Chrysler to cut numerous model

Flybrian

I think the Aspen name should continue but be applied to a different type of vehicle. Truck based SUV's are on the decline. I think Chrysler LLC should try to keep a well designed, full size SUV in the Dodge lineup for people who need this type of vehicle for transportation/towing reasons. The next generation Grand Cherokee can be enlarged to the same size to serve as a luxurious version of this platform to spread development costs, but have its own unique, upscale, brand specific exterior and interior design. The next generation Aspen should morph into a large all wheel drive crossover based on the rear wheel drive LY platform. This would give Chrysler something a little more brand appropriate. The truck based products belong in Dodge (mainstream, mass market brand) and Jeep (rugged, off-road capable niche brand; I see Jeep as Chrysler LLC's version of Land Rover or Hummer).

I think the Pacifica name could be applied to a smaller crossover based on the Dodge Journey platform. The vehicle should receive its own unique, upscale, brand specific sheetmetal and interior to differentiate it from the Journey (No this doesn't mean performing the same Grand Caravan to Town & Country badge engineering trick of applying a different grille, headlights, and upside down taillights to the Journey and calling it Pacifica).

I don't think the Aspen and Pacifica names are tainted enough to deserve to be dropped. I believe that stylish, beautifully designed, well built vehicles could salvage these two model names. It will require superior execution and promotion, but I think it could be done. The crossover market is red hot right now. Chrysler needs two (midsize and large) competitive vehicles in this segment to contribute to its turnaround.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda think the same of you.

I replied to your assertion the 300 was a fad that had passed. Maybe go read your own posts?

LOL

I know exactly what I posted. In your reply here you focused on the delusional comment I made. You either misunderstood what I was referring to or just took it completely out of context.

If you want to debate the "fad has passed" comment, then fine.

1) The buyers who made the 300 popular are no longer buying the 300:

a) The 300C & 300 SRT-8 are no longer considered as acceptable alternatives to BMW 5-series or Mercedes E-class sedans. The premium/luxury boat for the 300 has sailed and is long gone.

b) The Hip-Hop crowds are no longer using the 300 as its icon for fashion.

The "lack of quality, detail, and finish" ( :rolleyes: ) sure attracts alot of enthusiasts.

2) Your posts on LX meets are about the LX platform in general correct? Why is that? Because the enthusiasts you are focusing on are more interested in the meat of the vehicle than the aesthetics. They are just as satisfied with a Dodge or Chrysler (or probably a cheap Plymouth version if was one available on the LX with a V8.) Quality, Details, and Finish do not attract these type of enthusiasts. Performance, RWD, 0-60, modification abilities attract these type of enthusiasts. The platform is what draws them together, not the differences. They could care less about the available chrome trim, faux turtle plastic, or higher grade of leather in the 300 than the Charger (or a Plymouth version if it was available).

This type of enthusiast can be harmful to image, especially for the Chrysler brand. They perpetuate the image of badge-engineering and that Dodge and Chrysler sell the exact same product. Chrysler doesn't need that. Rental fleets don't care, but consumers do.

Chrysler didn't even have the intelligence to use a different trim for the 300 SRT-8 than the Dodge Charger SRT-8. Chrysler brought this badge engineered plague back upon itself. I understand the "Hemi" craze and Chrysler was cashing in on making that known on Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep but that put all of Chrysler's eggs in one basket. All of their brands rode the Hemi trend leaving what for when the mpg issue hit full force? Where is the brand with a "hybrid/fuel efficient" image? Where is the brand with a real "luxury" image? Where is the brand with a "practical" or "family values" image? All those images were abandoned for the sake of Hemi performance... Everything became: "That thing got a Hemi?" or it was trash. If it didn't have that engine, it wasn't competitive. Thankfully, not even Chrysler could destroy Jeep's image in one generation, but the overlap of cute-utes could eventually if they aren't cancelled and dropped soon.

Chrysler LLC is in disaster recovery mode, and I completely agree with Chrysler LLC's strategy in discontinuing the vehicles that overlap and blur the lines between Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep. For the Chrysler brands to survive, they each need distinct images with distinct products. They don't have that with the Durango/Aspen, Avenger/Sebring, Charger/300, and Caliber/Compass filling the lots. Chrysler's money making Caravan/T&C twins don't make the outlook any better with that market shrinking before our eyes.

