Chevy Lumina SS

bscythe

Hey all,

I've been coming to the site a lot over the years but haven't had any real reason to post until now. I just saw a Chevrolet Lumina SS at lunch today. I got pictures and e-mailed them to FlyBrian. I was surprised since I have not seen any mention of this car anywhere. So hopefully FlyBrian can get those pictures up...they are crappy camera phone pictures, but they do show enough of the car that you can tell it is a rebadge. Perhaos they want to release it as a Chevy too since they are releasing the G8.

-Bryan

--------------------------------------

SPY SHOTS! Chevrolet Lumina SS

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Meee want!

And I hope Chrysler isn't exporting the Sebring sedan seen in the window reflection. I don't think we need to give the rest of the world another reason to hate America.....

The Sebring is exported to the UK and presumably elsewhere in Europe...

Why is this LHD? I hope this is just a mule. I was hoping for an all new impala. <_<

1. It's NOT a mule. It's the Holden built Chevrolet Lumina. A few are (were?) here for evaluation by GM and to set final caliberation specs and tuning for US bound G8s (which are nothing more than Lumina SSs with a unique Pontiac nose).

2. It's sold in the Middle East. Holden has been selling large cars under the Chevrolet name there since the US stopped making B-bodies after the 1997 model year.

3. Holden has also been making the Chevrolet Caprice since 2000. It's based on their Statesman.

4. Only Japan and countries that were British territory when the automobile arrived are RHD. The rest of the world (including the Middle East) drive on the correct side of the road.

5. You're at least 2 years away from seeing any street "spyshots" of the US Impala replacement (which is now extremely unlikely to actually be a replacement).

And I hope Chrysler isn't exporting the Sebring sedan seen in the window reflection. I don't think we need to give the rest of the world another reason to hate America.....

Chrysler Sebring is sold overseas both in Europe and in Australia.

The Chevrolet HHR is made in Mexico. Yes, it's sold in Japan. Ironically by a company called Mitsui (no 'bishi suffix)

Edited by guionM

1. It's NOT a mule. It's the Holden built Chevrolet Lumina. A few are (were?) here for evaluation by GM and to set final caliberation specs and tuning for US bound G8s (which are nothing more than Lumina SSs with a unique Pontiac nose).

2. It's sold in the Middle East. Holden has been selling large cars under the Chevrolet name there since the US stopped making B-bodies after the 1997 model year.

3. Holden has also been making the Chevrolet Caprice since 2000. It's based on their Statesman.

4. Only Japan and countries that were British territory when the automobile arrived are RHD. The rest of the world (including the Middle East) drive on the correct side of the road.

5. You're at least 2 years away from seeing any street "spyshots" of the US Impala replacement (which is now extremely unlikely to actually be a replacement).

Chrysler Sebring is sold overseas both in Europe and in Australia.

The Chevrolet HHR is made in Mexico. Yes, it's sold in Japan. Ironically by a company called Mitsui (no 'bishi suffix)

You're right it's not a mule, it's an A$$! :rotflmao:

This ought to be made available here in North America, just like the 2 DR Lumina SS should have (which was sold as the Pontiac GTO here). The Caprice (Holden Statesman), Lumina, and Holden Ute, all should be available to Americans. They've been sold in the Middle East for years. These are the cars I wish Chevy would have put on the road here instead of the crappy FWD Impala, and the ugly-ass Monte Carlo.

This ought to be made available here in North America, just like the 2 DR Lumina SS should have (which was sold as the Pontiac GTO here). The Caprice (Holden Statesman), Lumina, and Holden Ute, all should be available to Americans. They've been sold in the Middle East for years. These are the cars I wish Chevy would have put on the road here instead of the crappy FWD Impala, and the ugly-ass Monte Carlo.

Would be nice, but in the US, GM markets Chevy as the brand for FWD volume cars... (with the exception of the Corvette).

Hey All,

Yeah I saw this car in Troy, MI and though I could see evidence of recently removed camo tape I did not see the car all instrumented out like normal M-plates I see are. I thought that the car looked pretty sweet for a factory car with the aggressive looking ground effects. The fact that they are sold in the middle east certainly explains how polished/complete the vehicle looked for a car that I hadn't heard anything about. Oh well, thought it was pretty cool getting "spy shots" of a car that I hadn't already seen in these forums yet.

Thanks for posting them Brian!

-Bryan

I get it. No new RWD Impala, just the same boring old FWD 'refreshened' car.

Not necessarily. Just wait and see. It's still a ways out and info like this comes out to discourage the public and try to fool them into thinking one thing will happen when the whole time development continues. In the past, we've seen countless articles like this about no Zeta platform for the USA. Then suddenly the G8 cometh and the Camaro. I think GM knows it has a huge fan base wanting to know what is coming out in the future and puts out articles like this to discourage everyone and also to keep the competition guessing as to what they are doing for their future plans. So just hide and watch and wait for something official to be announced, and then take the official news with a grain of salt.

Not necessarily. Just wait and see. It's still a ways out and info like this comes out to discourage the public and try to fool them into thinking one thing will happen when the whole time development continues. In the past, we've seen countless articles like this about no Zeta platform for the USA. Then suddenly the G8 cometh and the Camaro. I think GM knows it has a huge fan base wanting to know what is coming out in the future and puts out articles like this to discourage everyone and also to keep the competition guessing as to what they are doing for their future plans. So just hide and watch and wait for something official to be announced, and then take the official news with a grain of salt.

I will be the first one to kiss you, if these words are true down the road.

(Wait I did not say that) :AH-HA_wink: