Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Top Gear Goes To The "Deep South"

14 posts in this topic

I never laughed so hard!! I was watching Top Gear. They came to America and had the task of traveling over several states, and buying a American car for a 1,000. Guess what.. reality set in! They had to really go to the low end of Miami to find one. They went to the "hood" and found cars. The car salesmen who sold them cars carried a gun. They said thought they were going to find an Oldsmobile Cutlasses and American muscle cars. They saw cars used are not cheap here. They found a Lincoln Town Car and cost too much.

They gave commentary on 2000 Buick LeSabre saying it was an idiot car built by idiots. They finally found cars. One had 1980's Dodge Ram truck, one had A late 1980's early 1990's Chevrolet Camaro RS with a 5.0 liter V8, and one had a 1989 Cadillac Brougham. They called the Cadillac Brougham the Titanic and commenting about its size. They really had commentary on American cars. If called the truck the hillbilly mobile, the Cadillac the pimp mobile. They kept calling the cars by these awful names. Then they drove 800 miles to New Orleans.

The Cadillac was the most comfortable despite its issues. If they thought those cars were big, I hate to think what other Europeans and others outside the US think about our cars and the size of them. They had to find road kill and eat it. They found a squirrel and dead cow. They then saw how well built the Cadillac was. It then got scary. They painted things on each other cars that would get them shot. One car had Hillary for President and one had Country Music sucks, NASCAR Sucks, Man Love Rules(painted in pink), and they were in Alabama when this happened. They got stares on the highway. When they stopped in this small town in Alabama, things got really nasty. These people in this town started harassing them. They asked them were they gay. Then they yelled things at them. This one woman said she was going to go get the boys. Then these people started chasing them, throwing rocks at them and the camera crew and the got out of there quick! They then went took soda(Coca Cola) and washed all the paint off all the cars. They said they have never have been so scared in their lives. They now understand about the "deep South". The state sign that said Welcome To Alabama had gunshot holes.

They made it to New Orleans. They were in for a shock. They saw how bad Hurricane Katrina was. They saw how devastated New Orleans was. They said it was sad. They asked how could the rest of America sleep when New Orleans was in such sad shape. They said the media coverage they saw did not begin describe things.

I had I Toronado I could have sold them. They would have had the Oldsmobile they wanted..LOL!

Welcome to like 5 months ago. :P

In the end they all loved their respective cars. Funny this is that (if I remember correctly) the Ram was the only one of the 3 with no issues. It just had sucky breaks.

Edited by Dodgefan

Welcome to like 5 months ago. :P

I had never seen it before. The show used to come on another cable channel. I saw for the first time tonight. Don't kill the mood sir.

I had never seen it before. The show used to come on another cable channel. I saw for the first time tonight. Don't kill the mood sir.

http://www.youtube.com

Edited by Dodgefan

The Brits are jealous because they have no car industry to speak of, and what little they do have is owned mostly by Americans and Germans. My how the mighty have fallen! First they lost their Empire, then they lost their Car Industry and soon they will lose Scotland, as it is about to break free of British rule. :yes:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

The Brits are jealous because they have no car industry to speak of, and what little they do have is owned mostly by Americans and Germans. My how the mighty have fallen! First they lost their Empire, then they lost their Car Industry and soon they will lose Scotland, as it is about to break free of British rule. :yes:

Meh... We're not far behind IMO.

We, as a nation, have already started to shrivel and die.

Why are you sending that to me? That means nothing to me...

It allows you to watch Top gear videos ahead of their debut on local tv. :AH-HA_wink:

It allows you to watch Top gear videos ahead of their debut on local tv. :AH-HA_wink:

...and they're starting to crack down on it.

Better place here: www.finalgear.com. They're the latest ones and get posted once it's shown.

...and they're starting to crack down on it.

Better place here: www.finalgear.com. They're the latest ones and get posted once it's shown.

Toni, you hit it right on the money. I went there today and find it, and a lot of them have been removed. Not the best place Dodge Fan. Not a good suggestion at all. I will take BBC America and a DVR..

Toni, you hit it right on the money. I went there today and find it, and a lot of them have been removed. Not the best place Dodge Fan. Not a good suggestion at all. I will take BBC America and a DVR..

Well fine then :P

Someday, when we get cable again, I will do the same anyway ;)

Hilarious episode...I tiVoed it last night and just watched it... I liked the music also, there were several tracks from the 'Collateral' and 'Miami Vice' movie soundtracks.

Edited by moltar

You know, for the level of provocation they sought, nothing really much happened to them. Kind of adds a touch of irony to their goal there.

I was actually kinda scared for them when they stopped at the gas station. What they had painted on the truck was hilarious.

But BBC America sucks. They don't play Monty Python anymore.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0