If you're fighting for all these overlap products to have justification, then you're fighting against Chrysler itself. C&G members didn't make the decision, but majority of us agree with it.

1) The buyers who made the 300 popular are no longer buying the 300:

Can that not be said for ANY vehicle of ANY brand?

Those who have bought are no longer buying.... or do you think my friend who bought the 300 SRT8 bought it because he heard Snoop Dogg drives a Chrysler 300? LOL

I don't get it.

People who buy the Chrysler 300 that I meet IN PERSON have bought them because they love THE CAR.

If you think otherwise, hit the LXforums.com site and post it. I think you'll be surprised!

a) The 300C & 300 SRT-8 are no longer considered as acceptable alternatives to BMW 5-series or Mercedes E-class sedans. The premium/luxury boat for the 300 has sailed and is long gone.

Says who?

If you think a $75,000 BMW or Mercedes have an "acceptable alternative" in the Malibu, or Lucerne, or whatever.. I suggest the two groups of buyers- domestic and luxury import- are not "alternatives" that need acceptance. It's two different crowds.

Those who need a BMW keychain aren't going to settle for anything less. Those who love the Chrysler 300 don't want an import, or they can't afford a high dollar import if they did want one.

b) The Hip-Hop crowds are no longer using the 300 as its icon for fashion.

Who cares? Are you totally into hip hop or something? I've gone to a few meets, I've never heard ANYBODY talk about what the "hip hop crowd" is driving.

LOL

2) Your posts on LX meets are about the LX platform in general correct? Why is that? Because the enthusiasts you are focusing on are more interested in the meat of the vehicle than the aesthetics. They are just as satisfied with a Dodge or Chrysler (or probably a cheap Plymouth version if was one available on the LX with a V8.) Quality, Details, and Finish do not attract these type of enthusiasts. Performance, RWD, 0-60, modification abilities attract these type of enthusiasts. The platform is what draws them together, not the differences. They could care less about the available chrome trim, faux turtle plastic, or higher grade of leather in the 300 than the Charger (or a Plymouth version if it was available).

Sorry, but that sure isn't accurate at all.

If you think the LX owners are blind and would accept a poor product as far as fit and finish go, you are wrong.

Post pics of your door gaps, hood gaps, dash materials, etc etc and I'll post my wife's Magnum's.

You see WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE. If it is there or not.

:AH-HA_wink:

Chrysler didn't even have the intelligence to use a different trim for the 300 SRT-8 than the Dodge Charger SRT-8.

Yes.

Much unlike the SS.... Cobalt, Silverado, HHR, and anything else that will accept an SS sticker? LOL

SRT8 is a PERFORMANCE vehicle, they are built for PERFORMANCE. If you need a different dash in a Chrysler 300 SRT8 than a Dodge Charger SRT8.... wait... they are different dashes.....

LOL

Is the trim level of the SRT MoPars that important to you?

Chrysler LLC is in disaster recovery mode

As is every domestic manufacturer.

At least Ford and GM aren't coming out of a merger, but look at Ford and GM's debt load.

In most cases, an entirely new interior and a front and rear reskin can revive some interest in a car.

the unfortunate thing about the 300 is that the basic shapes and proportions of the car are so unique and pure, you cannot even reskin the car to change the look. There is no way to reskin the car to make it look sleek vs. brash and chunky, there is no way to make the windows larger, there is no way to put a fresh grille on it that would look right.

in terms of design, it is a good one but i think what chrysler could use now is something less brash, less heavy sided, less in your face. sleeker.

and there is no way to tweak the 300 to change the look to keep it fresh. so if everyone is tired of it, they are going to need to move it with incentives and cheaper pricing.

What would really sell this car right now is if they had a new 300hp v6 and 6 speed to put into it. take away focus on the hemi and make a push with a more competitive v6.

Edited by regfootball

Heh... Yep you're delusional. You contort everything that people say to fit what you want to believe... or not believe. That's fine... you're as bias as the people you accuse.

Doesn't matter, Chrysler will not be what it is now in a few years (for better or for worse)... which will be a good thing to me either way. Say bye to what you're so desperately fending for, because what you love is changing. My love for Chrysler Corp disappeared several years ago. I won't miss what it is in its current state. It's a far cry from what it used to be and what it could be.

