at least 6 are from 2003+. I live in a suburb.

-2 chargers(06, 07)

-07 Sebring

-04 Concorde

-03 Durango

-06 Liberty

-99 Breeze

-99? Ram

-2 Cherokees (mid 90s)

-92? Shadow

-07 Grand Caravan

-98 Grand Voyager

-90? Dynasty

there are also 13 Gm products on my block...

-06 grand prix

-04 Malibu

-00 Escalade

-00 Jimmy

-98 Saturn

-66 Electra

-2 last gen monte carlos.

-05 Trailblazer EXT

-99 Grand Am

-07 Escalade

-last gen silverado

-03-05? Chevy Exploror(caravan)

It was designed from the beginning to intentionally polarize and inject some blood into the Chrysler brand, which it did for a while.

You are near Seattle?

Here, this is fairly local to you, and I can find a Seattle meet you can attend, maybe meet up at S.I.R. with a bunch of Lucerne/Avalon enthusiasts and do a Lucerne/Avalon vs MoPar LX meet.

Are you in?

You MUST be able to find a ton of Lucerne/Avalon enthusiasts willing to meet weekly and travel for a meet, right?

Post a response when and where you want to meet, I'll post it on a few LX forums and we can try to get the Lucerne/Avalon enthusiasts out, cruising and running at the track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see LX meets everywhere, here's one near you. Can you post some Lucerne/Avalon meet videos so I can have a look?

Check this one out! LOL Look at the 58/59 second mark in the video........

Edited by CMG

CMG you are apparently an idiot and obviously can't read. :rotflmao: :duh:

I said BrewSwillis was delusional for thinking the Chrysler 300 was "ultra conservative." :rolleyes:

All you've come back with are "enthusiasts" comments which are obviously not target buyers for "ultra conservative" cars. That just proves my point and contradicts BrewSwillis'... :nono:

Dodge dealers wouldn't give you 25 cents for your Aztec.

You can look at them at the dealership, but move along!

LOL

Considering how much inventory Dodge has in stock, the feeling must be mutual.

At least GM had the sense to stop producing the Aztek.... oh wait... Chrysler LLC is coming around to their senses... What was this topic about again??? :duh::smilewide::retard: :rotflmao:

And the Aurora was "dumped" in 2003 because IT "admittedly adds nothing" to the Oldsmobile brand too? Right? The Aurora was dropped was it not ???

Wow. That doesn't even deserve a response.

Strange, I've driven MANY Durangos, for long trips too, never was it "jerky, disconnected and unsteady". Did you drive one during an earthquake? Was the earthquake a 6+ on the richter scale?

A rental, a 2006, and it was very unenjoyable. Steering was very disconnected, brakes were mushy, just not an appealing package.

Actually, if you actually READ what I posted- I compare the Sebring to ANY vehcile GM puts out in the same class and find the Sebring much more attractive to own than what you attempt to portray.

It's not a Bentley, but compared to a Sunfire/Cavalier it's close....

Your opinion and that's fine. But the fact is that few people share it, hence why the Sebring is getting massive surgury soon.

LOL

You keep trying to smear a label on the Sebring. GM cars in the same price range don't have opulent interiors either. Have a look at the new Malibu interior and try to judge it with the same standards you apply to the brands that aggravate you.

I can look at a well equipped Malibu and say that's a nice interior. I just don't feel the same about the Sebring. And price range or not, Chrysler shouldn't really be competing in the entry-level segment anyway.

Maybe you are pregnant? Is this comment automotive related, or just silly?

If I'm pregnant, me and Sebring share similar looks.

Chrysler has luxury cars, mini vans, family sedans etc. It is a car MAKE as well, and has higher trim level vehicles as well as lower trim level vehicles.

This only serves to muddle brand identity.

Ummm..... I'm not a big fan of the Compass.

Where you get an impression I'm a fan I'll never know...

Because you keep acting like Jeep did such a great job on it.

Oh, and as for this...

Posted Image

...that's a Dollar rental lot.

