Pontiac G8 got redesigned already

ZL-1

They could have a G8 picture there. Having Bugs bunny instead of the G8 is ridiculous.

Well the caption's correct though... Although I do recall G8 having a mouse-over slide.

Point being GM's webmasters are just not up to the job. They had the nerve to say my car has 20hp, and they leave pics of the manual shifter and comments "Available 6-speed manual" in the G6 section when the option was discontinued early last year.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I am currently in the market for 08 Grand Prix, and I know the Pontiac.com is screwed up. A few days ago, me and my buddy was building my car, and for about $24,925, it had leather, sunroof, fog lights, and ABS included, but the next day, when I build it again, that price never showed with any interior listed, the next day, Leather changed to cloth, talk about inconsistancies. Well, I don't care much about the G8 so....

Hey, I am currently in the market for 08 Grand Prix, and I know the Pontiac.com is screwed up. A few days ago, me and my buddy was building my car, and for about $24,925, it had leather, sunroof, fog lights, and ABS included, but the next day, when I build it again, that price never showed with any interior listed, the next day, Leather changed to cloth, talk about inconsistancies. Well, I don't care much about the G8 so....

Ohhhhhh, I'm really liking you now!!!!! :yes:

Oh, I'll be happy about that too. :AH-HA_wink:

It's a done deal anyway, the GP is dead.

Chances are, they will keep the Impala and kill the better version which is Grand Prix since GM and Mr.Luts(Pontiac Hater) only cares about Chevy. Impala probably will go on without GP which is RIDICULOUS.

I work towards two goals, to slow the Zeta platform down, and then eventually watch it die! It seems the 1st goal is coming to fruition, the Zeta is already starting to look old, even before it goes on sale. :smilewide:

Such a sad and pointless pursuit, you want to kill the only platform that can give non-Caddy buyers a real car.

Yet you love that rental queen FWD pile of a car which is already dead. :stupid:

I'll never understand your position on Zeta - it makes no sense at all.

Yet you love that rental queen FWD pile of a car which is already dead. :stupid:

I'll never understand your position on Zeta - it makes no sense at all.

Is it dead? I'm starting to hear rumors to the contrary, and I do love it, it's true. As for me Zeta is Holden and Holden is Zeta, I won't drive anything designed and engineered there, no matter where it's built.

Is it dead? I'm starting to hear rumors to the contrary, and I do love it, it's true. As for me Zeta is Holden and Holden is Zeta, I won't drive anything designed and engineered there, no matter where it's built.

That would be a fine distinction to make if GMNA got off its lazy ass and designed/built something comparable here. As it is they have nothing to offer in that vein. Fact is, America forgot how to build American cars - so what choice are you offering?

Alpha (the only other RWD offering in the pipeline) will also be designed in OZ - you planning to boycott it as well?

I don't know what Holden did to you that makes you dismiss such nice cars out of hand, but it must have been pretty bad for you to ignore the obvious merits of Zeta.

As for me, the Grand Prix GXP will be my last Pontiac I will buy after 22 years of buying Pontiacs. The moment they got into bed with Holden, was it for me. With that said I'm 85% sure I will be getting a Cadillac CTS or CTS-V as my next car in 2010 with a 15% chance that I will be getting the yet to be unveiled new Opel Vectra and having it shipped back to the USA when I return permanently. If Cadillac should go the way of Pontiac, I will drive BMWs until I die.

That's what I will choose to do, as for you, you will have to find your own way. :smilewide:

1. It's a sedan

2. It's a Caddy

3. It costs too much

4. I don't like the styling

5. I like performance cars, not luxury cars

6. Sigma's days are numbered anyway.

If GM had let Chevy, Pontiac, Buick have Sigma from the start, we wouldn't be arguing.

You know as you get older, you're supposed to let your old tired wrinkled body enjoy some comforts in life, such as spending big bucks on a Cadillac luxury sedan. That's what it's all about, you start at Chevy and you end at Caddy as you progress through life. You're clinging on to a way of life that belongs to someone 20 years your junior. Come on Gramps, move along, you're blocking the flow of the GM Corporate model. :AH-HA_wink:

Who's arguing, I thought we were having a discussion? :P

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

You know as you get older, you're supposed to let your old tired wrinkled body enjoy some comforts in life, such as spending big bucks on a Cadillac luxury sedan. That's what it's all about, you start at Chevy and you end at Caddy as you progress through life. Your clinging on to a way of life that belongs to someone 20 years your junior. Come on Gramps, move along, you're blocking the flow of the GM Corporate model. :AH-HA_wink:

Who's arguing, I thought we were having a discussion? :P

Oh c'mon! I not exactly farting dust at 44!