GM isn't in anything near "disaster recovery" as Chrysler... GM solved many of its problems in the Union contracts ratification. Chrysler is just beginning and is several years behind GM and even Ford in turn-around efforts.

Personally, I think it's a long shot for Ford and Chrysler to survive. However when it's 'life or death', people and companies can surprise you.

At least Ford and GM aren't coming out of a merger, but look at Ford and GM's debt load.

Chrysler faces the very real potential of being broken apart and sold off by a private equity firm for a quick buck. Nardelli is, IMO, a horrible choice to helm this ship. That's the big issue.

Say bye to what you're so desperately fending for, because what you love is changing.

Really?

The MoPars that I mostly "LOVE" are pre-1965. I'm not really in love with the musclecar heydeys of 1966 to 1971 stuff.

So.... which pre-1965 MoPars are "changing"?

Chrysler faces the very real potential of being broken apart and sold off by a private equity firm for a quick buck.

SSSSHHHHH!!!!!!! Stop it!!!! Denial isn't a river in Egypt.

At least we're not on a Mopar/Chrysler board defending GM.

If what you suggest happens... that would suck for Jim Press... then again, there has to be a reason Wolfgang Bernhard declined the position.

Chrysler faces the very real potential of being broken apart and sold off by a private equity firm for a quick buck. Nardelli is, IMO, a horrible choice to helm this ship. That's the big issue.

Chrysler's merger and ownership is a worry, as is GM's financial debt. Ford's debt is worrisome too.

All three domectic manufacturers sure are in trouble, Toyota and Honda seem like they are being GIVEN the marketshare, they aren't having to earn it even.

Things gotta change with all the domestic manufacturers, 50 years ago people woulda laughed at Toyota surpassing GM in sales, now it ain't so funny, it's already happened, has it not?

Really?

The MoPars that I mostly "LOVE" are pre-1965. I'm not really in love with the musclecar heydeys of 1966 to 1971 stuff.

So.... which pre-1965 MoPars are "changing"?

Well good, Chrysler has already run its course for you... but that's probably true for most of its fans, since there isn't much to love now. I guess that's why Chrysler is in it's current state. :P

Chrysler's merger and ownership is a worry, as is GM's financial debt. Ford's debt is worrisome too.

Chrysler's situation is a big unknown right now. As of this evening, three more plants have rejected the UAW contract. There's a real complex set of dynamics involved because Ceberus is a private company that could in essence say who-gives-a-fig, sell everything off, and move on. That's a scary future. Remember how old cloud car tooling was sold to GAZ in Russia? That could be the future for other things, too. Also, Chrysler has minimal overseas operations to fall back on when the market turns down stateside. Throw in the scattershot portfolio and who knows where things might fall.

Ford has backlogged billions in debt from a massive loan taken out several years that it might not be able to pay off, is dropping market share like its going out of style, and is still trying to revitilize two brands while keeping Ford proper above water.

GM has some debt problems and probably still too much dependence on light-duty trucks in a factory capacity sense, but otherwise, the picture isn't nearly as bad. Most of the divisions are healthy or at least stable with Pontiac being the gamble, sales have stabilized even with lower fleet percentages and reasonable incentive spending, the new UAW contract went rather smoothly, etc.

I don't understand why Chrysler can't get off the damn carnival ride its been stuck on for decades. They've been whittled down to a point where they really can be fast an agile and respond quickly to the market but they somehow refuse to. I don't get it. The potential is there, its the follow-through that's non-existent.

All three domectic manufacturers sure are in trouble, Toyota and Honda seem like they are being GIVEN the marketshare, they aren't having to earn it even.

Things gotta change with all the domestic manufacturers, 50 years ago people woulda laughed at Toyota surpassing GM in sales, now it ain't so funny, it's already happened, has it not?

Nope. Toyota is trending down slightly for the year compared to GM, who is seeing big gains in southwest Asia, China, and South America. GM will again remain #1 for the seventy-whatevereth straight year as it well should.

Nope. Toyota is trending down slightly for the year compared to GM, who is seeing big gains in southwest Asia, China, and South America.

What about NORTH AMERICA?

To say 50 years ago anybody thought Toyota would rival GM as the #1 car manufacturer for North Americans seems impossible to me.

TOYOTA.

*stunned* *still*

What about NORTH AMERICA?

To say 50 years ago anybody thought Toyota would rival GM as the #1 car manufacturer for North Americans seems impossible to me.

