Caption this image

Intrepidation

Wait a sec... how can that be safe? The exhaust has to be sealed until it gets to the back of the car to get rid of carbon monoxide, etc. Plus, carbon buildup exiting from the actual tip of the pipe will accumulate in the bumper cover/faux tips and blacken that area pretty quickly. I am confused here. Can someone honestly explain this photo?

Wait a sec... how can that be safe? The exhaust has to be sealed until it gets to the back of the car to get rid of carbon monoxide, etc. Plus, carbon buildup exiting from the actual tip of the pipe will accumulate in the bumper cover/faux tips and blacken that area pretty quickly. I am confused here. Can someone honestly explain this photo?

the lower could be a fake tip and pipe?

From the Edmunds test drive:

There's also something about the gimmicky styling. The most telling trace of disingenuousness can be found in those stacked quad exhaust "resonators," as Lexus describes them. We discovered that not one of the chromed ovals is directly plumbed to the muffler and are instead part of the rear fascia. They're there just for looks.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drive...rticleId=123125

I owned an '06 IS250 and I can tell you, my '08 CTS's interior blows that thing away!! The IS's inside rear-view mirror vibrated badly when the sunroof was open, love that build/structural quality!! The plastic on the door grip had hard edges (something GM would be cruisified for by the automotive press)! And how about that fake carbon fiber they are using on the doors and console that Inside line is praising as a nice break?!! Something else the domestics would be ridiculed for! At least this wasn't a glowing review!

Anyone really surprised? This is the same crap ricers pull.

And look:

Posted Image

For $60k, you get the same junk switchgear your 2007 Corolla has. Nothing better than ALL AUTO screen printed onto the 'authentic' trim panel to add that touch of class.

I would hardly call "Alluminized Composite" Authentic. Sounds like fake carbon fiber to me!!

What what what?!?

Where is the hooting and jibber jabber over the rubbermade garbage can lid?!?

Posted Image

At least Cadillac put some effort and style into theirs.....

Posted Image

Actually, that's not the CTS's cover, at leat the new one's. I'm at work so I can't post it, but IMO it looks better than either of those.

Unless I've missed something, The CTS is the only car with a tower brace that actually is styled to look like something nice instead of just some ugly black pole stuck in there.

I agree, Cadillacs Tower brace for stiffer front end does look very nice. The Lexus does not even look like it has a Tower Brace? :scratchchin:

The style is nice looking if it was really attached and functional it would be awesome, but this face face is pathetic and I hope more people realize that and bash Toyota / Lexus for that.

I wonder if Lexus has a flow of Air going to that area to flush out the deadly gas build up? I can just see the lawsuits of death by CO2. :stupid:

I think the IS-F is ugly and the interior of the IS is rather cheap, too many shared parts with Toyotas. But the fake exhaust tips aren't much worse than the fake air vents on the Cadillacs or Buicks. Lexus and GM are just trying to dress up their cars to chase Mercedes and BMW that make cars that are expensive and not just try to look the part.

But the fake exhaust tips aren't much worse than the fake air vents on the Cadillacs or Buicks.

Fake air vents (especially fake hood vents) are definitely retarded, but these fake exhaust tips are well beyond any fake air vent I have ever seen. It's just wrong what Toyota has done here. It would take next to nothing to make them real, yet Toyota has blatantly left it this way. It almost makes me think perhaps the IS-F Edmunds received had a manufacturer defect where they left those out on accident.

And the IS-F interior looks like a Camry interior. The TSX interior trumps it whole-heartedly, starting at $28k.

I think the IS-F is ugly and the interior of the IS is rather cheap, too many shared parts with Toyotas. But the fake exhaust tips aren't much worse than the fake air vents on the Cadillacs or Buicks.

The vents on a few of the buicks and caddies are functional. I know they aren't on the Enclave, but I think the Lucerne's are.

Edited by Oldsmoboi

That is so freaking cheap. My caption is "Look some idot spent 60K on a $h!ty Jap car that doesn't even have its exhaust tips connected!" The interior in it doesn't look that great, and yes the window switches are from a Corolla. How cheap are they getting? Plus the whole IS-F is UGLY! So Toyota for a 60K screwing you can afford a little extra stainless steel? Or would the price increase by 5 percent. Morons, what a stupid over site.

Edited by gm4life

I think the IS-F is ugly and the interior of the IS is rather cheap, too many shared parts with Toyotas. But the fake exhaust tips aren't much worse than the fake air vents on the Cadillacs or Buicks. Lexus and GM are just trying to dress up their cars to chase Mercedes and BMW that make cars that are expensive and not just try to look the part.

Ventiports have been a styling trait for Buick for ages. There's nothing wrong to follow heritage.

But Lexus did it to please the ricers. Now that is wrong.