The Caddy thing has never appealed to me.

If that line of thinking is still the GM model, it needs an update - badly!

Oh c'mon! I not exactly farting dust at 44!

The Caddy thing has never appealed to me.

If that line of thinking is still the GM model, it needs an update - badly!

The very fact that you're farting at all speaks volumes! :P You know very well that GM still thinks it's customers should progress up through the brands, Yes Virginia, even today, from 1927 to 2007, that business model hasn't changed one iota. :rolleyes:

The very fact that you're farting at all speaks volumes! :P You know very well that GM still thinks it's customers should progress up through the brands, Yes Virginia, even today, from 1927 to 2007, that business model hasn't changed one iota. :rolleyes:

If that is really true, it explains much of the stupidity.

But not your objections to Holden.

If that is really true, it explains much of the stupidity.

But not your objections to Holden.

How much time do you have? :P Perhaps someday I will print on these forums my insider's story about Holden/Pontiac and why I opposed the evil merger.

But today is not that day. I am home because my father had a stroke back in June and I had him moved to a hospital here in Delaware, but this week he started bleeding from the stomach so he is back in intensive care, which is why I am home 3 days earlier than I should be. See my life is not all peaches and cream as some think.

In any event I need to go relax, so I am going to go wash my Pontiac Custom-S, A body. Washing my cars always relaxes me. :yes:

See y'all later! :smilewide:

08 Grand Prix will be my last Pontiac as well. Unless they bring back the Firebird, or the likes of Fiero, even 6000(updated of course). It is my third Pontiac already and I am the die hard, loyal fan of Pontiac and all, but, Mr. Luts, so called, Pontiac Hater, is just forcing me to walk away from my favorite brand. I know the zeta platform and Holden are very good platform and very good car, but to me, it is only workable in Australia. It doesn't work for me for U.S. well, at least for me.

They should really learn to use the US resource of designers to design their cars rather than relying oversea counterparts. If they want to sell the G8 here, that car really needs some rework in styling both inside and out.

Ever since Mr.Luts took charge, Pontiac is in a steady downfall and only ONE brand is prospering. The Chevys. If he really kills Pontiac in this fashion, after I get my 08 Grand Prix, and when it comes to buying my next car, I may have to give the Europeans a nod(which are far more expensive, since I hate the Japanese and I will never get it, and NEVER a chevy). Luts is succeeding in losing the loyal Pontiac Fan. Though one person will be nothing for them, but, if he continue to turn the American car maker such as Pontiac as nothing more than the copies of the cars made by down under, GM will lose the potential customers one by one, and later, will only have Chevy as their lone brand, which is ridiculous. They already screwed up Saab, and Buicks also losing some of its potential models, now they are killing their performance division by turning it into Aussie car maker.

Bad Move Bad Move, and you have yet made another big mistake again Bobby Luts. Killing Firebird was enough, don't screw up again.

Edited by Diehard GrandPrix Fan

That model is outmoded. Many folks are brand-loyal all of their lives.

More importantly, many of us are configuration-loyal.

For me that means 2doors, RWD, manual, and V8. For others it could mean any other configuration.

I would prefer to buy Pontiacs and Chevys. But, I like certain BMWs and cars like the Challenger. When the time comes to buy, I will review my all-too-limited choices and decide.

I would probably "settle" for a Camaro, but will never buy a CTS or G8 because they are sedans.

How much time do you have? :P Perhaps someday I will print on these forums my insider's story about Holden/Pontiac and why I opposed the evil merger.

But today is not that day. I am home because my father had a stroke back in June and I had him moved to a hospital here in Delaware, but this week he started bleeding from the stomach so he is back in intensive care, which is why I am home 3 days earlier than I should be. See my life is not all peaches and cream as some think.

In any event I need to go relax, so I am going to go wash my Pontiac Custom-S, A body. Washing my cars always relaxes me. :yes:

See y'all later! :smilewide:

I'm really sorry to hear about your dad, and I wish him (and you) the best.

