Ignorant Toyota Ass

So I'm on one of my aviation forums and I get to a discussion about GM vs. Toyota... someone provoked me about Toyota's superiority, so I posted this:

Explain why the Interiors of the 2008 Malibu, 2007 Aura, and Ford Taurus are favoured over the Camry in terms of quality?

Lexus has the Emotional Appeal of A Public Golf Course compared to any Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Cadillac, hell even Buick. Toyotas are unsubstantial tin cans with quality issues that people are too ignorant to even bother to find out about...

TACOMA and TUNDRA- Tailgates Buckling under 160lbs of Weight. I have NEVER seen a GM, Ford, or Dodge truck that had a tailgate you couldn't sit on.

RAV4, Carolla, and Camry L4- Engine Sludge issues that people were told to sign NDAs about by Toyota.

FJ Cruiser- Frame Rips under unmodified reasonable use.... How do you screw up BOF??

Tundra- V8 Reliability Concerns regarding violent Camshaft Failure.

Tundra- Bed and Frame Flex under normal 'truck use'

ES350/Camry- Bad Airbag Abatement Sensor causing injuries.

Camry/ES350- homicidal floor mats

Avalon - transmission issues

Sienna - engine sludging, transmission issues, door issues

4Runner - ball joint failures, steering linkage failures

Prius, Tacoma- Non Floormat related Sudden Acceleration under investigation by the NHTSA.

Camry V6- No longer recommended due to reliability issues.

All the While, Ford, Mercury, Buick, Cadillac, and Lincoln have proved Enormous strides in both reliability and Quality, but in the eyes of rice humpers, it's still the 1980s. They're (Toyota) attacking GM and Ford for mistakes made in the 1980s, and they're going to slam Detroit things they've already made better on while hiding their own issues through NDAs, payoffs, and a questionable recall policy. Hypocritical and Below-the-Belt. They don't want to forget the mistakes of the 20 years ago and using them as a crutch to sell cars, well than it's a two way street, and I won't forget Pearl Harbor next time I go car shopping. Sorry if that sounds harsh or wrong, but It's just how I feel about where my money goes when I buy a car.

And to top it all, no matter how North American Toyota tries to make you think they are... their 13Bil$ Profit doesn't stay in the continent.

No matter how you try to justify it you're not helping your own economy, Toyota is not a North American Company, and you're just wiring your money to Japan Co, home of the most biased, protectionist economy in the world, where our companies are forced to compete with one less leg, if at all. In the grand scheme of things, this does the USA, Canada, and Mexico absolutely no good. When I buy an American car, be it Ford, GM, or Chrysler, I am also making a statement of where I want my money to end up when the tally sheets are counted.

No American Car my Family has owned has ever been unreliable, left us stranded, or done any less than what was asked of it. And I will continue to reward those companies with my business and hard earned money no matter what anyone else says.

Give me my 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier over a new Toyota ANY DAY.

Posted Image

Posted Image

He Replied

Are you sure you're not a redneck from the south? Who cares about where the car comes from... It's a global market... I want the most reliable car for the best money... the whole Pearl Harbor is absolutely ridiculous, as well. Japan has been one of our strongest Allies, Canada included

I Replied
I used the Pearl Harbor as a for instance to counter Toyotas ludicrous ads... I don't support the way our companies are treated in Japan, and so I don't directly support the Japanese Economy when possible... That includes buying HP and Dell Computers, and RCA Home Theatre when possible.

Someone Else Replied

Pretty valueless picture considering that the biggest truck Toyota makes is a 1/2 ton. I don't see a 1500 pulling that trailer, so your arguement is totally worthless. Of course they're going to have to use someone else's truck. Truth is, the Duramax trucks are the best out there right now (except for IFS). I'll bet you probably don't want to admit it's a Japanese designed engine, do you?