TOYOTA.

*stunned* *still*

Blame the sheeple who somehow still think the Corolla is a class-leader.

One persons ceiling is another persons floor. Chrsler is the baasement whether you like it or not. Using the 300 is the $h!tiest attempt to support any

of your claims. No $h! people like them but look at the sales. Open your eyes for a second.

If they were so hot they wouldn't have to fleet more than half of them. They might be worse han the sonata.

Face the facts, all the people that want them have them already and that's it.

Don't take it so personally, that's just the way it is.

Here is an article that claims that "Japanese" cars surpassed GM, but that would be Toyota AND Honda, which makes me wonder why they combine the two brands.... but still, isn't the GM camp worried the Japanese cars are going to keep taking new car buyers away when the "Consumer's Reports" style magazines almost seem to PUSH the consumer to foreign cars?

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/04/05/japanes...cle-production/

One persons ceiling is another persons floor. Chrsler is the baasement whether you like it or not. Using the 300 is the $h!tiest attempt to support any

of your claims. No $h! people like them but look at the sales. Open your eyes for a second.

If they were so hot they wouldn't have to fleet more than half of them. They might be worse han the sonata.

They "fleet" the 2.7 V6 and 3.5 V6 cars.

The ENTHUSIASTS have little interest in those they tend to opt for the R/t 300C 5.7 Hemi and SRT8 6.1 Hemi cars.

People are still BUYING the performance versions, they still buy the V6 cars, so to say "ALL the people who want them have them already" just *MIGHT* be an exaggeration, wouldn't you say?

Can't blame the "sheeple", they are being FED that information from the media.

Oh yes the media...They are all encompassed by the same group. THe eeeevil Mediiiaaa. Wooooooo.

Grow up. The fact that you see, read or hear contrary opinions really makes that argument sound dumb. And, yes, that includes your own

innput right here and now,

Go ahead start up yoour own "media". I'm sure you can find enough people to support your opinion. Here's a inernet mesage board. Go ahead and type away.

Do you sense the irony from the sarasm? But really, start your own outlet it still is a free country.

Oh yes the media...They are all encompassed by the same group. THe eeeevil Mediiiaaa. Wooooooo.

Grow up. The fact that you see, read or hear contrary opinions really makes that argument sound dumb. And, yes, that includes your own

innput right here and now,

Go ahead start up yoour own "media". I'm sure you can find enough people to support your opinion. Here's a inernet mesage board. Go ahead and type away.

Do you sense the irony from the sarasm? But really, start your own outlet it still is a free country.

Let's try this Floyd.

Read this, I'm not "up" on new age Chryslers, and have no idea about the production numbers. YOU claimed they "weren't selling" any 300s, and that everyone who wanted one already had one.

I guess Google for me has proven YOU ARE A BIG FAT LIAR. No insult intended, it's just the truth. Sorry.

Read this link, try to lie your way out of it.

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php?actio...cat&catid=6

Calling names when you are wrong and caught lying is expected, so I'll be nice on ya.

Maybe you should look in the mirror when trying out the "grow up" ad hominem attacks?

Look at the fleet sales.

I already did Floyd.

YOU posted

And I googlesearched and noticed they are still selling. All the LX cars are.

Now, was what you posted a BIG FAT LIE, or an exaggeration as I tried suggesting, or both?

Face the facts Floyd....

Well then, let's keep it "simle" then shall we Floyd?

Answer the question, did you lie, or exaggerate, or both? Are the 300 Chrysler still selling?

Yes or no?

:retard:

No, they're "not" selling

All spelling "aside" they are being whored out. Sorry to burst your bubble. Time to move on. Check the "facts"

:lol:

Edited by FloydHendershot

allpar sounds unbiased. :lol:

Check fleetcentral.

Not a club of a few tenths of a percent of a sample.

Chryeler is in a world of hurt and if you even own a car like thatyou should keep on to it. They might only be found in museums sooner than later.

If you think the FACTS and production numbers are wrong, then post what you feel is right.

If I haven't quoted what you said properly, then post a quote and a link.

If you feel another site can prove your theory that every person who wants a 300 already owns one", then post a link to where the Chrysler 300 non-fleet sales are down to zero.

Unless you LIED, or EXAGGERATED.

:retard:

No, they're "not" selling

All spelling "aside" they are being whored out. Sorry to burst your bubble. Time to move on. Check the "facts"

You owe me more than a cookie!

