Chrysler to cut numerous model

Flybrian

I've yet to see ANY "credibility" from YOU.

They jack-ass you on your car all the time and you lie down and take it until someone comes to your defense in most cases.

If you think I'm becoming "less credible" with FACTS, post a link, or point to the FACT where you think I am wrong.

Otherwise I'll jump on their bandwagon, insult your car a few times as being the worst built piece of junk on the planet and blend in with the crowd...?

:AH-HA_wink:

Would that raise my "credibility" rating with you?

Look up credible on google why don't you...You show facts and then completly steamroll through here like everyone should always agree with you. I choose not to participate to the forum in such an "in your face" way. I am just here to show my opinion as calmly and as professionally as possible. If people want to attack my car, I dont care. I know from my own expierience that I love the car and will not let people on the internet get me completely upset as they have clearly gotten to you.

Go to a Chrysler forum if you can't handle various opinions on cars.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've yet to see ANY "credibility" from YOU.

They jack-ass you on your car all the time and you lie down and take it until someone comes to your defense in most cases.

If you think I'm becoming "less credible" with FACTS, post a link, or point to the FACT where you think I am wrong.

Otherwise I'll jump on their bandwagon, insult your car a few times as being the worst built piece of junk on the planet and blend in with the crowd...?

Would that raise my "credibility" rating with you?

Now play nice, Ravenfreak's car has kinda grown on me.

Go to a Chrysler forum if you can't handle various opinions on cars.

I listen to ALL opinions on all sorts of cars.

Somebody INCORRECTLY stated that 300s did NOT sell to the public any more. He said they were ALL fleet sales, "everybody who wanted one already had one".

That wasn't stated as his OPINION, that was stated as "FACT". He SAID HIMSELF it was "fact", and that was "just the way it was".

Which it isn't.

So I called him out on it.

Strange NOBODY can post a link to back up his claim, as I am sure EVERYBODY realizes it was an exaggeration/lie.

It's not a big deal, I think it's kinda funny, and I just yank his chains (with HUMOUR) about it. My feathers aren't ruffled in the least!

Besides, when I wake up tomorrow I get into my CHEVROLET and drive to work.

I'm not a fan of new Chryslers except the LX cars and stuff they make that I can't afford.

:P

Edited by CMG

Forget production numbers...

For 2006, 46% of Dodge sales were fleet.

For 2006, 42% of Chrysler sales were fleet.

For 2006, 21.2% of Jeep sales were fleet.

2006 Fleet Sales percentage:

Chrysler Sebring sedan: 72.4%

Chrysler Sebring Conv: 75.7%

Chrysler Crossfire: 29.2%

Chrysler PT Cruiser: 50.2%

Chrysler PT Cruiser Conv: 37.8%

Chrysler 300: 27.6%

Chrysler T&C: 25.7%

Chrysler Pacifica: 34%

Chrysler Aspen: 9%

Dodge Stratus: 84.6%

Dodge Charger: 37.3%

Dodge Magnum: 51.6%

Dodge Caravan: 45.3%

Dodge Caliber: 35%

Dodge Nitro: 50.6%

Dodge Dakota: 17.3%

Dodge Durango: 37.1%

Dodge Ram: 9.6%

Dodge Sprinter: 36.1%

Jeep Compass: 11.5%

Jeep Liberty: 28.6%

Jeep Grand Cherokee: 24.9%

Jeep Commander: 14.5%

------

Ouch thats pretty bad. And of those retail sales how many are purchased by employees. That is a grim picture and

the new management doesnt look up to the task. Ill keep the fingers crossed for their sake but thats just bad news.

They should all look like Jeeps numbers.

Any idea of the fleet sales numbers for GM or Ford? Or Toyota?

Is it just Chrysler that has fleet sales in the 40% range?

I coulda sworn Ford trucks were high sales numbers every year because of their fleet sales... isn't that how many said they achieved the "best selling truck" label?

OK, I google searched fleet sales, and a few things astonish me, but don't realllly surprise me.....

The fleet sales car champion? It's GOTTA go to the Crown Vic! 91.3% fleet.

WOW!

Cop cars and government agencies keep that baby rollin!