What doesn't make sense to me is that nobody hears about your "problems" vonGMWhore. I am around a dozen Ford and Chevy racing fanbois every day, who easily beat your knowledge about automobiles in a heartbeat, and none of them have ever heard about those. Sure, we all know about the floormats, the 3.0's headgasket problems, the ball-joints on the Tacoma and pre-07-Tundra platforms, but we haven't heard jack $h! about the stuff you're talking about. If they really were soooo common as you imply, then why hasn't anyone picked up on it? How come mainstream media hasn't? They love to use any chance to mention things that are detrimental to foreign companies...

If anything, the scale these are happening is nothing compared to your pimp's scale of problems...

Oh well, just remember, this is iFDG: home of the uneducated opinionated!

To Which I Replied
Toyota Recalled more Cars than it sold Last year... Believe it because it's true.

Okay... So:

Tailgate Failures- Tundra

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tund...ures-i-am-club/

Posted Image

Tundra Predicted Reliability Ratings

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/16/toyota-...reliability-ra/

ITundra Transmission Failures

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tund...ssion-failures/

Toyota Tacoma Sudden Acceleration

http://www.kpho.com/video/14310861/index.html

Tundra Frame Flex

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems...rintVersion=YES

FJ Cruiser Frame Tearing

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/prob...-body-rips.html

Tundra Camshafts Snapping

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/news/toyot...t/camshaft.html

ES350/Camry Airbag Sensors

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/02/lexus-f...-es350-airbags/

Toyota Avalon Transmission Failures

http://www.lemonlawclaims.com/toyota_avalo...ion_problem.htm

Toyota L4 Oil Sludge

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/261/RipOff0261157.htm

http://www.oilgelsettlement.com/

In case you were wondering, I haven't pulled these statements out of my a$$, I can cite a source for everything I stated about Toyota in this thread!

Also... Just because it's not on CNN, it doesn't mean it's not true... Wanna know why you never hear about this crap???

Toyota Recalls More Cars Than They Sold: Is There Fairness in the Media?

Toyota recalled 2.38 million vehicles but only sold 2.26 million.

The Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan scored higher than both the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord.

When Ford launched the the 2008 Ford Escape and the Mercury Mariner the media was invited out to the ceremony. Some of the reporters want to ask some questions about Ford. The UAW Local 249 bargaining chair R.D Snow had some questions for them. "Why is it that when Toyota has a recall, a small paragraph inside the paper is printed, but if Ford has a recall, it's splashed all over the front page? Of course they said they didn't make those decisions and the suddenly scattered.

The fact is the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announced that Toyota recalled more vehicles in the US than they sold last year. They recalled 2.38 million vehicles but only sold 2.26 million. Did you hear about that? I doubt it. Did you hear that Toyota is making an major apology for their "worrisome series of recalls" that has tarnished their reputation for quality? Did you hear about the Toyota senior manager saying that, we used to do quit recalls called, service campaigns' to deal with defects. (www.2006toyotarecalls.com)

How Americans Can Buy American says that in Japan, prosecutors are looking into possible negligence of the part of Toyota for shrinking recalls for the last eight years. You probably didn't hear about that one either because the American media doesn't like to bash foreign auto companies, just American auto makers.

Consumer reports announced that both the Ford Fusion and the Mercury Milan scored higher than both the Toyota Camry and the Honda Accord this year.

Toyota Motor Corp it was recalling 533,000 Tundra pickup trucks and Sequoia sport utility vehicles because of potential steering problems.

Toyota said the recall involved 2004-2006 Tundra trucks and 2004-2007 Sequoia full-size SUVs. The automaker has received reports of 11 accidents and six injuries connected to the recall, said Toyota spokesman Bill Kwong. The automaker said there was a possibility of excessive wear to a front suspension lower ball joint that could make it difficult to steer the vehicle and stay in the center of the lane. Drivers may also notice more noise coming from the front suspension, Kwong said.

As long as the American people continue to buy foreign cars the economy doesn't get any better. The money goes to Japan not in the pockets of the American people. It's time we take a stand and show everyone that we will drive American made products. Ford and GM have had their problems in the past, and a lot of people have swore off ever buying another product from them ever again. Times have changed and the quality coming from these auto makers is a whole lot better in this day in age. Ford and GM have had to make some drastic changes, including laying off hard working Americans from their jobs and giving auto buyouts to get people out so when they are forced to close plants some of the people can still have jobs.