I do get the washing the car thing.

That model is outmoded. Many folks are brand-loyal all of their lives.

More importantly, many of us are configuration-loyal.

For me that means 2doors, RWD, manual, and V8. For others it could mean any other configuration.

I would prefer to buy Pontiacs and Chevys. But, I like certain BMWs and cars like the Challenger. When the time comes to buy, I will review my all-too-limited choices and decide.

I would probably "settle" for a Camaro, but will never buy a CTS or G8 because they are sedans.

Yes I know, I use to be brand loyal, but Lutz has killed that for me by bringing in Holden, Pontiac is no longer Pontiac because of that one move. Lutz has lost me as a loyal buyer of Pontiac. Not one thin dime will ever go to Pontiac from me ever again, and as you see, I don't seem to be alone in that regard. Tick, Tock! :AH-HA_wink:

Yes I know, I use to be brand loyal, but Lutz has killed that for me by bringing in Holden, Pontiac is no longer Pontiac because of that one move. Lutz has lost me as a loyal buyer of Pontiac. Not one thin dime will ever go to Pontiac from me ever again, and as you see, I don't seem to be alone in that regard. Tick, Tock! :AH-HA_wink:

Well, it's no secret that I love Holden's products. I just wish that the right ones would come here.

I'd love to see a domestically designed and built lineup of RWD Pontiacs and Chevys, but GM is taking their global nature seriously these days and Holden has the nod for RWD. So, I have no choice but to endorse Holden (badge in NA notwithstanding).

In my honest opinion, if Luts really wants to IMPORT Holden, he should establish its OWN division under GM, not using the current, already established, classic division as his excuse to bring them in. To me, that's cheating, for all the Pontiac Fans. I am not saying Holden's are bad cars, but if they want business here, they should build their own store to do business, rather than BURROWING, and using the well-established store to take easy way out selling THEIR products.

Well, that's how I see it, this so called GLOBAL project is not only ridiculous, but absurd, and STUPID that should have NEVER have brought up in the first place for ANY GM Division. Period.

In my honest opinion, if Luts really wants to IMPORT Holden, he should establish its OWN division under GM, not using the current, already established, classic division as his excuse to bring them in. To me, that's cheating, for all the Pontiac Fans. I am not saying Holden's are bad cars, but if they want business here, they should build their own store to do business, rather than BURROWING, and using the well-established store to take easy way out selling THEIR products.

Well, that's how I see it, this so called GLOBAL project is not only ridiculous, but absurd, and STUPID that should have NEVER have brought up in the first place for ANY GM Division. Period.

You have much to learn.

I just found this in Google, from the site called gmtvfeedroom.com. The Korean version of the G8, and personally, I think this version even looks better than all the G8 pics floating around. The interior is nice and dark, and in ONE color, unlike that ugly red and black seats that looks too wild for any age for the $28,000 car. If G8 looks something close to this, then I have no problem, I would still want the Grand Prix to sell as 09 in ADDITION to G8, but since GM WANTS to make the foolish mistake again killing it, oh well....

http://gmtv.feedroom.com/?skin=oneclip&amp...78885cd0&rf

Thank you. Well, yeah, that was the pic that the magazine had. It looks pretty much the same to the Statesman so I guess I got confused with the 2. Still, it looks far better than the G8 we are going to see in US. Hopefully G8 gets some major, major restyles done to both inside and out(esp, interior) before they ship it to here. Since current G8 looks pretty disgusting.

I personally think this version: http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/revitali...iacria/g8.shtml looks way better since it looks like it's an updated version of the current Grand Prix which in my opinion, is the most BEAUTIFUL car that I am getting this December. I hope the production G8 goes in that direction in terms of styling and hope esp, the interior gets re-done completely, since I absolutely hate the current interior which is a garbage. For a $28,000 car, it is just too over-done and busy, too wild. I am not sure if this is believable or any real, but I hope it is accurate.

I still hope 2008 isn't the last for Grand Prix. I hope GM changes their mind about Grand Prix, since it is one of the last remaining, American Designed, Pure Pontiac that I love. Cut above the same bodied Chevy Impala(that I hate) and anything in it's price range in my honest opinion. (I don't care much about the power since GM is known to give the most powerful engine only to its BABY, Chevy).