Kidding. Laugh a little. :pbjtime:

Are you sure that's not Thrifty or Avis? One of those Chargers look like the rental I had when I went down to Portland. I couldn't get a GM car... They didn't carry any. :lol: Didn't find anything appealing about the 3.5l Charger except the small turning radius. My dog did like the back seat though. :thumbsup:

What you're mistaking as "conservative" was Chrysler's lack of quality, detail, and finish which left the 300 as a faux premium/luxury sedan that had RWD once the hip-hop fad faded away. Now the over publicized in-your-face 300 is dated and starting to rot on the vine with the rest of Chrysler’s neglected products.

You did write this didn't you? It has your name on the post?

Did I read it correctly, "once the hip-hop fad faded away". Are those your words?

:P

LOL!

The "lack of quality, detail, and finish" ( :rolleyes: ) sure attracts alot of enthusiasts.

LOL

You are SO predictable. The Aurora was dropped from production, why do you not think it was dropped because it (YOUR QUOTE) "admittedly adds nothing" to the brand IT comes from. The Aspen was dropped and the Aurora was dropped. Yet I'm sure you believe the Aurora was axed for some noble reason....?

You look at the BRAND of a vehicle, and THEN you form an opinion.

Don't you?

rental, a 2006, and it was very unenjoyable. Steering was very disconnected, brakes were mushy, just not an appealing package.

So you base your opinion one ONE rental vehicle? LOL Nice!

I can look at a well equipped Malibu and say that's a nice interior.

I can't. I think the new Malibu is a bit of a disappointment.

And price range or not, Chrysler shouldn't really be competing in the entry-level segment anyway.

Why? The Sebring is a decent car, it's just not outstanding in a positive or negative way IMO.

Cold, impersonal, and both of you don't have good social skills!

LOL

Haha

Post a link where I said that.

You CAN'T. Because I never said it!

:scratchchin:

Oh, and as for this...

Never seen many 12 second dead stock rental cars.

I better get a buck out, I wanna race those opulent gorgeous sports sedans in your sig!

LOL

OK, kidding...

(sort of)

Hahaha

LOL

You are SO predictable. The Aurora was dropped from production, why do you not think it was dropped because it (YOUR QUOTE) "admittedly adds nothing" to the brand IT comes from. The Aspen was dropped and the Aurora was dropped. Yet I'm sure you believe the Aurora was axed for some noble reason....?

You look at the BRAND of a vehicle, and THEN you form an opinion.

Don't you?

As GM explained when it announced the phaseout of Olds, it would continue to build individual models through their product cycles. Intrigue and Aurora ceased production because their powerplants were dropped (Shortstar in '02, Aurora in '03). Bravada moved to Buick as the Rainier, Silhouette and Alero ran their cycles.

So you base your opinion one ONE rental vehicle? LOL Nice!

You want me to purchase and own a vehicle for an extended period of time before forming any impression?

Why? The Sebring is a decent car, it's just not outstanding in a positive or negative way IMO.

Because Chrysler is trying to act like a premium manufacturer when its still churning out inappropriate crap like the 2.7l Sebring and 300.

Post a link where I said that.

You CAN'T. Because I never said it!

Acting like it.

This is pathetic! Act like adults! Personal attacks will get you no where. I am very ashamed of you Fly, you should be trying to stop this, not adding to the fire.

Please read back and see how this was a rather tame thread until right about here.

The C&G crowd is typically hilarious.... from reg (as always usual) on down the line......

And the whole "...that C&G crowd..." or "typical C&G blah blah" gets very irritating no matter where it originates from.

As GM explained when it announced the phaseout of Olds, it would continue to build individual models through their product cycles. Intrigue and Aurora ceased production because their powerplants were dropped (Shortstar in '02, Aurora in '03). Bravada moved to Buick as the Rainier, Silhouette and Alero ran their cycles.

So if you can give a rational type of explanation for the discontinuation of an Oldmobile model, why not have a similarly rational type of explanation for ANY vehicle?

A "joke" and "admittedly adds nothing to the brand as PROVEN by the fact it is being discontinued" isn't a very SUBJECTIVE assessment is it?

You want me to purchase and own a vehicle for an extended period of time before forming any impression?