If you are at all concerned about are economy and not Japans please write your local papers and tell them to quit bashing American auto makers more than the foreign ones.

Ever run across ignorant people like that... I mean jeez... just cause it isn't on CNN, it isn't true! :rolleyes:

What would you say in my situation.

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

Toy Humpers Replied

Do you know how much weight it takes to flex carbon steel? About 34,000 PSI. Guessing that their is a total of 1/4th of an inch (both sides) and total leverage of 12in that's roughly 4,600pounds on the rear of his truck bed (beyond the crease). I'd call that a bad owner, not a bad truck.

I Replied
It's a bad truck if it gets warped under regular loading, unloading, weight, and sitting circumstances. Something you will never see a F150 or Ram have happen. That is a safety issue that needs to be addressed.

And wonder of wonders A TOYOTA TACOMA OWNER spoke up (there is one among the boards)!

Apparently your friends don't keep up on the 05-current Tacomas and 2007-current Tundras. rolleyes.gif You can't put a ladder rack on the Tacoma because the composite bed rails give in. You can't put any weight on the Tacoma / Tundra tailgate. Ours buckled with 180lbs on it. The we had to replace a CV joint at 20,000 miles. Our instrument cluster gave out at 57,000 miles. The brackets that holds the trim around the wheel wells all broke only the 4 screws that attach it from the underside are holding the one side on. It dent's like you would not believe. The bed panel by the bumper cracked... About 3"-4" The paint is very low quality. Oh and did I mention Toyota puts Peanut Oil on the wires... Rats love feasting on them. Only cost us $3,500 to fix. Same thing happened to the Camry that was another $3,000. Went to change the break pads and the Bolt holding the caliper on sheared off. Lovely! Toyota said the breaks have 1,000s of miles left. The inside pad on both sides have less than 1/8" left the outside pads have a little more. The inter and outer pads aren't wearing evenly. The dealer denies it rolleyes.gif If we were rich we'd push it off a cliff and buy a real truck. wink.gif Our family has always had toyota's but the quality has gone down hill! Doubt we will own any more till Toyotas improves in the quality department.

1/4 inch you kidding me?!?! They are closer to 1/8" if that. Apparently you don't own one or have never really looked at one. Know some that had 500 lbs in the bed and the rear axle snapped.

Toyota use to be one of the best... Not any more!

To which a humper replied
To be fair, the Tacoma was never really supposed to be a heavy weight truck on par with the F-150. It's a toy truck...

To which the Tacoma Owner replied...

Neither was the Dodge Dakota. I loaded one with 2,500 lbs of concrete and drove it up a 7% grade.
Then the court jester said

Toyota Trucks are good for one thing:

Posted Image

EXCELLENT WORK MAN!!!

Toyota's image IS worsening... 3 years ago, you would've been shot down and never would an actual Toyota owner speak out about the brand. I think things are changing, it's just slow.

There will always be ignorant people blinded by Japan Inc. but hopefully the masses aren't that 'locked in' to the Toyota kool-aid.

What Detroit has endured and still continues to endure just illustrates the passion that the companies have to survive. It's nice to find a fan who shares that same passion.

Sir I tip my hat to you! very nicely done, and thanks for using my Silverado towing Toyota trailer caption :D

It's nice to see one of the Toyota owners backing you up as well...man that Tacoma sounds like a real pile of crap.

Then when the Toyota humper said it wasn't a full size truck so it has an excuse for being a POS and the reply about the Dakota PWN3D him...oh that's priceless.

Keep up the good work!

I want to know why, in 2007, I'm reading reviews about a 2007 DTS that *STILL* reference the Cimmeron and 8-6-4? Celebrity, Corsica and sometimes even Citation when talking about the Malibu?

Why is the Paseo not brought up when we read reviews of the Scion TC?

Why are the Tercel and Echo not brought up when we read reviews of the Yaris?

Why is the Cressida <even though it was actually decent> not brought up when we read reviews of the Avalon?

