Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Could this hint at the next LS?

Northstar

What's going on with these tail lights? I mean, original yes, good no. Do they really stick out 2 inches?

same reason enzo's stick out 2in

[post="31834"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

And this is because both have forgotten how to design vehicles... Both Toyota's and Ferrari's design has gone down the drain. Add BMW to that as well. The last well designed Toyota was the Celica (previous IS for Lexus; Scion has nothing). The last well designed Ferrari was the 550 Maranello (sp?). The last well designed BMW was the... uh... um... anything before Bangle. The previous 3er was probably the last. Now it's crap, crap, and more crap from each (although, I will admit the 6er isn't that bad).

More on poor design cues used on the IS...

-misaligned taillights
-misplaced rear reflectors
-huge mirrors
-hatchback profile
-weird fog/intakes
-front-happy/rear-angry
-misplaced GP=like kink
-mismatched HVAC vents

And to top it off, no manual available with the biggest engine! :D

If I may add to Blackviper's list

"More on poor design cues used on the IS...

-misaligned taillights
-huge mirrors
-hatchback profile
-weird fog/intakes
-front-happy/rear-angry
-misplaced GP=like kink
-mismatched HVAC vents"

- mismatched grille
- trim reduction on 'melted' dash
Posted Image
What's with this?
NOTHING about that grille lines up - looks like it was stuck in from some other car.
That dash looks like when it melted, the plastic flowed-over and obliterated any trim that should be there in front of the passenger. First the GS (overtrimed center stack/door panels and bland dash) and now the LS.

pre-posting-edit: just noticed that the driver's door is practically a plain square in the pic - guess they're going with the-box-it-came-in theme for the sides (and had to make the doorhandles arrow-shaped so you'd know which way it's s'posed to go).

You're going to have to get used to that "squircle in a square" grille... it's part of their new styling identity. Personally I like it... it continues through the sculpting on the bumper and hood. The IS looks excellent from the outside, IMO; it's bold enough to attract new customers and is consistent with Lexus design. I dislike the interior, though.

Try again, Bimmer...

[post="31593"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Blackviper8891,

I have to say I really like the LF-Sh. It builds nicely on the design of the IS & GS cars which are also exceptionally well executed. And the 400h is a hit, as irrational as that may be. The IS should naturally be the most expressive, followed by the GS and then the LS, as the latter buyers would tend to be a tad more conservative.

I did have some L-Finesse reservations after seeing the LF-A in Detroit, but the LF-Sh is exactly as it should be. With time, it will challenge the 7-Series and S-Class - certainly in North America.

Toyota's missing key ingredient has always been styling. Even the new Camry promises, from what is out there at least, to be "emotive" as well.

In its mission of creating inspiring designs which evoke emotional response, Toyota had its work cut out for it. But today evidences they're solidly heading in the right direction. The Rick is right in that no company is unstoppable, but with this missing element increasingly present, Toyota promises to be an even more competitive player than ever before. Edited by Hogans_Heroes

Guest gmrebirth
[quote name='blackviper8891' date='Oct 20 2005, 07:41 PM']
same reason enzo's stick out 2in

[post="31834"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

[/quote]
And this is because both have forgotten how to design vehicles... Both Toyota's and Ferrari's design has gone down the drain. Add BMW to that as well. The last well designed Toyota was the Celica (previous IS for Lexus; Scion has nothing). The last well designed Ferrari was the 550 Maranello (sp?). The last well designed BMW was the... uh... um... anything before Bangle. The previous 3er was probably the last. Now it's crap, crap, and more crap from each (although, I will admit the 6er isn't that bad).

More on poor design cues used on the IS...

-misaligned taillights
-huge mirrors
-hatchback profile
-weird fog/intakes
-front-happy/rear-angry
-misplaced GP=like kink
-mismatched HVAC vents

And to top it off, no manual available with the biggest engine! :D

[post="31858"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

[/quote]

Misplaced?

Misaligned?

What are you taking about ... everything was done on purpose.

The headlights stick out for aerodynamic efficiency, which shows when you take a look at the new IS's fuel economy and co-efficient of drag. How about we compare both to the CTS, which I'm guessing you think is all "properly aligned" styling-wise :rolleyes:

All of your complaints are purely subjective, and are not actually indicative of the car's build quality. Edited by gmrebirth

there's a video Lexus made

http://lexus.jp/ms/

to those who don't know the new LS will gets an all new engine, tranny, platform, and updated VDIM.

the 2IS got Lexus' 5th gen Navi, latest generation of ML audio, and the dual port direct injection 3.5L.

I don't the 3GS got anything new beside VDIM. Come to think of it the 3GS is Lexus' weakest vehicle.

Overall this new LS is like a D+ IMHO. The chrome trim aroud the greenhouse fro profile looks good and I love those rims but other than that the car is seriously bland and fugly. ZA few elements like the grille and headlights have a very "Hyundai" element to them.