LOL

Maybe a bag for all your unecessary insults!

:P

I have a feeling you don't know how to read production numbers.

Can I help you in any way?

yeah, hysterical. Look at the numbers instead of harping on my spelling and typos. When it comes down to it that's all you got...a few typos and spelling errors. Sorry, webster, but by all means, check the facts.

Hey, I don't like it either, no need to get pissy.

And FYI last I checked they were over 50%. But I'm sure they are doing just fine if the recent actions are any clue. :smilewide:

Edited by FloydHendershot

Much like Chevrolet.

HHR SS excluded of course!

:rolleyes:

LOL!!!!!

Heh... Last I checked, Chevrolet was still the #1 selling brand in the US... and its sales are growing dramatically globally...

I know Chrysler LLC's sales are dropping in the US, but how are they globally????? Oh yeah... that's right. They aren't really global are they. :rotflmao:

I have a feeling you don't know how to read production numbers.

Can I help you in any way?

Forget production numbers...

For 2006, 46% of Dodge sales were fleet.

For 2006, 42% of Chrysler sales were fleet.

For 2006, 21.2% of Jeep sales were fleet.

2006 Fleet Sales percentage:

Chrysler Sebring sedan: 72.4%

Chrysler Sebring Conv: 75.7%

Chrysler Crossfire: 29.2%

Chrysler PT Cruiser: 50.2%

Chrysler PT Cruiser Conv: 37.8%

Chrysler 300: 27.6%

Chrysler T&C: 25.7%

Chrysler Pacifica: 34%

Chrysler Aspen: 9%

Dodge Stratus: 84.6%

Dodge Charger: 37.3%

Dodge Magnum: 51.6%

Dodge Caravan: 45.3%

Dodge Caliber: 35%

Dodge Nitro: 50.6%

Dodge Dakota: 17.3%

Dodge Durango: 37.1%

Dodge Ram: 9.6%

Dodge Sprinter: 36.1%

Jeep Compass: 11.5%

Jeep Liberty: 28.6%

Jeep Grand Cherokee: 24.9%

Jeep Commander: 14.5%

That sinking feeling isn't your stomach, it's Chrysler LLC. New product isn't catching on, and old product is dropping like a brick, while only being propped up by fleet sales. Why do you think Chrysler LLC can cut back 100,000 vehicles from production without the dealers screaming? 2007 is even worse than 2006.

Post the 07 fleet numbers so far please. 06 was a BAD year for chrysler. I can completely expect Stratus to hav 84%. Unfortunately I am leaning more on the side of the GM people being that CMGs credibility is becoming very uncredible. But I will say this. Chrysler is in a bad spot because of the mediocre products put out under DCX. The Sebring is not as bad as you make it out to be. It is a quite comfortable car. Anyway, If Chrysler LLC will cut models in order to create new and much improved ones, I am ALL for it.

This thread has gotten to the point where any sense of logic is gone with the wind and has now been replaced with either bias, insults, or general stupidity.

My final post on this thread is this: GM is undoubtedly in the best shape of the Big 3. The truth is in the numbers and considering it's posted gains lately, combined with products that are steadily improving, shows this. GM also, for the most part, knows how to act quickly when they need to, and how to make use of their global resources. Look at how fast Saturn was turned around, and look at how they managed to get a hold of Zeta.

Ford is deeper in the sh*t than anyone. It has no idea what to do with its brands, there's way too much overlap, far more than at Chrysler or GM. It has global resources that produce excellent vehicles, yet can't seem to figure out how to make use of them. It could do to Mercury with Ford Europe what GM did to Saturn with Opel...but it doesn't. It has ancient platforms, vehicles that have been left to rot in the market, pointless vehicles, many vehicles that have uncompetitive powertrains, and no real sesne of what to do besides rename a few vehicles. They have no clear plan and nothing drastic seems to be happening. Meanwhile they hide in their denial, believe Mercury, for example, is doing great as it is.