Why are Toyota's first few lame attempts at a mini-van not brought up when talking about a Sienna?

Why do we not hear anything about the Isuzu based Odyssey when talking about the new one?

Why do we not hear about the Acura SLX when there is a review of the MDX?

Why is there no mention of the G20, J30, or I30 whenever the G35 is reviewed?

"Ignorant" = people you disagree with

"Ignorant" = people who don't know the quality history of the products they buy then tout said products as near perfection when they clearly aren't.

Edited by Oldsmoboi

I want to know why, in 2007, I'm reading reviews about a 2007 DTS that *STILL* reference the Cimmeron and 8-6-4? Celebrity, Corsica and sometimes even Citation when talking about the Malibu?

Why is the Paseo not brought up when we read reviews of the Scion TC?

Why is the Cressida <even though it was actually decent> not brought up when we read reviews of the Avalon?

Why are Toyota's first few lame attempts at a mini-van not brought up when talking about a Sienna?

Why do we not hear anything about the Isuzu based Odyssey when talking about the new one?

Why do we not hear about the Acura SLX when there is a review of the MDX?

Why is there no mention of the G20, J30, or I30 whenever the G35 is reviewed?

Curtains my dear friend. You saw them, now you don't.

Posted Image

Very logical replies. Keep the battle.

The Wikipedia article on Toyota claimed that they were the world's largest automaker for 2006. The referenced article claimed that this was true because GM was counting vehicles from their affiliates - so I just found a new reference article and fixed it.

I don't want to be the only one fighting this when people undoubtedly change it back - so can some other posters on here keep an eye on the Toyota article and make sure we keep them in line?

Thanks in advance...

There's a fundamental flaw in your arguments: you didn't post any links to :CG_all:

:P j/k

I think you did quite well in exposing yur arguments and supporting them with the info on the stuff you linked to. If these other people were interested in a serious discussion they would at least have tried to do the same.

Edited by ZL-1

vonveezelsnider: Can you post the link to the actual thread?

Prolly Wouldn't Hurt... Given you all promise me not to invade my forum and cause a fuss :P

~4 Pages Long.

http://forums.ifdg.net/index.php?showtopic=3934&st=0

I know that the domestics have made gigantic strides in quality over the last 10-15 years...but even if they didn't I still wouldn't be buying anything else.

What kind of dimwitted moron actually wouldn't help his country's automotive industry, economy AND workers on purpose? Think about it, back in the day they said that if GM sneezed, the whole country caught a cold. That kind of presence resonates far beyond the rust belt...and look at the size of GM now.

While i agree with you for the most part you are wrong on these two lines. As BMW and Driver have brought up that the Yaris is a much better product than the Echo and tercel ever tried to be. And they ripped the wonder wagon and its sogan "What a Feeling" in a recent van comparo.

Just as I suspected, somebody went in and changed the Toyota Wikipedia article to say bestselling in 2006 again, with the editing comment:

"READ THE MOTHERf@#kING REFERENCE f@#kING BITCHES!!!!!!! f@#k!!"

So I changed it back, with the editing comment:

"The "f@#kING REFERENCE" says that they were second to GM in 2006 by 162,000 vehicles, why don't YOU read it??? f@#king Toyo fanboys, only smart enough to read the headline and misinterpret..."

This is fun...

I can see more GM bashing coming out of this:

"So I was sitting in traffic in my Sunfire when I got a little hungry and decided to munch on a little speaker wire. Not only did it taste bad, it also gave me a shock! That never happens in my Toyota. Their wiring tastes like peanuts! Death to GM!"

And that statement would be part of a tort Law Suit against GM.

Haha! Wikipedia response from the Toyo fanboy...

"ok I accept defeat, i didn't read that, maybe I saw something, it is second and is still second"

ME FTW!! :AH-HA_wink:

A small but significant victory. Kudos to your persistence.

How is that a significant victory? That's like teaching a dog to sit. For every domestic-bashing Toyota-humping moron even slightly converted, there are still 100,000 more.

All it takes is ONE. The rest of the sheeples will follow.