Chrysler Crossfire at 70% really DOES surprise me though. Who/what companies are buying Crossfires? It can't be police/taxis, won't be rentals in large numbers I wouldn't think....

Anybody know?

Jeep fleet sales aren't high because they don't have a large market in fleet sales though.

It's not something a rental car company or a work force would generally go after?

Don't infer something I didnt say.

I dont care why their numbers are low, I merely stated thats what they should look like.

Any idea of the fleet sales numbers for GM or Ford? Or Toyota?

Is it just Chrysler that has fleet sales in the 40% range?

I coulda sworn Ford trucks were high sales numbers every year because of their fleet sales... isn't that how many said they achieved the "best selling truck" label?

Yes, I do but Im not talking about GM or Ford. The chrysler fleet sales are ridiculous even by Detroits standards and so I dont wind up in one of these Vietnams that already have taken place thats all I have to say on this. Ive been down that road before and generally speaking it takes away from the site, even if you are having fun throwing peanuts or however you put it.

Edited by Mr.Krinkle

For 2006, 46% of Dodge sales were fleet.

For 2006, 42% of Chrysler sales were fleet.

For 2006, 21.2% of Jeep sales were fleet.

2006 Fleet Sales percentage:

Chrysler Sebring sedan: 72.4%

Chrysler Sebring Conv: 75.7%

Chrysler Crossfire: 29.2%

Chrysler PT Cruiser: 50.2%

Chrysler PT Cruiser Conv: 37.8%

Chrysler 300: 27.6%

Chrysler T&C: 25.7%

Chrysler Pacifica: 34%

Chrysler Aspen: 9%

Dodge Stratus: 84.6%

Dodge Charger: 37.3%

Dodge Magnum: 51.6%

Dodge Caravan: 45.3%

Dodge Caliber: 35%

Dodge Nitro: 50.6%

Dodge Dakota: 17.3%

Dodge Durango: 37.1%

Dodge Ram: 9.6%

Dodge Sprinter: 36.1%

Jeep Compass: 11.5%

Jeep Liberty: 28.6%

Jeep Grand Cherokee: 24.9%

Jeep Commander: 14.5%

That sinking feeling isn't your stomach, it's Chrysler LLC. New product isn't catching on, and old product is dropping like a brick, while only being propped up by fleet sales. Why do you think Chrysler LLC can cut back 100,000 vehicles from production without the dealers screaming? 2007 is even worse than 2006.

The first half of 2007 shows the Chrysler 300 fleeted at 44%. I stated originally they were over 50%, I stand corrected. The increase says enough.

Sales for Chrysler are increasing all over the world.

Hit that link and READ.

Or post a link that says otherwise...?

Wait until Chrysler finally cuts production and fleet sales this fall/winter... that won't be the case.

It's almost like you guys think I care how many 2007-2008 Chrysler vehicles sell.

I don't.

I have to google search to see if you guys are telling the truth or lying, because I'm not "up" on current happenings, slaes figures etc... but evertything posted here seems to be a tad bit on the LYING side, or EXAGGERATED. The only way I find out is by doing searches.

Your handicap, not ours. You're the one starting a gunfight with a knife.

GM is the #1 selling brand in the US for now I think- but that doesn't look like it's gonna be the case for long unless Toyota shoots itself in the foot.

GM is an amalagation of many different brands too you have to remember...?

My comment was Chevrolet Brand specific... not GM as a corporation. Look it up. Chevrolet outsells everything in the US... and Toyota isn't even close to overcoming Chevrolet in the US for Brand sales... :rolleyes:

Toyota Brand Jan-Sept 2007 sales: 1,168,505

Chevrolet Brand Jan-Sept 2007 sales: 1,748,548

All of Chrysler LLC combined Jan-Sept 2007 Sales: 1,578,823

Toyota Brand Jan-Sept 2007 sales: 1,168,505

Chevrolet Brand Jan-Sept 2007 sales: 1,748,548

All of Chrysler LLC combined Jan-Sept 2007 Sales: 1,578,823

To be honest I wouldn't have dreamed that Chrysler would be NEAR that many sales.

:scratchchin:

Are you sure?