Chrysler has a lot of problems...from vehicle overlap to mostly lousy interiors to uncompetitive powertrains that shouldn't exist anymore (2.7, 1.8 ), to Chrysler brand's identity crisis. However, Chrysler is in

But Chrysler isn't as stupid as many of you believe. The interiors have been cheap for the most part, but what other company makes such clever use of the available space? Not only that, but build quality is generally very good. All they need to do is improve their general design and overall materials and the interior would be much better. It may already be starting to happen, as good things have been said about the materials in the Journey. at the same time, we know Chrysler is working on a new family of V6 engines that will be more powerful and more fuel efficient. The other thing is that we know things are going on at Chrysler, we know changes are being made and things are going to happen. How well they will work is anyone's guess, but at least something is happening unlike at Ford. If they can figure what what to do with Chrysler brand and make the improvements they need to, they can pull out of this. One more thing...look at Chrysler's losses compared to Ford's...and some of you think Ford is in better shape? I'd love to know what you're smoking.

And with that, I'll just read and enjoy the muds slinging for the remainder of this thread...you know...unless we actually can have an intelligent discussion.

Edited by Dodgefan

.. Unfortunately I am leaning more on the side of the GM people being that CMGs credibility is becoming very uncredible. \

Mostly we have had some good natured discussion. Eventually it always gets a little out of hand -- this IS the Internet after all. The topic here really is the short term changes at Chrysler. WE won't know the long term changes for quite a while. I hope those changes mean that the Dodge Caliber's successor has a better powertrain than a Hyundai developed engine and unpleasant CVT transmission.

Mostly we have had some good natured discussion. Eventually it always gets a little out of hand -- this IS the Internet after all. The topic here really is the short term changes at Chrysler. WE won't know the long term changes for quite a while. I hope those changes mean that the Dodge Caliber's successor has a better powertrain than a Hyundai developed engine and unpleasant CVT transmission.

I guess I'll do another post XD

I hope they don't wait until the next gen to upgrade the Caliber's powertrain. I think the 2.0 and 2.4 are fine engines that make reasonable power, but the CVT needs to go...only Nissan has any real success with them and even then a lot of people don't like them. It robs the engines of their power and feels very unnatural. I think the 2.0 should get a 4-speed and the 2.4 should get a 6-speed. I would drop the 1.8 all together as I think it's too weak and bussy for anything besides fleet-only.

This thread has gotten to the point where any sense of logic is gone with the wind and has now been replaced with either bias, insults, or general stupidity.

My final post on this thread is this: GM is undoubtedly in the best shape of the Big 3. The truth is in the numbers and considering it's posted gains lately, combined with products that are steadily improving, shows this. GM also, for the most part, knows how to act quickly when they need to, and how to make use of their global resources. Look at how fast Saturn was turned around, and look at how they managed to get a hold of Zeta.

Ford is deeper in the sh*t than anyone. It has no idea what to do with its brands, there's way too much overlap, far more than at Chrysler or GM. It has global resources that produce excellent vehicles, yet can't seem to figure out how to make use of them. It could do to Mercury with Ford Europe what GM did to Saturn with Opel...but it doesn't. It has ancient platforms, vehicles that have been left to rot in the market, pointless vehicles, many vehicles that have uncompetitive powertrains, and no real sesne of what to do besides rename a few vehicles. They have no clear plan and nothing drastic seems to be happening. Meanwhile they hide in their denial, believe Mercury, for example, is doing great as it is.

Chrysler has a lot of problems...from vehicle overlap to mostly lousy interiors to uncompetitive powertrains that shouldn't exist anymore (2.7, 1.8 ), to Chrysler brand's identity crisis. However, Chrysler is in

But Chrysler isn't as stupid as many of you believe. The interiors have been cheap for the most part, but what other company makes such clever use of the available space? Not only that, but build quality is generally very good. All they need to do is improve their general design and overall materials and the interior would be much better. It may already be starting to happen, as good things have been said about the materials in the Journey. at the same time, we know Chrysler is working on a new family of V6 engines that will be more powerful and more fuel efficient. The other thing is that we know things are going on at Chrysler, we know changes are being made and things are going to happen. How well they will work is anyone's guess, but at least something is happening unlike at Ford. If they can figure what what to do with Chrysler brand and make the improvements they need to, they can pull out of this. One more thing...look at Chrysler's losses compared to Ford's...and some of you think Ford is in better shape? I'd love to know what you're smoking.

And with that, I'll just read and enjoy the muds slinging for the remainder of this thread...you know...unless we actually can have an intelligent discussion.

AMEN!

Heh... Last I checked, Chevrolet was still the #1 selling brand in the US... and its sales are growing dramatically globally...

