Can Y'all Say Savannah, GA?

Does anyone live near Savannah, Georgia. I am looking at a piece of property that is about 12 miles south of Savannah (Yes Bob It's a gated community again) that I'm seriously thinking about buying. If I do, I will sell my house in Delaware. If you live in Savannah or have lived there give me a PM.

Here is where I'm looking: http://www.thelandings.com/lifestyle/video.cfm

Savannah is one of the nicest cities in the US to live in if you have money, from what I hear. Will be a real change of pace from Delaware.

Can't get more old south than Savannah.

Chris

My Aunt and Uncle actually live in that very same community. I have only been there twice, but each time we had a blast. It is absolutely gorgeous, very quiet, and very safe. They moved there about 4 years ago when my Uncle retired. I've only golfed there once, I think there are something like 5 golf courses, but the golf was excellent. My Uncle and Aunt love it, they've got their boat in a marina nearby (I haven't yet seen the boat, they didn't have that yet when I was down there), their house is gorgeous, they boat, play tennis, and generally live the good life all year around.

Never been to Savannah, but would love to go...

Well there we have it... I'll go down and take care of the place for ya at least 2 weeks out of the year :D That way we can kill 2 birds with one stone (Your need of security and my need of a vacation :sign0200:)

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Living in Delaware for 8 years now (oh, and southeastern PA for a large part of the last 4)...I've never been to Georgia, but also have never heard anything but great things. Parents and relatives have said it's a gorgeous area in general, climate and otherwise, and I work with a guy at home who is always talking about how his parents moved to a place near Savannah "and were able to buy land & build an incredible house for what you'd pay for a dump in lower Delaware". So, he obviously thinks highly of it, with a Delaware prospective.

Planning of land & then a new home? Definitely gets you the all important very southern climate, and also from what I've been told, and area that's both beautiful and without extreme overpricing (or at least not used to).

• 1 year later...