OK, I google searched fleet sales, and a few things astonish me, but don't realllly surprise me.....

The fleet sales car champion? It's GOTTA go to the Crown Vic! 91.3% fleet.

WOW!

Cop cars and government agencies keep that baby rollin!

Chrysler Crossfire at 70% really DOES surprise me though. Who/what companies are buying Crossfires? It can't be police/taxis, won't be rentals in large numbers I wouldn't think....

Anybody know?

Umm..yea. They don't sell Crown Vics retail anymore....

And the anwser to the other question is that they are on an Avis lot in florida.....

Chrysler-UAW Deal in Trouble

full article

I read that, but the company makes good points. While it's going to cut 2 or 3 models, it plans to add new models to segments that it doesn't compete in and really needs to. (true compact CUV, possibly larger CUV, subcompact).

Edited by Dodgefan

I read that, but the company makes good points. While it's going to cut 2 or 3 models, it plans to add new models to segments that it doesn't compete in and really needs to. (true compact CUV, possibly larger CUV, subcompact).

I tried to include more of the article, but after two attempts failed, I quit. I wanted to post the part where the union renegades were using Press' statement of model eliminations to vote it down. Just what we are talking about here. Interesting stuff. This must be a new experience for Press?

I tried to include more of the article, but after two attempts failed, I quit. I wanted to post the part where the union renegades were using Press' statement of model eliminations to vote it down. Just what we are talking about here. Interesting stuff. This must be a new experience for Press?

Yeah, in the article it mentions that union leaders seemed to have forgotten the statement that new models would be created and instead focused only on the fact that models were being cut.

Jeez...on the first page alone there are people suggesting to can the entire Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep lineup.

Jeep: Commander and Compass should go. If the Dakota is going, Jeep should be given a truck. I think it would sell better.

Chrysler: Aspen and Crossfire need to go. The Pacifica should definitely stay along with the Sebring. One needs to be updated, the other improved. Drop base 300 models, too. PT Cruiser needs to be dropped and replaced with a nicer, more Chrysler-ish small-to-midsize car.

Dodge: Drop the Dakota only if Jeep will get a midsize truck. Keep everything else but base models of the Charger and Magnum.

Improve the interiors of everything.

I think Chrysler sometimes shoots themselves in the foot without realizing it. I'm not really sure why the Compass came out, they could have let the Caliber try out the waters for it's own sake and IF it became hugely successful then a Compass might be a good idea.

There are sure alot of overlapping Jeeps/Chryslers in the SUV department. Is the Pacifica still selling?

• 3 weeks later...

It is truly idiotic to say that the Commander should be cut. I have seen more of these on the road then a Escalade or Suburban or any other rebadged GM product.

The problem is that it required heavy incentives to get the Commanders to sell. I like the Commander, it's a real Jeep, but I just don't think there's room in the amrket for it. Although I'd rather seen the Caliber knockoffs die first.

i am a gm fanatic, but i do drive a jeep grand cherokee myself. im just glad the jgc will be around! shame about the commander though if they do decide to discontinue it. i think its a great looking suv. dimensions are pratically the same inside, but whats wrong with having two very diferrent styles inside and out?

me thinks its no different than choosing between an acadia or enclave.

i am a gm fanatic, but i do drive a jeep grand cherokee myself. im just glad the jgc will be around! shame about the commander though if they do decide to discontinue it. i think its a great looking suv. dimensions are pratically the same inside, but whats wrong with having two very diferrent styles inside and out?

me thinks its no different than choosing between an acadia or enclave.

The Commander is pretty nice..too bad they didn't lengthen the wheelbase to have more leg room for the 3rd row. I've got an '00 GC and have thought about upgrading to a GC CRD...

Edited by moltar

Chrysler should cut the PT Cruiser, Sebring, 300 models other than the C, Aspen, Crossfire and Pacifica.

Dodge should cut the Caliber, Avenger, non 5.7 Magnum and Chargers, Durango, Dakota, Nitro, Sprinter and should redesign the Ram.

Jeep should cut the Compass, Liberty, Patriot and Commander

That will leave them with just their competitive vehicles.

Exactly. Esp. the Compass and Caliber.

Chris