Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

1970 Cheverolet Caprice commercial

9 posts in this topic

Cool, but I gotta say I like the '71-'72 better in terms of looks.

Sweet commercial.

I kinda like the looks of the '75-'76 ... especially the convertibles ... as well as the '77-'79s.....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I want a 2-tone Chevrolet" ... BJ Thomas ... '2-Car Garage'

Sweet commercial.

I kinda like the looks of the '75-'76 ... especially the convertibles ... as well as the '77-'79s.....

"I want a 2-tone Chevrolet" ... BJ Thomas ... '2-Car Garage'

I like the '70 full-size Chevy cars, but this year seems very rare to see around. I still see the odd '69 or the '71-'73 body style. I wonder if GM had build quality issues in '70, or perhaps a strike? After '72 when the bumpers became huge, I thought GM and Ford gotten beaten with an ugly stick. Very few of the vehicles from '73 onward in Detroit survived the 5 mph bumpers! Some, like the full-sized Fords and the Monte Carlo were absolutely ghastly.

I remember when my father traded in his '69 300 for a '76 LTD. I wanted to kill myself. :lol:

My mother drove her '67 Caprice until '76 or so - until the Tremclad rust paint became so hideous on the light blue paint that the neighbors passed around a petition to have the car shot.

My parents had a 1970 Bel-Air which was the cheap version of the Caprice. The bodies on these things were not very good. I remember my dad every fall redoing the spots that rusted to make it look good for another year. Until the frame broke. I know that frames break on these also. Theirs blew the head gasket at 93,000 miles on a 350 V8.

1970 may have been a short production year for the big Chevys, it was the last year of an old bodystyle and I'd bet the '71s arrived early.

i almost bought a 76 red convert caprice until a voice from the passenger seat said "NO, We don't need another CAR!!"

its amazing how much details changed year by year back then as compared to now. i like the convertibles the best.

i almost bought a 76 red convert caprice until a voice from the passenger seat said "NO, We don't need another CAR!!"

*chuckles*

And you listened to that voice? ;) he he

When I was in TX in October 2004, a few of us went to a classic car dealer ... found a white '75 Caprice convertible with red interior for sale. I wanted to buy it and take it home...but, not enough funds.....

"A concrete fascination scraping the edge of nothing" ... White Zombie ... 'Black Sunshine'

This is a little off but I was looking at 1984 Buick LeSabre the other day that was for sale. If only I had the place and money.......... It was the same color scheme as the 1985 Caprice. Light blue with the dark blue vinyl top and the dark blue interior. And it was nearly perfect. Like I said about the 1970 cars. They were nice but the rust prevention wasnt there.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0