Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

C&G interview with Bryan Nesbitt, Troy Clarke, and John Howell

Flybrian

I'm excitied and proud to announce that myself and Smallchevy will be attending the South Florida Auto Show Friday, November 9th on behalf of Cheers & Gears. During the pre-show press events, we'll have the opportunity to Bryan Nesbitt (GM Vice President of Design North America), John Howell (Director of Marketing, Cadillac), and Troy Clarke (President of GM North America) as well as being there to see the world premiere of the Cadillac Escalade Hybrid.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments for these gentlemen and we'll be glad to ask or share them on your behalf.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments for these gentlemen and we'll be glad to ask or share them on your behalf.

They won' answer it, but please ask the Cadillac people when the RWD BLS replacement is scheduled to start production/sales.

Would you ask Troy what products they have planned for Wilmington?

Thanks!

Poly you know he won't answer that, don't you? I spoke to Bob Dolan about that the other day too. Told him I think Wilmington should be making Zeta.

He was totally committed to being non-committal, which makes me think he doesn't know what's going to happen in his own plant.

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Guest YellowJacket894

To Nesbit: Will future Chevrolets, and other GM products, feature more heritage cues? And what's next for the Colorado/Canyon, design-wise? Will they be more in line with the GMT-900 trucks?

A lot of people miss affordable mid- to large size RWD GM cars, even after years of being off the market (at least 11 for Chevrolet, Buick and Cadillac). Do these guys feel these types of RWD cars still have a future, as promised, at GM? Will the Pontiac large RWD sedan be built in North America any time soon? Edited by ocnblu

Poly you know he won't answer that, don't you? I spoke to Bob Dolan about that the other day too. Told him I think Wilmington should be making Zeta.

He was totally committed to being non-committal, which makes me think he doesn't know what's going to happen in his own plant.

Yes, PCS, I know they won't answer that , but i'll keep asking! As for Dolan- does that surprise you? Doesn't surprise me!

Would ask Mr. Nesbitt about U.S. vs Euro styling,

and if any particular styling trends are coming.

or any other hints for what to expect in next couple years?

btw, I've been a member for a long time but just recently have been able to login again :)

(long story)

Heres one, How much weight do you give to advertising and if the first wave advertisement blitz for the Malibu fails to produce results what is the next step?

I suppose thatd be directed at the president of GMNA, Troy Clark.

Will North American Chevrolets share the same designs as models sold in other regions, or will GM continue to offer multiple products in the same segment? (e.g. Cobalt/Optra, Epica/Malibu, Captiva/Equinox)

Given the success of Kia's compact Rondo MPV (outselling the Sedona), would GM consider offering the next Chevrolet MPV in NA as well as export markets? Do the packaging/fuel economy advantages for families of small MPVs improve their prospects as fuel prices and CAFE demands increase?

Given that the most popular compacts in North America offer smaller engines with less power but better fuel economy than Cobalt, and given escalating CAFE proposals, will GM finally consider offering its new generation Family 1 engines in NA-built compacts?

Will the CTS get a mid-range V8 model to better align it with the 5-series and other vehicles in it's size class?

Given healthy sales of the Uplander to commercial fleets, would GM consider offering a European-style midvan like the Fiat/PSA LCVs in North America when the time comes to replace it, perhaps as an expansion of the LCV partnership with Renault-Nissan?

Given increased CAFE proposals again, what are the prospects for a smaller, more economical C/D-segment sedan like the Chinese Excelle or the late Grand Am for the BPG channel?

With record fuel prices (especially with a falling dollar) and escalating CAFE demands reducing the appeal of larger rwd sedans such as the G8 (especially in Australia where fuel prices are higher than the US [wait, you're paying nearly $4 a gallon in some places? We're only at $US5 and half of that is tax]), does GM see demand for smaller 4-cylinder rwd sedans in the C/D-segment as people trade down, or will rwd be available only to luxury buyers?

With Chrysler killing off the Magnum, does GM see increased demand for Holden's upcoming Sportwagon as a G8 variant?

Does GM see any opportunity in establishing a minicar-class in the US and/or Canada—favored-treatment from state and federal agencies for vehicles of restricted size and engine capacity such as the three Chevrolet concepts shown by GM?

Despite buyers flocking to smaller crossovers such as the CRV, true midsize crossovers such as the Highlander and Pilot are still selling twice as well as the Acadia and Enclave. Will GM offer a true 7-seat midsize crossover (a longer, wider Captiva?) to directly compete with the Japanese models, or will we see another Equinox—too big to compete in the compact segment, too cheap to compete in the midsize segment?

To Nesbit: Will future Chevrolets, and other GM products, feature more heritage cues? And what's next for the Colorado/Canyon, design-wise? Will they be more in line with the GMT-900 trucks?

Also for Bryan Nesbitt along the same lines, what heritage Chevrolets are inspirations for him, and what are some of his favorite classic GM cars. I would really like to know, and it would give insight to future design cues.

It's probably too late, but here's a question or two.

For a long time GM has been the stying follower instead of being the styling leader. This has started to change with the CTS and a few other vehicles, but with those exceptions, there has been nothing that's bold and exciting in GM's North American vehicle lineup. Will GM ever become the styling leader again?

The Camaro concept has been on the show scene for so long that it will be old by the time it's put into production. Why? This is unacceptable.

Where is the CTS coupe?

I hear rumors about problems with the new ultra sunroof on the CTS. Are they true and how did this happen?

Thanks for letting me put in my 2 cents.