To form such a strong and decisive opinion of a vehicle, for sure I think driving a vehicle other than one rental *might* be more appropriate.

Acting like it.

LOL

"Acting" like I think Jeep did a great job on the Compass?

I've actually posted quite the opposite to that....

I posted THIS, did I not...?

:scratchchin:

Ummm..... I'm not a big fan of the Compass.

Where you get an impression I'm a fan I'll never know...

This is pathetic! Act like adults! Personal attacks will get you no where. I am very ashamed of you Fly, you should be trying to stop this, not adding to the fire.

Name calling or what?

LOL

I take alot of punishment with a smile!

LOL

It's "do as I say, and not as I do" I guess. :AH-HA_wink: I stick to my automotive words, they do more damage!

Hahaha

:cheers: to everybody!

Please read back and see how this was a rather tame thread until right about here.

I don't think so.

I think the nonsense starts when a few C&Gers try their best to stir the pot, like I said, it's like insulting a car from another brand makes YOUR cars of choice better to you.

And the whole "...that C&G crowd..." or "typical C&G blah blah" gets very irritating no matter where it originates from.

Of course it does.

It's painfully accurate...

LOL

(Now YOU have a giggle! :P )

So if you can give a rational type of explanation for the discontinuation of an Oldmobile model, why not have a similarly rational type of explanation for ANY vehicle?

A "joke" and "admittedly adds nothing to the brand as PROVEN by the fact it is being discontinued" isn't a very SUBJECTIVE assessment is it?

Because its easier and far clearer to just say the Aspen is a joke because it is. Its duplication and badge engineering at its worst. It offers no unique features that seperate it from a fully-loaded Durango besides a set of wings, a waffle iron grille, and an analog clock. And the biggest travesty is seeing Chrysler dump the four dollars it spent making those changes into something that does absolutely nothing to improve its bottom line or other products.

Because its easier and far clearer to just say the Aspen is a joke because it is. Its duplication and badge engineering at its worst. It offers no unique features that seperate it from a fully-loaded Durango besides a set of wings, a waffle iron grille, and an analog clock. And the biggest travesty is seeing Chrysler dump the four dollars it spent making those changes into something that does absolutely nothing to improve its bottom line or other products.

Couldn't agree with you less.

DRIVE an Aspen. It's got a gorgeous interior. You like to smear Chryslers about interiors deservedly or not, yet the Chrysler with an actual real nice interior doesn't even get noticed by those who walk by. Nice interiors, nice driving, and I think the Aspen looks much better than the Durango's latest version. I think the Aspen is one of the best full sized SUVs there is. Classy exterior IMO, not "trying too hard". Sometimes "less is more" applies to styling, and I think the Aspen is a perfect example.

I would rather have the Durango axed and keep the Aspen.

A rental, a 2006, and it was very unenjoyable. Steering was very disconnected, brakes were mushy, just not an appealing package.

Your opinion and that's fine. But the fact is that few people share it, hence why the Sebring is getting massive surgury soon.

I can look at a well equipped Malibu and say that's a nice interior. I just don't feel the same about the Sebring. And price range or not, Chrysler shouldn't really be competing in the entry-level segment anyway.

This only serves to muddle brand identity.

Oh, and as for this...

NONO that is the remote storage lot for overproduction from the factory

Wow, it's been a while since I've seen a thread this big of a joke..... :rolleyes:

I think I've seen the same agrument for a few pages now....

Anyways, speaking of jokes, that pretty much sums up the Chrysler Corp right now.

They simply don't have the money to fix all of their mistakes in the last few years....Even Ford, struggling with its issues, doesn't have this kind of problem (or just not quite as bad)

You know there is a problem when you have to fire sale your cars in the Motor City.... :scratchchin:

You should see the rebates for some of these things around here...

They still make the Compass? I think I've seen two in the last few months....

They've given up on the Durango ads around here...there is a truckload at the local Dodge dealership...they've sold ONE in the last month...

THe only reason the Dakota sells around here is because you can lease one for around 100 bucks a month with very little money down...

Need I go on?

The only way they are going to be able to salvage other models is to start axing some...NOW.

