Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

XM Radios to Be Standard on GM Models

6 posts in this topic

XM Radios to Be Standard on GM Models

Associated Press 10.18.07, 9:55 AM ET

WASHINGTON -

XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. said Thursday General Motors Corp. will install its radios as standard equipment on all 2008 Buick, Hummer and Saab models.

Satellite radio providers are increasingly looking to preinstalled radios in cars to boost subscriber numbers as retail sales slide.

XM is already standard on most of GM's 2008 Saturn, Chevrolet, GMC and Pontiac models.

XM and rival Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. (nasdaq: SIRI - news - people ), which is trying to buy XM, have non-overlapping deals with all of the major carmakers.

XM shares edged up 9 cents to $15.60 in early trading.

Why don't they make HD receivers standard as well? Does anybody even offer factory HD radio?

No Cadillac?

I don't mind, as long as they upgrade their antennas to body-coloured at least.

This is good news: XM should be ubiquitous, and soon it will be in GM vehicles.

I guess it depends on what your music preferences are, but we find XM to be far superior to Sirius, so I hope if there is a successful merger completion that XM alternative and Top 40 music is not lost in the mix. Sirius is just flat-out substandard in this department.

We are able to compare the two quite frequently. My woman's brand new BMW 3 with 3,500 miles has Sirius and my 100K-mile Chevy has XM.

Why did I throw in the odometer readings? Because, I wanted steal an opportunity to give GM a quick thumbs-up: The Bimmer, with it's mortgage-like monthly payment has been in the shop twice for repairs (including a major multi-system electronic failure) and my 100k-mile, paid-off-long-ago Chevy has never had anything but regular maintenance..... LOLLLLL

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0