I know Chrysler LLC's sales are dropping in the US, but how are they globally????? Oh yeah... that's right. They aren't really global are they. :rotflmao:

Sales for Chrysler are increasing all over the world.

Hit that link and READ.

Or post a link that says otherwise...?

It's almost like you guys think I care how many 2007-2008 Chrysler vehicles sell.

I don't.

I have to google search to see if you guys are telling the truth or lying, because I'm not "up" on current happenings, slaes figures etc... but evertything posted here seems to be a tad bit on the LYING side, or EXAGGERATED. The only way I find out is by doing searches.

GM is the #1 selling brand in the US for now I think- but that doesn't look like it's gonna be the case for long unless Toyota shoots itself in the foot.

GM is an amalagation of many different brands too you have to remember...?

Forget production numbers...

For 2006, 46% of Dodge sales were fleet.

For 2006, 42% of Chrysler sales were fleet.

For 2006, 21.2% of Jeep sales were fleet.

2006 Fleet Sales percentage:

Chrysler Sebring sedan: 72.4%

Chrysler Sebring Conv: 75.7%

Chrysler Crossfire: 29.2%

Chrysler PT Cruiser: 50.2%

Chrysler PT Cruiser Conv: 37.8%

Chrysler 300: 27.6%

Chrysler T&C: 25.7%

Chrysler Pacifica: 34%

Chrysler Aspen: 9%

Dodge Stratus: 84.6%

Dodge Charger: 37.3%

Dodge Magnum: 51.6%

Dodge Caravan: 45.3%

Dodge Caliber: 35%

Dodge Nitro: 50.6%

Dodge Dakota: 17.3%

Dodge Durango: 37.1%

Dodge Ram: 9.6%

Dodge Sprinter: 36.1%

Jeep Compass: 11.5%

Jeep Liberty: 28.6%

Jeep Grand Cherokee: 24.9%

Jeep Commander: 14.5%

That sinking feeling isn't your stomach, it's Chrysler LLC. New product isn't catching on, and old product is dropping like a brick, while only being propped up by fleet sales. Why do you think Chrysler LLC can cut back 100,000 vehicles from production without the dealers screaming? 2007 is even worse than 2006.

I would like to know if you are calling FloydHemderson a LIAR...?

He said 100% was fleet sales on the 300, that NO new 300s were being bought by the public, everyone, and I do mena EVERYONE who "wanted one had already bought one" according to Floyd.

So, is he lying, or exaggerating?

LOL!!!!!

Your posted data says approximately 27% of Chrysler 300s were fleet sales. Where did the other 73% of the Chrysler 300s go?

*waits for insulting replies that don't answer the questions*

I think it's been relatively good natured too.

:cheers:

I drove a Caliber, it's drivetrain is not what I would call a strong selling point, but neither are the Caliber's looks IMO.

I guess it's a "package deal"...?

LOL

but the CVT needs to go...only Nissan has any real success with them and even then a lot of people don't like them. It robs the engines of their power and feels very unnatural.

The snowmobile guys LOVE the CVTs.

So I suggest keep them in the snowmobiles!

They aren't actually as bad as they first seem IF you give the vehicle more gas than you are accustomed to in a regular transmissioned vehicle. They seem to suck power because they want more gas pedal, at least the one I drove did.

Which can't be great for gas mileage....

Unfortunately I am leaning more on the side of the GM people being that CMGs credibility is becoming very uncredible.

I've yet to see ANY "credibility" from YOU.

They jack-ass you on your car all the time and you lie down and take it until someone comes to your defense in most cases.

If you think I'm becoming "less credible" with FACTS, post a link, or point to the FACT where you think I am wrong.

Otherwise I'll jump on their bandwagon, insult your car a few times as being the worst built piece of junk on the planet and blend in with the crowd...?

Would that raise my "credibility" rating with you?

I would like to know if you are calling FloydHemderson a LIAR...?

He said 100% was fleet sales on the 300, that NO new 300s were being bought by the public, everyone, and I do mena EVERYONE who "wanted one had already bought one" according to Floyd.

So, is he lying, or exaggerating?

LOL!!!!!

Your posted data says approximately 27% of Chrysler 300s were fleet sales. Where did the other 73% of the Chrysler 300s go?

*waits for insulting replies that don't answer the questions*

Going way to overboard dude.