The Compass and Aspen could go tomorrow-and no one would notice.

The Dakota could go till early next year...better at this point to close the plant then keep giving them away....

If there is any hope in new decent products, changes need to happen like...tomorrow. :yes:

LOL

Get yer nose outta his hose!

Ahh... Doesn't matter. I was both too early and too late to join in on the fun. Darn. :P

Here's a pic from a local LX cruise about a month ago, it made the TV news, papers etc. They happen all over, all the time, give me your area and I can give you the closest location so you can attend a "delusional" LX weekly gathering and meet some of the "delusional" owners who love their family sedans as much as Corvette/Viper/Mustang owners love thier cars....

Posted Image

LX cars are VERY popular today, maybe more than ever. They have a HUGE following. And the owners don't feel the need to insult other brand cars I find. Which I kinda like.

I completely get your point!

Posted Image

420+ Fieros. Ahh... :D

Haha... I still say Fly is one of the few people in this thread who has any ounce of credibility. I personally had a good laugh reading through this thread. I thought it was a bunch of friendly jabs. Personal attacks? Please... If you want a personal attack, I can show you a rather nice one. I'll give you a hint... It involves an innocent little vehicle you happen to own. :wink: :lol:

For real.

I completely get your point!

420+ Fieros. Ahh... :D

I don't think so...

LOL

You posted a picture from not JUST a "National" meet, but a 2003 INTERNATIONAL meet, which was dubbed "THE meet of the decade" for Pontiac enthusiasts....

The 20th Anniversary Show - Pontiac, Michigan - July 20-22 2003.

Mine was from the last WEEKLY local event near Ven.

I've rarley seen Fiero enthusiasts as in love with the car as you. More power to ya!

Hmm.

Seems to me the resident Chrysler fans are bit thin-skinned these days.

- Obviously the pentastar is in deep doo-doo these days, blame who you wish, the truth of that is undeniable.

- The sweeping generalization that C&G as a group hates Chrysler is as absurd as it is incorrect.

- While under the yoke of incompetent German management a huge number of opportunities to bring interesting product to market was stifled and it shows.

- Many of the recent actions of Chrysler management reek of desperation and recent products reek of mediocrity at best.

With all of that said, I'd love to see the vitality and creativity of the pre-DCX Chrysler return. Mopar was easily the most creative and vital domestic in terms of creativity during the '90s. I hope that with the German shackles removed they can regain some of that vitality. The status-quo is unsupportable and a great many of the products discussed in this thread deserve the axe.

Here's an example of what I'd like to see Cerberus do: redesign the LX cars to show a family resemblence to the upcoming Challenger. Specifically, I'd like to see the next Charger/Magnum adopt the '99 Charger concept's styling which would look great beside the new Challenger.

- The sweeping generalization that C&G as a group hates Chrysler is as absurd as it is incorrect.

Not as a group as in "as a whole", but about a dozen posters. Easy to spot.

Plain as day. Ask reg.

LOL

Seems to me the resident Chrysler fans are bit thin-skinned these days.

Nah, just giving a little back and seeing how THEY like it.

:rotflmao:

Edited by CMG

Here's an example of what I'd like to see Cerberus do: redesign the LX cars to show a family resemblence to the upcoming Challenger. Specifically, I'd like to see the next Charger/Magnum adopt the '99 Charger concept's styling which would look great beside the new Challenger.

Couldn't agree more.

Lots of the problems with "revamped" offerings at MoPar is the styling got WORSE- Dakota and Durango sure stick out in my mind.

Looks are important, as sales figures don't lie...

Dakota and Durango used to have very appealing styling, now they are simply ugly - no way around it.

Yup. And look at the sales of each.

The Durango they tried correcting a bit, but it's too little too late. I think the Aspen is better looking by a mile, the Dakota redesign was a complete disaster. It's the epitome of wrong way for styling.... from good to bad.

The Aspen does not belong in the Chrysler lineup, pure and simple. Take the chrome bits, the nicer interior, and maybe the tail lights and put them on the Durango...then discontinue the Aspen. That will help bring the Durango up to par.

Just rebadge the Aspen as a Durango?